Driver’s horror after discovering human remains under vehicle during trip to Koh Chang

snoop1130

1 minute ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Driving to an island.

Hmmm.  I'm skeptical on whether their cars will float. ????

It’s Xeno’s paradox. For each halfway point if they hit a body and surrender a vehicle to the authorities and are let go they eventually run out of vehicles.

Perhaps the real vacation is the people you run over along the way.

Thoughts and prayers to the victim(s).

Lots of unanswered questions here. If you run over something big enough to stick under your car for several KM it would have made plenty if noise. If there are multiple cars in a line did they not run over the same "dog" too? They obviously saw something in the road or would have said they thought it was a dog. Body parts scattered along the road implies dismemberment possibly as dragging under a car may not dislodge body parts necessarily but not sure what body parts mean. If there was an earlier report of a accident in that general area that may account for the body but if police were there earlier they should have seen a body in the middle of the road I would have thought. If no damage to the car(s) then it's probably not a case we're they hit a live person.  I have a hard time believing they had no idea they hit and where dragging something under the car. Why they didn't stop and check also makes no sense. Terrible situation in every aspect

[quote]

... I once rented a Honda Jazz for 3 weeks while in Australia, as mentioned above why to low for me, you can feel each bump. 

[/quote]

How many bumps?  I need to check news about a spate of hit and run accidents in Australia...????

20 hours ago, dallen52 said:

The police said they found other body parts along the road.

You have to have physically seen what a body does when hit at speed to appreciate it. 

They don't just break into pieces. 

The Jazz maybe. 

But not the person. 

Unfortunately, they can and do.  I once had a housemate who was a member of the California Highway Patrol MAIT (major accidents investigation team.)  She's one of the officers who gets called 24/7 whenever there is a road fatality to investigate and write up the report afterwards.   

For some sick reason, she loved to drop pics of the worst fatalities on my lap when I wasn't expecting it, and I've seen many who do break into pieces.  There was one ime where someone died on the freeway and had been run over in succession by multiple vehicles, none of which stopped.  By the time the CHP closed the road, there were body parts everywhere.  They found every body part except for the penis, it was just nowhere to be found!  2 weeks later, it was discovered to have somehow crossed to the other side of the divided highway and roll into a drainage gate.

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The astonishing nature of this story from a personal perspective is not the horrific news itself, but that I am not surprised or shocked by this news. 

Horrific and grotesque incidents such as this in Thailand have been normalised by their frequency.

Had this occurred in the UK I would have been a lot more horrified, but as this has happened in Thailand my initial impression was... A lorry has hit someone and left the body on the roadway for more cars to drive over - another normal day. 

I’m wondering if here is not a trashed motorcycle somewhere on the edge of the road... a motorcyclist knocked off and then hit and chewed up by a following big vehicle (lorry). Amazing that no one following noticed a body (even partially dismembered) on the road - quite worrying at that apparent lack of attention while driving. 

If there is an explanation, your's sounds entirely likely. A fallen motorcyclist in the road and run over more than once.

• Like 1

"The group said they would continue their holiday to Koh Chang as planned, instead travelling in three cars." ...

Something about Thailand and Black Humor creaps in on me here. ... A Very sad situation. ... It would be good to later on, know what the Reasons were for this unfortunate person to have end up like this. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

Unfortunately, they can and do.  I once had a housemate who was a member of the California Highway Patrol MAIT (major accidents investigation team.)  She's one of the officers who gets called 24/7 whenever there is a road fatality to investigate and write up the report afterwards.   

For some sick reason, she loved to drop pics of the worst fatalities on my lap when I wasn't expecting it, and I've seen many who do break into pieces.  There was one ime where someone died on the freeway and had been run over in succession by multiple vehicles, none of which stopped.  By the time the CHP closed the road, there were body parts everywhere.  They found every body part except for the penis, it was just nowhere to be found!  2 weeks later, it was discovered to have somehow crossed to the other side of the divided highway and roll into a drainage gate.

Wat Haripunchai in Lamphun  had a collection of photos as well, a foundation that was showing their work.

8 hours ago, simon43 said:

[quote]

... I once rented a Honda Jazz for 3 weeks while in Australia, as mentioned above why to low for me, you can feel each bump. 

[/quote]

How many bumps?  I need to check news about a spate of hit and run accidents in Australia...????

Northern Melbourne to Tocumwal check it out and let me know ???? Love my pick-up height. On that trip I got my first speeding ticket in 25 years. Welcome to the real world. And the ticket was delivered at my address in THailand.

On 2/27/2021 at 7:53 AM, Quickmill said:

How half of a human body can get trapped under a honda jazz without nobody has a clue of what happened???

Well there was a case a couple of years ago where a Thai women was flagged down by police because she had a motorbike jammed under her pick up but says she hadnt noticed anything untoward??