PCX battery going flat after three days non use.

Every time I don't use my early 2019 PCX for three for four days the battery goes flat. I have taken it to Honda Maenam who just changed the battery and told me to make sure I turn off the remote when I leave the bike. Still happens.

Does anyone know of an electrician for motorbikes here in Samui who might be able to fault find the problem? Returned home from a short trip last night to find battery flat again.

No added accessories on the bike. It is as it came.

TIA

I bought my PCX in november 2017. 

Twice I had a flat battery, by simply turning off the engine and not putting the manual switch in 'lock' position (drive is far left - locking the front-wheel is far right) and after a couple of hours the battery was dead.

If you have the battery draining problem even with switch in lock-position, there is indeed definitely something wrong and would require a Honda mechanic with electrical background to investigate and solve the problem.

• Like 1

I have the ADV150 which uses the same battery as the PCX. It's tiny and only 5.3AH so it doesn't have much capacity. If leaving the alarm turned on mine would go flat after about 1 week of standing. Now it's a year old after 3 days (with no alarm) it will still start but the battery light comes on. New batteries cost anywhere from 400-1000 Baht depending on the brand and they seem to offer only 6 month warranty. For the cost I will change mine every year for reliability. Would advise the genuine Honda/Yuasa battery. I don't like the keyless system but there's apparently no option.

• Like 1

I always turn the on/off control switch on the bike to lock so it's not that. 

My get around for now is that I have bought a battery charger so can charge the battery in place on the bike without having to take it out. Which is OK for now as mostly I leave the bike at home in the garage. 

But I can't really leave it parked at the airport if I fly out for a few days.

Would like to get the problem sorted.

• Like 1