3 wheel motorcycle (clothing) 93,5 kph

3 wheel over 400cc (noodle) 115 kph

3 wheel over 400 cc (clothing) 112 kph

3 wheel Tuk Tuk up-to-you kph

4 wheel Tuk Tuk no passenger 110 kph

4 wheel Tuk Tuk with farang passengers 200 kph or above

Edited by GeilGeilertzen
  • Haha 1

Makes sense . If you have proven yourself unable to enforce existing speed limits then just increase said limits so that  those flaunting the limits now are within legal limits . More people will die but the Police have less embarrassment to deal with . TIT. Oh and then you even contend that this will make the roads safer .

• Thanks 1

My guess is that Thailand has decided that killing people on their roads is doing their part to cull the CO2 producers and control population growth.  They should regain the Number 1 Most Deadly Roads in The World status.  I think they like to be numero uno.

13 hours ago, mr mr said:

let me stop you right there. 

when i went to get my thai license i looked around the ministry and thought to myself....there is no way i would give 95 % of the people here a driving license. i really mean this too. 

the stats speak volumes. thai are pretty much the worst there is. 

What do good drivers look like?

Having the various speeds, is confusing, and does not make the roads any safer.  I guess the speeders can just go faster now

without getting a speeding ticket.  I always tell my Thai family drivers that they are brave to drive around Thailand.  They all

just chuckle, and agree.

Geezer

The laws and news releases in this country are mind numbing.

Just remove the speed limit, it won’t matter. It’s not enforced beyond a few areas where they take a photo, and these idiots are going to keep dying on the roads. The Thai autobahn is the end goal, with dead bodies piled up on the sides of the road and a tractor driving the wrong way in the dark with no lights on.

That's 76 mph which is 6 mph faster than UK maximum speed limit that many people in the UK ignore. I reckon that drivers will do the standard calculation used in the UK of

(speed limit) + (10% of speed limit)

and travel at 83 mph in the mistaken belief that speed cameras are 10% inaccurate

18 hours ago, keith101 said:

We can sit back and watch the road toll at least double with this increased speed limit .

It'll make absolutely no difference whatsoever, as most people driving on Thai roads take no notice of the speed limits anyway.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

What is the point of speed limits here. Pretty much everyone drives at a speed that suits them, rather than following any official rules.

Just imagine that you will see an increase in road users obeying the rules, let's hope that that will be the case eh.

Doesn’t matter what the speed limit is as nobody follows it anyway because their is no traffic control by the police. Setting up a roadblock and stopping random cars/motorcycles to give tickets doesn’t help anything with regard to people following traffic laws. 
A much better step would be to make sure people actually have licenses and completed the driver training course and get the traffic police to actually do some sort of job. 

Great idea!  Now vehicles will be able to scream into the cities so much faster that they’ll be able to sit in traffic for longer periods when they arrive!  Brilliant!!  

Bonus for the police, too! Now they won’t have to make excuses for not stopping vehicles for speeding over 90 mph and handing out a ticket!  Sounds like a win-win!!

Edited by Tracyb

23 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The new speed limit will assist with traffic flow while boosting convenience and safety for road users, the minister said.

No it won't!

Most drivers only look at the back of the car in front, not at 10+ cars in front looking for brake lights or other obstructions.  And as for looking in mirrors, from what I've seen, they are only for the boys to pick-out their blackheads and the girls to do their makeup.  Indicators, vehicle maintenance, insurance, driving licence, drunken driving.......; need I go on!

And, it's not a new speed limit, it's just a speed limit that's been legalised for the ignorant b******s that don't give a toss about anybody else.

12 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

How can there be a National speed limit on one regional road?   Isn't it a Motorway? There are a few klong bridges over which the limit is reduced to 90 to prevent unwanted take offs. 

I said on the expressway and its not just over bridges, it's for very many kilometres. 

On 2/27/2021 at 10:34 AM, Phuketshrew said:

It's not just the speed that's the problem. Most drivers here have no concept of safe distancing or stopping distances and most are incapable of performing an effective emergency stop. 

I counted NINE vehicles telescoped into each other on the 7 near Pattaya.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2021 at 10:22 AM, Brer said:

Don’t why they bother making road rules nobody takes any notice of them.

Having driven in so many countries, Thailand rates for me the worst country in the world to drive in.

Thai drivers the vast majority have no respect for other users, break road rules with impunity.

When I hear that the perpetrator of an accident has died I have no sympathy what so ever for him/her only the innocent he has maimed or murdered.

It happens a lot around here and I tell the missus not to go to the bomb of a murdering idiotic driver as he deserves no sending off.

"Don’t know why they bother making road rules, nobody takes any notice of them."  Just another excuse for the unelected "PM" and his soldiers to set up one of their rule making/changes in one of their regular sit around the table get togethers.

10 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

"Don’t know why they bother making road rules, nobody takes any notice of them."  Just another excuse for the unelected "PM" and his soldiers to set up one of their rule making/changes in one of their regular sit around the table get togethers.

It was probably brought up at the table becasue one of them recently bought a fast car with his envelopes and wants to drive fast.....????????????

• Haha 2