Ready for your COVID-19 jab? Thailand’s inoculation plan explained

rooster59

44 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Actually it applies to the majority of countries in the world and many are much worse of than the countries of SEA. Go take a swing round Africa.

Are you suggesting it would be more appropriate for Thailand to be in the African Union than ASEAN?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, George Bowman said:

I have to admit that compared to my home country of America, Thailand has done an outstanding job with the pandemic. I truly hope that the vaccine rollout will be a success. 

I have to admit that I've never heard of a country called America. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, arick said:

A vaccine not an inoculation! 

I thank you for this post.  Though I will concede that everyday conversations usually use the words "vaccination" and "inoculation" as interchangeable, unlike those of use that make a medical, scientific or denotative distinction.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Great start to the vaccine plan. Apparently they need some extra documents from Astrazeneca. This does not stop Anutin from getting the Chinese rubbish though so plan still good yeh? 

Maybe  because they didn't keep it cold and so it's compromised and have to wait for new supply.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Actually it applies to the majority of countries in the world and many are much worse of than the countries of SEA. Go take a swing round Africa.

Africa behind the west but well in front of Thailand.

COVAX announces 600,000 doses of the AstraZeneca/Oxford vaccine licensed to Serum Institute of India have arrived in Accra, Ghana; further deliveries to Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire are expected this week.

Final first round of allocations for doses of AstraZeneca/Oxford and Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines, to the majority of countries and economies participating in the COVAX Facility, anticipated to be published in coming days https://www.who.int/news/item/24-02-2021-covid-19-vaccine-doses-shipped-by-the-covax-facility-head-to-ghana-marking-beginning-of-global-rollout

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Wiggy said:

You mean developed countries like Ghana, that due to joining Covax (which Thailand refused to do) has started vaccinating already. 

56 minutes ago, Wiggy said:

You mean developed countries like Ghana, that due to joining Covax (which Thailand refused to do) has started vaccinating already. 

What an example to choose!

Ghana Covid cases per million   2,622    Deaths per million  19

Thailand Covid cases per million  370.    Deaths per million    1

In other words, if you can't cope with the pandemic, reach for the free vaccines!

And that's exactly what Covax is for. To help countries who cannot help themselves.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Do you have a problem with comprehension?

This is what was said:

"I have to admit that compared to my home country of America, Thailand has done an outstanding job with the pandemic." 

Why do you think that is? I'm sure there's a reason but I doubt many of us will have much of a clue about what it is.

If you look at infection rates and map them you can see that most of 'mainland' South East Asia has got by without a massive widespread number of infections, this has been very clear and well known to those watching the numbers (everyone) since last summer.

The further away from South East Asia you go, the worse the results are.

Why is that? There is an answer.....

• Like 1

Well, you may opt to to wait and see. The Chinese exported 300 million jabs while, at the same time, imported 100 million jabs from Germany. 

I - for one - am confused and rather wait for the first results and reports and am willing to put back all activities which are for the vaccinated only. 

• Like 1

The headline says "Ready for your Covid 19 Jab? Thailand's innoculation plan explained" Think there's a lot more explanation required???

What's the proposed roll-out of inoculations? Thai populace? When? Expats? When? What will be cost? ETC, etc???

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Why do you think that is? I'm sure there's a reason but I doubt many of us will have much of a clue about what it is.

If you look at infection rates and map them you can see that most of 'mainland' South East Asia has got by without a massive widespread number of infections, this has been very clear and well known to those watching the numbers (everyone) since last summer.

The further away from South East Asia you go, the worse the results are.

Why is that? There is an answer.....

Why the problem with sticking to the point that was made?

You either agree that Thailand has done an outstanding job, or you don't, little to be gained going off at a tangent.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Well, you may opt to to wait and see. The Chinese exported 300 million jabs while, at the same time, imported 100 million jabs from Germany. 

Shanghai Fosun Pharmaceutical Group Co., which in March made an agreement with BioNTech to develop and market the mRNA shot in China, will make an advance payment of 250 million euros ($300 million) for an initial 50 million doses. The German vaccine maker will supply no fewer than 100 million doses for China by the end of 2021, Fosun said in a statement filed with the Hong Kong Stock Exchange Wednesday.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-16/china-secures-100-million-doses-of-biontech-shot-to-boost-supply