From Pattaya To Bangkok After ASQ

Hi all,

After completing ASQ in Pattaya, I am considering travelling to Bangkok to reside and get an ED visa through studying the Thai language.

I'm wondering whether with the current COVID situation there would be any restrictions on me completing this travel, especially since I apparently need to register with the school and get the visa paperwork started immediately after completing the ASQ.

Would it be smarter to just ASQ in Bangkok and avoid the unnecessary travel or would I be able to travel immediately without any bureaucracy?

I should add that I won't be entering and completing ASQ until April, so of course things could change by then...

27 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

Wondering what you perceive to be the advantage/attraction of ASQ in Pattaya over Bangkok?  Price, sea-view?

Good question! The price was reasonable, and I guess my brain said that it would be nice to be away from the polluted big city and not in a high-rise for ASQ, which I would probably feel a little more uncomfortable in.

I'm still weighing up 100% whether to study in Pattaya or Bangkok. I guess that will influence my decision.

2 hours ago, Somchair said:

Good question! The price was reasonable, and I guess my brain said that it would be nice to be away from the polluted big city and not in a high-rise for ASQ, which I would probably feel a little more uncomfortable in.

I'm still weighing up 100% whether to study in Pattaya or Bangkok. I guess that will influence my decision.

Amazing. Sounds like you have never been in Thailand. Very naive post.

3 hours ago, Upnotover said:

Wondering what you perceive to be the advantage/attraction of ASQ in Pattaya over Bangkok?  Price, sea-view?

I too am considering an ASQ in Pattaya over Bangkok - the reason being is that there is Sea Two Pool Villa which I’m interested in... 

Only a little bit over my budget, I’m wondering if my own small pool is worth additional 10,000 baht... 

Also wondering if the internet and food will be ok or worse given the location etc... 

23 hours ago, DrJack54 said:
23 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I too am considering an ASQ in Pattaya over Bangkok

I'm confused. Did you not complete ASQ quarantine recently?

Depends on your definition of recently and in which country... 

My last Thailand quarantine was in July, the next will be in April. 

Archived