Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Ready for your COVID-19 jab? Thailand’s inoculation plan explained


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have to admit that compared to my home country of America, Thailand has done an outstanding job with the pandemic. I truly hope that the vaccine rollout will be a success.   

Thailand was placed 4th in the world for its handling of Covid 19 and when one considers that 6 of the top 10 are island nations with no pesky land borders, that is a very credible performance indeed.

You think Thailand is doing a better job with its vaccine rollout????

Posted Images

For some reason I cannot post a reply to Moonlovers post soem 7 hours ago so here is my response :- 

 

Here here, nice to see some solid common sense and intelligence.  Sorry but for some weird reason it would not allow me to click on the Like button for your post ???????

 

I am also glad that Thailand are handling the Covid 19 pandemic so very well and are not stupidly and ignorantly being anti China either, which is corrupt Washington led regressive insantity that will only idiotically and proverbially shoot themselves in the foot.  For me the Sinovac vaccine is the top of my short best choice list as it is produced traditionally using dead or suppressed virus cell tried and tested and effective technology and thus far safer (i.e. not a rushed out experimental vaccine like the big greedy western pharma mNRA technology).  Even more importantly it is produced as a real duty of care by a well respected Chinese free at sourcce public health care service that puts peoples health and well being before greedy profits.  Maybe the west needs to grow up and learn from the Chinesse rather than moronically criticise them so totally irrationally as they do. 

 

I am in my mid 70s and a retiree happily living here in Thailand for nearly 18 years now, so patiently waiting my fair turn in the queue to have hopefully the Sinovac vaccine or else one of the only other two I would consider which are the Sputnik V or Astrazenica (Oxford) vaccines. Personally I will not touch Pfizer, Moderna, J&J, or any other vaccine from westen big greedy pharma who produce vaccines primarily for big long term profits not for any genuine care for you and I.  I simply, and I feel very rationally, do not trust them and their motives of greed.  I strongly believe worldwide that all basic essential healthcare and phrama should NEVER be in privately run big corporate hands as it is incompatible with the public interest and well being, and then the world can work closer together to improve public healthcare and the much better unnited and effective Chinese style handling of any future pandemics.  

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Surasak said:

IF our illustrious leader had anything about him as a leader, he would ensure all those in most need would be inoculated first. Instead, like all cowards he leads from the rear. The typical me first attitude of a dictator

Thailand was last in line ordering vaccines.  Well close to last, and that's how it will roll out.  

Sorry, I misquoted your comment but you get the gist.  There will be many delays - that will be certain.  And pie in the sky numbers will fly out and never materialize.

Now I do hope that I"m wrong and it all works out well!

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, George Bowman said:

I have to admit that compared to my home country of America, Thailand has done an outstanding job with the pandemic. I truly hope that the vaccine rollout will be a success. 

 

Absolutely correct! Well done Thailand and please vaccinate the poor and elderly first, after the few hundred or so anointed one's mentioned above. The sooner the better, show the world what "warp speed" looks like, while you also secure those leaky land borders. Will the vaccinated people be given a certificate, a stamp in our passports, etc, I hope so! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Captain_Bob said:

PM's vaccination postponed but no reason given for delay

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30403113?

Why is Thailand so hesitant to roll out the vaccination, they should have started the day after the vaccine arrived in Thailand, 

And Government ministers being give the vaccine before health workers,.. 

Saying It was to give to give confidence to the public,  total BS, more likely I'm OK Jack, never mind you lot.... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, John Drake said:

 

You think Thailand is doing a better job with its vaccine rollout????

Millions in America have already been vaccinated. Thailand is just beginning Sunday.  

 

Edited by habanero
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rocking Robert said:

This vaccine came out years ahead of Time millions of lives have been saved because of that thank God for President Trump

Yes. He even stated that the doctors were AMAZED at how much he knew about medical stuff.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MuayThaiGuy said:

How many people rolling up their sleeve for this have even bothered to look at the ingredient list?

People are such sheep..

Most would inject themselves with a syringe laced with raw sewage if it was recommended by someone wearing a white lab coat LOL

Sure, I always do the exact opposite of what my doctor recommends. The medical field is full of untrustworthy wingnuts.

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

Cowards... promoting vaccins are safe  but in the meantime Prayuth doesn't want to be first.. Anutin pulls back too. Why promote the vaccins ?? Buy good ones!!! 

None of the political puppets actually take the vaccine, they just pretend to as a publicity stunt. They're not that dumb.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Rocking Robert said:

This vaccine came out years ahead of Time millions of lives have been saved because of that thank God for President Trump

You mean thank God for the thousands of scientists who've dedicated their lives to fighting infectious diseases. Trump did nothing but lie and deny the severity of the virus.  You really need a better source for your news.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Moonlover said:

 

Thailand was placed 4th in the world for its handling of Covid 19 and when one considers that 6 of the top 10 are island nations with no pesky land borders, that is a very credible performance indeed.

 

Of course the country is going to lag behind the developed countries in its vaccination program. It lacks the infrastructure and experience to come up with its own vaccine so it has no choice but to rely on others. 

 

But I'm very confident that once the programme gets rolling, it will be handled as professionally and efficiently as has the irradiation programme been to date. And here of course, with so few cases, there isn't the urgency anyway. They can take their time and do it right.

