Dutch AOW Pension - "Life Certificate"

My post is in regards to the Dutch AOW Pension. I am an American citizen that worked in The Netherlands in the 80’s and paid into the Dutch pension scheme. I have established that I am entitled to receive this pension and was sent an AOW pension package. The package included a “Life Certificate”, the purpose of which is to determine if I am still alive. The UK pension office has similar requirements. The package sent to me by the AOW office contains the following text regarding signatures:

The following are competent authorities:

“Social Security Office (SSO), de Nederlandse ambassade in Bangkok en het consulaat in Phuket (voor personen met de Nederlandse nationaliteit), Social Security Office (SSO}, Dutch Embassy in Bangkok and Consulate in Phuket (for Dutch nationals}.”

For non-Dutch nationals, there are no options given in the documents. I was told to go to the Dutch Embassy in Bangkok which I did yesterday and was informed that because I did not have any Dutch credentials, they could not sign the package.

I then contacted the Dutch pension office and was told to go to a Social Security office in Bangkok. I was given an address, I found out it is the Headquarters for Thailand Social Security. I was told that they can sign this Life Certificate and they (the Thai SS office) should return it to The Netherlands.

Going to the Thailand Social Security office in Bangkok to get a Dutch document signed, stamped, and sent to The Netherlands seems to be an impossibility for many reasons.
I can’t be the first non-Dutch national living outside the Netherlands to qualify for a Dutch pension. Can any other person in a similar situation offer advice regarding how to get this Life Certificate signed and stamped to the satisfaction of the Dutch Pension office?

I am sorry to say that that information is correct.

I am not a dutch citizen any more because the dutch government does not allow dual citizenship.

I just received my Levensbewijs/ Life Certificate.

I live in Chiang Mai and I go to the Social Security Office.

Take the form and a copy of your passport with you.( to be save I also take my passport with me).

It normally takes here about 10 minutes. I get the form back and a statement that I am live.

Important, the first time I send it off to the Netherlands it got lost in the post and had not made a digital copy of it. Had to  start all over.

I rang the SVB and they told me that I was silly and should have emailed a copy to them.

Ever since I now scan the documents and if you have a DigiD account you can lodge it that way or else just go to their website and email it that way.

Thank for the information - this corelated with other responses I received. Yesterday, I went to the SSO in Pattaya and got it done. When I first heard about this requirement, it was puzzling because the UK will allow a Licenses Lawyer in Thailand to sign their Life Certificate equivalent. 

I was also told that I can go into any SSO and do the same transaction.

Thanks for the information....