moving to new area

12 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Moving house in a months time.

What are the reporting steps and in what order.

Move will be after my next 90 day report in the old area. 6 months through my 1 year married extension of stay.

New area will be in Thonburi BKK.

I'm sure that there are rules, but given differences between Immigration Offices, I'd give the "new" one a call and find out how they do things. They may also require different papers etc.

1 minute ago, foreverlomsak said:

TM30 at a minimum, within 24 hours of arrival if possible, and ask what else they want.

See....that's what I meant about calling ahead. Neither of the two offices we dealt with in such cases required us to arrive within 24 hours. In both cases, it was like "huh?....come on your next 90 day report".

Just now, overherebc said:

TM 28 ???

You will receive info later from experts.

Fact is TM28 and 27 not required by most io now. Seems TM30 in a way has replaced it.

Also, the report TM30 within 24 hours is a crock. I've been here 10 years on retirement extensions and have never done a TM30.

I did my first ever 90 day address report august last year. Had my lease etc etc. Not required.

OP, if your imm office handy for next address report, personally I would report in person and take with me TM30. Can be filed anytime.

6 minutes ago, overherebc said:

So landlord does TM30 or I do? I file TM 30.

Where does TM 28 come in to it?

The landlord files the TM30. Make it very clear to him that this is required for immigration purposes and ask for print out.

Some folk have problems with landlords resist this. Common is airbnb or guesthouse etc. 

What is your accommodation situation at new location.

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The landlord files the TM30. Make it very clear to him that this is required for immigration purposes and ask for print out.

Some folk have problems with landlords resist this. Common is airbnb or guesthouse etc. 

What is your accommodation situation at new location.

In-laws have a few detached large houses and town houses, we have been given one of the houses to live in.  No problem getting MIL to provide whats needed.

I just want to get the Imm' stuff straight.

4 minutes ago, overherebc said:

In-laws have a few detached large houses and town houses, we have been given one of the houses to live in.  No problem getting MIL to provide whats needed.

Excellent. Just file a TM30 at some stage. Guys such as ubonjoe can advise exactly what is required and then for your next 90 address report and next annual extension you will be right to go.

Good luck.

4 minutes ago, overherebc said:

For immigration purposes, we lived in MiL's place (well, sort of). If I remember correctly, TM30, she doesn't need to come in person, just sign + ID and house registration copy. In return you get a form you're supposed to keep in your passport. Nothing to it, really.

Archived