TM30 Website down

Hi,

I have recently moved from Chiang Mai to Bangkok on my Tourist Visa, and I would like to extend my visa in Bangkok. However last time I have done it was in Chiang Mai, and since the Residence Notification website is down, I am having a hard time to obtain new TM-30. I am staying at a hostel.

How is it possible to obtain the TM-30 now?

Can people at Counter K at Udon Thani temporary immigration office for Covid extensions help in any way?

What's the process of getting TM-30 done when tourist check in to hotels/hostels now when the system is down for maintenance?

7 minutes ago, samtam said:

What are the documents required to submit with a TM.30. I did it a long time ago, but I cannot remember now.

It can depend upon the office you submit it to.

Basically it would be proof you are the owner or possessor (tenant) of the residence being reported.

1 minute ago, samtam said:

Chaengwattana. So the yellow book + ?

If you have yellow house book that should be enough along with a copy of your passport photo page, entry stamp, extension stamp, visa and TM6 departure card. You might not need all of them.

It will be done at counter B at Muang Thong Thani.

1 minute ago, samtam said:

I want to mail it in. Was able to do that the first time...in 2019.

Why are you submitting one now? If on extensions of stay or a multiple entry visa they are no longer required unless you are changing your address.

It can be mailed in to the CW address for mailed in 90 day reports.

Oh thanks. I wasn't planning on submitting one now as I have not been away since I filed my last one, but I was anticipating that I may have to after I return from my next travel out of the kingdom (come), maybe not for a while! I am on an extension of stay and will have a multiple re-entry visa when I do my next extension in April. Did not obtain or need the latter in 2019, but maybe by the 3rd quarter of 2021 international travel may be feasible.

I just haven't kept up with the au courant status of TM.30, because I remembered  following it throughout 2019 and some of 2020 and the outcry. Good to know that I will not need to file one unless I move house/address.

36 minutes ago, samtam said:

Good to know that I will not need to file one unless I move house/address.

A new regulation for TM30 reporting went into effect last year on June 30th.

It states no report is needed in your case unless you change addresses.

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A new regulation for TM30 reporting went into effect last year on June 30th.

It states no report is needed in your case unless you change addresses.

Good to know. It would be nice to think that the current fiasco with IT failures on all fronts at IMM might make them reconsider the 90 day report requirement. A man can dream...

The TM.30 change to which you refer resulted from so much criticism in the media including TV and included a meeting at the FCC which was attended by a high ranking IMM official. They seemed completely unaware of how difficult it was to comply with IMM rules (TM.30) because the IT infrastructure was so poor. They fixed it (then), but in any commercial enterprise this sort of failure, on multiple occasions, would result in some positive reaction.

I dread to think what the vaccination rollout is going to look like with the potential for disaster, if one has to register, say online.

Archived