Thailand to increase speed limit to 120kph

rooster59

51 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

On the two or three roads in the entire country where it will actually be applied?

You are using your brains!Most people go spouting off how bad this idea is but it is

only a few highways where this will be implemented.

I think it is a good idea,the only draw back will be some people will be confused as to where it is

allowed and where not.

In my home country you can encounter 2 or more different speed limits within a few km.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

The minister explained that the new speed limit will be applied to straight sections of roads, with four or more lanes where there are no intersections or u-turns. There must also be meridian barriers to divide traffic, Thai PBS reported.

Anybody know where this stretch of road exists please.

Or does it mean we must slow down to 90 in the vicinity of a intersection or U turn? How far before the said U turn?

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

This so-called government have come up with some crazy ideas before, but this surely takes the prize for sheer stupidity.

Roads here are crazy enough with speed limit of 90, but 120 absolutely stupid.

Not really col...maybe they are looking to cull the population :cheesy:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Psimbo said:

On the two or three roads in the entire country where it will actually be applied?

Give them an inch....I have no doubt this will be applied by drivers to pretty much any road. On the other hand, I expect that to the extent the law would come with stricter/specific enforcement, it would indeed be so on them two or three roads.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Anybody know where this stretch of road exists please.

Or does it mean we must slow down to 90 in the vicinity of a intersection or U turn? How far before the said U turn?

All will be thoroughly and clearly explained in the latest release of the Thai Highway Code....a committee is in discussion at this present time as to it`s release date.....:whistling: