Ready for your COVID-19 jab? Thailand’s inoculation plan explained

rooster59

IF our illustrious leader had anything about him as a leader, he would ensure all those in most need would be inoculated first. Instead, like all cowards he leads from the rear. The typical me first attitude of a dictator

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

That is not what they said. Thailand has done a great job with regards to the pandemic. The US is a case book example of a failure. As are many other countries. UK being one.

Yes, the UK made mistakes, we all do. However, they have made up for it with their vaccination program. Not that that excuses the mistakes.

• Like 1

Just now, Surasak said:

Yes, the UK made mistakes, we all do. However, they have made up for it with their vaccination program. Not that that excuses the mistakes.

Agreed. Same goes for the US. In the end, many died due to the failures of countries in their dealing with the virus.

1 hour ago, Christie Paul said:

A word from perhaps the most influential and heavily invested person in both the pandemic and vaccinations... 

“The world today has 6.8 billion people, that’s headed up to about 9 billion. Now, if we do a really great job on new vaccines, health care and reproductive health services, we could lower that by perhaps 10 - 15 %.”

Bill Gates

Take closer look at the average human, Bill. Then think again!

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, George Bowman said:

I have to admit that compared to my home country of America, Thailand has done an outstanding job with the pandemic. I truly hope that the vaccine rollout will be a success. 

Why would anyone but a Thai hater put a laugh emojo icon on this comment?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Redline said:

Centralized public health systems have a much easier task regarding vaccinations, and the Thai people don't follow the mantra of freedom at any cost~face saving does work in certain instances.  Don't forget the denier that was president through most of the pandemic~he said don't worry, and said that if you wear masks, you are not on his side

Face saving is a great Asian discovery that works in most social scenarios, the only problem for a Western is to find out the true feelings about a situation. Sometimes the true feelings will never be revealed... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bermondburi said:

I have to admit that I've never heard of a country called America. 

The name is United States of America. We Americans and many other people shorten the name to America. If this is a difficult concept I will try to help you out. Let's say a man has a name like David McGee. Now, he could use the name David or McGee to refer to himself. People would most likely understand. If he were really adventurous, he might shorten the first name to Dave. To further help you out, he may even refer to himself as Mac or Mic. I know, living in Thailand, it must be hard to grasp this idea because everyone here always states their full given proper names. I do hope this helped. I was, frankly, shocked that you'd not heard of America. Do you know what the Thai word for The United States of America is?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, John Drake said:

You think Thailand is doing a better job with its vaccine rollout????

It has not started yet as it did not need to but they have done a better job of dealing with the pandemic. And they can hardly do a worse job at a vaccine roll out than France, Germany, Spain, Portugal..er The EU..LOL

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Thailand was placed 4th in the world for its handling of Covid 19 and when one considers that 6 of the top 10 are island nations with no pesky land borders, that is a very credible performance indeed.

Of course the country is going to lag behind the developed countries in its vaccination program. It lacks the infrastructure and experience to come up with its own vaccine so it has no choice but to rely on others. 

But I'm very confident that once the programme gets rolling, it will be handled as professionally and efficiently as has the irradiation programme been to date. And here of course, with so few cases, there isn't the urgency anyway. They can take their time and do it right.

I am currently living in rural Thailand, a place which I regard as just about the safest place to be in the world right now.

I agree with you that Thailand has been relatively free , how ever with the suspicion that the corona virus 19 has started from Thailand , i my self needs to be thoughtful .

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Ready for your COVID-19 jab? Thailand’s inoculation plan explained

AP21057455904923.jpg

Thailand’s COVID-19 inoculation programme will likely kick off on Sunday, with top government figures receiving the first jabs to boost public confidence. The vaccine brings hope that the country’s year-long virus nightmare may soon be over.

If the vaccine rollout proves a success, the government will regain public faith, the economy will rebound, and life will finally – albeit slowly – get back to normal.

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha is due to be the first person in Thailand to get a COVID-19 shot, with Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul next in queue. They will receive their jabs at Nonthaburi’s Bamrasnadura Infectious Disease Institute, which has laid down a model vaccination procedure for other medical facilities to adopt.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/ready-for-your-covid-19-jab-thailands-inoculation-plan-explained/

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2021-02-27

Aaahh But which Brand  for the PM?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, arick said:

A vaccine not an inoculation! 

An inoculation is when some organism is introduced in human body to protect you against the diseases and to produce immunity. Vaccination is the process in which weak agents of a disease are inserted in human body to protect it against that specific disease while immunization is a process in which the immune system is fortified against and agent.

Edited by David T Pike

33 minutes ago, JohnFlory said:

The name is United States of America. We Americans and many other people shorten the name to America. If this is a difficult concept I will try to help you out. Let's say a man has a name like David McGee. Now, he could use the name David or McGee to refer to himself. People would most likely understand. If he were really adventurous, he might shorten the first name to Dave. To further help you out, he may even refer to himself as Mac or Mic. I know, living in Thailand, it must be hard to grasp this idea because everyone here always states their full given proper names. I do hope this helped. I was, frankly, shocked that you'd not heard of America. Do you know what the Thai word for The United States of America is?

Sorry i have no idea , as a guess I say falang 

17 minutes ago, itsari said:

I agree with you that Thailand has been relatively free , how ever with the suspicion that the corona virus 19 has started from Thailand , i my self needs to be thoughtful .

What is the point of 'being thoughtful' about something that, even if true, will probably never be proved. And again even if true, what difference does it make to the current situation?

It has long been speculated, including by myself, that Thailand had its 1st wave before the Coronavirus had been officially announced, brought here by Chinese visitors. Once again, even if true, what difference does it make to the current situation?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, arick said:

A vaccine not an inoculation! 

There is a subtle difference , but to most non medical people the words can be interchangeable!

Today, the two words often refer to any injection made against any disease. If there's any difference in usage, "vaccination" refers to preventative injections, like childhood dip/tet shots, while "inoculation" refers both to preventative shots and also to treatments subsequent to infection, for example snake-bite anti-toxin.

9 hours ago, George Bowman said:

I have to admit that compared to my home country of America, Thailand has done an outstanding job with the pandemic. I truly hope that the vaccine rollout will be a success. 

If you are seeking to discover any type of success, first of all you need to look another direction ... :thumbsup:

The headline editor responsible for the headline of this article should be fired, instantly.   Otherwise the credibility of Thaivisa (which has fallen downwards in my opinion) and its parent, "The Nation", will fall to even lower depths.

Where is the the "plan explained" ?   "Plan" is a word for which the Thai language has no rational meaning.