 

I am currently living in rural Thailand, a place which I regard as just about the safest place to be in the world right now.

I assume that you called Donald Trump a racist for closing America's borders and then a month later criticized him for not closing them soon enough. 🤬

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

You mean thank God for the thousands of scientists who've dedicated their lives to fighting infectious diseases. Trump did nothing but lie and deny the severity of the virus.  You really need a better source for your news.

So who promoted injecting Dettol? Trump.

 

Who promoted sleeping with a UV tube up your backside? Trump.

 

Who promoted Hydroxychloroquine to reduce transmission? Trump. 

 

Man's a stable genius, biggest brain since Abraham Lincoln. How very dare the US reduce him to a one term loser?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:
20 hours ago, Moonlover said:

 

Thailand was placed 4th in the world for its handling of Covid 19 and when one considers that 6 of the top 10 are island nations with no pesky land borders, that is a very credible performance indeed.

 

Of course the country is going to lag behind the developed countries in its vaccination program. It lacks the infrastructure and experience to come up with its own vaccine so it has no choice but to rely on others. 

 

But I'm very confident that once the programme gets rolling, it will be handled as professionally and efficiently as has the irradiation programme been to date. And here of course, with so few cases, there isn't the urgency anyway. They can take their time and do it right.

 

I am currently living in rural Thailand, a place which I regard as just about the safest place to be in the world right now.

 

27 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

I assume that you called Donald Trump a racist for closing America's borders and then a month later criticized him for not closing them soon enough. 🤬

What on earth are you talking about? 

 

If you want to read any inference into my mention of 'borders' read 'Thai/Burmese' border. Clearly the most obvious one as far as we're concerned. 

 

 

Edited by Moonlover
Add paragraph
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, JohnFlory said:

 

The name is United States of America. We Americans and many other people shorten the name to America. If this is a difficult concept I will try to help you out. Let's say a man has a name like David McGee. Now, he could use the name David or McGee to refer to himself. People would most likely understand. If he were really adventurous, he might shorten the first name to Dave. To further help you out, he may even refer to himself as Mac or Mic. I know, living in Thailand, it must be hard to grasp this idea because everyone here always states their full given proper names. I do hope this helped. I was, frankly, shocked that you'd not heard of America. Do you know what the Thai word for The United States of America is?


but .... let’s just list a few Americans.......

Argentina
Bolivia
Brazil
Chile
Colombia
Ecuador
French Guiana
Guyana
Paraguay
Peru
Suriname
Uruguay
Venezuela

......... there are 55 countries in the America’s 

 

  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BobinBKK said:

I assume that you called Donald Trump a racist for closing America's borders and then a month later criticized him for not closing them soon enough. 🤬

Trump is a racist. And misogynist. That's been proven.

 

Do some research on why his closing borders was a failure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MuayThaiGuy said:

None of the political puppets actually take the vaccine, they just pretend to as a publicity stunt. They're not that dumb.

Thousands of politicians have gotten the jab. Stop posting nonsense.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MuayThaiGuy said:

It's because of cowards like you that your daughter (and the future generation in general) will never know freedom like we've experienced up until this point.

Absolutely pathetic.

Admirable stuff, typical from an anti vaxxer, you should be very proud of yourself. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2021 at 4:26 PM, sandyf said:

Shanghai Fosun Pharmaceutical Group Co., which in March made an agreement with BioNTech to develop and market the mRNA shot in China, will make an advance payment of 250 million euros ($300 million) for an initial 50 million doses. The German vaccine maker will supply no fewer than 100 million doses for China by the end of 2021, Fosun said in a statement filed with the Hong Kong Stock Exchange Wednesday.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-16/china-secures-100-million-doses-of-biontech-shot-to-boost-supply


Thank you for the complementing information - now this makes sense.

Unclear though is, why the Germans did not get the payment for vacs made in China and rather produced them in Germany ...... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Trump is a racist. And misogynist. That's been proven.

 

Do some research on why his closing borders was a failure.

Hilarious!!! 🤣 I love people like you, thank you so much 🙏

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BobinBKK said:

Hilarious!!! 🤣 I love people like you, thank you so much 🙏

You didn't even research why his border closure was a failure. Not hilarious.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2021 at 3:34 PM, MuayThaiGuy said:

How many people rolling up their sleeve for this have even bothered to look at the ingredient list?

People are such sheep..

Most would inject themselves with a syringe laced with raw sewage if it was recommended by someone wearing a white lab coat LOL

How ridiculous, try looking up the ingredients that make up an apple, or even your own blood, some people are such sheep and others seem to have other deficiencies.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2021 at 7:11 PM, Rocking Robert said:

This vaccine came out years ahead of Time millions of lives have been saved because of that thank God for President Trump

Oh , that's right, Trump a scientist as well.  I supposed he helped China and Russia develop their vaccines as well~same timeline.  They have been working on this vaccine tech for a least a decade~initially funded by DARPA at least a decade in the making.  Funding began to rapidly develop vaccines in order to protect troops.

 

Too bad history has recorded that Trump ignored the virus, and lied about it.  It's recorded over and over.

 

Where have you been?  Have another one 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...