Self identifying as a 'Farang'

Nout

15 minutes ago, Nout said:

If you identify yourself as a 'farang' and think of yourself as a 'farang' and refer to yourself as a 'farang' are you a loser?

As i have more money and a bigger house than the average Thai this farang is a winner, sticks and stones may break my bones ,but names will never hurt me

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Nout said:

If you identify yourself as a 'farang' and think of yourself as a 'farang' and refer to yourself as a 'farang' are you a loser?

No more so than someone who refers to themself as gender fluid, they, them, their or any other of the 'self identification' labels. 

They are all ridiculous and anyone using these labels should be ashamed of themselves.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Nout said:

what a dumb question, even for this forum, which is saying something .  

• Like 2

I sometimes refer to myself as a farang or farangs as a group, never even think twice about it... If i am referred to as a farang again it bothers me not one jot.

I have been referred as and refer to myself often in far more unflattering language.

For me in business in Thailand i find being able to be self depreciating and accepting you make mistakes and readily admitting them makes Thais think better of you- its not usual for their bosses to do so.

• Like 2