A Question

MarkT63

Best thing I bought ?

That would have to be my wife (sin sot), I say that because in a way, the (sin sot) is what you pay the folk for to take the daughter away from them, right, and she was a bargain, still no need to replace her after 14 years, this model still works, performs and looks as good as it did when I first paid for it ????

Best one thing you wish you had bought?

There really isn't anything, I have everything I have really needed and wanted in life, but when I want something, I will pay for it, i.e. if I really need it, and it usually isn't that expensive, and leave it behind when I'm done ????

• Haha 1

On 2/26/2021 at 10:05 PM, MarkT63 said:

What is the best thing you ever bought.

Probably my first computer, a 80486. That allowed me to learn and make money with computer work - and buy some new PCs from time to time. I still like it. 

I am sure lots of tequila which I bought also helped me to enjoy life. And I don't drink tequila.

On 2/26/2021 at 10:05 PM, MarkT63 said:

And what is the one thing you wish you had bought?

That Z1 which I couldn't afford.

li38757568s4a3041.jpg?itok=Y8_Mtl4j

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Probably my first computer, a 80486. That allowed me to learn and make money with computer work - and buy some new PCs from time to time. I still like it. 

I am sure lots of tequila which I bought also helped me to enjoy life. And I don't drink tequila.

That Z1 which I couldn't afford.

li38757568s4a3041.jpg?itok=Y8_Mtl4j

Is there a door missing?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Is there a door missing?

No, the doors open to the bottom. You sit so deep in that thing that you can almost touch the street.

And I remember some review from that time that explained the center of gravity is so low that the Z1 allowed higher corner speed than any Ferrari from that time (about 1993). That thing was serious fun.

• Haha 1

The best intangible thing I ever bought is probably my one-way ticket out of the United Kingdom over 50 years ago.

I don't harbour any thoughts about things I wish I had bought. Possibly there are many, but they must be hidden so far away in the recesses of my mind that I don't recall them.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2021 at 9:30 PM, KannikaP said:

The one thing I wish I had bought was Fender VI bass from Eric Haydock formerly of the Hollies in 1971

The best thing I bought was a Fender Jazz bass in 1972, and its still going strong.

I have had three different Fender Bass guitars, Jazz, Precision and Mustang.

• Like 1

Best thing ever bought - Souvlaki for 5 cents American on the streets of Athens in 1971.  

The thing I wish I had bought (but did not have the money at the time), a studio condo Near Diamond Head for $25,000 in 1971.  Eleven years later in 1982 it was $425,000, God only knows what it is worth now.

• Like 1

Best thing I ever bought...????
Hmm, might among others be the two chicks in Patpong...:whistling:

The one thing I wish that I had bought...????
Extremely affordable to loose just $100 of Bitcoins in 2010 for 1 cent each, i.e. 10,000 coins, I would have had coins worth $452,560,000 today...????

The only relief is that my home-country's taxman also weep over that I didn't buy them...????

• Haha 1