Go from Buriram to Korat !

Farang two dot zero

4 minutes ago, Farang two dot zero said:

Taxi, bus, car rental... I am looking for a quick and cheap way to get from Buriram to Korat for a regular medical appointment !

Trains are good. I believe there are two cheap trains in the morning. About 6 am and 8 am. Takes about 2 hours. Returning there is a cheap train at about 14:30.

Buses leave about every half an hour. There are a few different buses with different levels of comfort and different prices.

• Like 2

The train is totally unreliable and very slow - if you need to be in Korat for a particular time you'd be well advised to leave 4 hours earlier.  Sometimes they just stop running with no explanation.

I'm not sure if there's a mini-van covering that route as its not so popular, I don't remember seeing vans on the 226 but if there is, that will be your most reliable and should cost less than 100 baht each way - ask at the van terminus in Buriram. Otherwise, the bus is probably your best bet.

Depending on your budget, you could try asking a local taxi driver for a price but I guess it depends on your appointment duration as to whether he will wait or not.

6 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

The train is totally unreliable and very slow - if you need to be in Korat for a particular time you'd be well advised to leave 4 hours earlier.  Sometimes they just stop running with no explanation.

I'm not sure if there's a mini-van covering that route as its not so popular, I don't remember seeing vans on the 226 but if there is, that will be your most reliable and should cost less than 100 baht each way - ask at the van terminus in Buriram. Otherwise, the bus is probably your best bet.

Depending on your budget, you could try asking a local taxi driver for a price but I guess it depends on your appointment duration as to whether he will wait or not.

Used the two early morning trains many times. No problems at all. They are an integral part of many students'  teachers' and other workers daily routine. Very reliable.

Buses go along the 226. Minivans on 24.