Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Doctor recommendation for Tinnitus


Recommended Posts

Hello, 

I got tinnitus for quiet some time now and always have recurring problems with my ears. 

 

Anyone can recommend a doctor in Bangkok who is specialized in Tinnitus? 

 

Thanks in advance. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no cure for it, once you damage those hairs they don't regrow. You just get used it.  White noise generator will help.

 

I get it from mold allergies.  You might try Xylitol in water and ear drops which probably won't work if is from hearing damage.

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CanNot said:

Hello, 

I got tinnitus for quiet some time now and always have recurring problems with my ears. 

 

Anyone can recommend a doctor in Bangkok who is specialized in Tinnitus? 

 

Thanks in advance. 

From my personal experience - don't waste any money. There is no cure. Try to live with it. I have luck and it doesn't disturb me much even if it is sometimes very noisy. I have always to think something and so no time to focus on it. Some days I don't have it and I realise by accident that it is not there. No doctor ever could explain to me why it is not there sometimes. How could they ever explain to me why I have it at all. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Oldie said:

How could they ever explain to me why I have it at all. 

What is the main cause of tinnitus?
Prolonged exposure to loud sounds is the most common cause of tinnitus. Up to 90% of people with tinnitus have some level of noise-induced hearing loss. The noise causes permanent damage to the sound-sensitive cells of the cochlea, a spiral-shaped organ in the inner ear.
 
When you go to the doctor complaining of tinnitus the first thing they will do is order a hearing test.
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Don Chance said:
What is the main cause of tinnitus?
Prolonged exposure to loud sounds is the most common cause of tinnitus. Up to 90% of people with tinnitus have some level of noise-induced hearing loss. The noise causes permanent damage to the sound-sensitive cells of the cochlea, a spiral-shaped organ in the inner ear.
 
When you go to the doctor complaining of tinnitus the first thing they will do is order a hearing test.

I think mine was caused by a viral infection - had a major headache for 24 hours. Hard to get relief. It has subsided the next day. I was in the bathroom and all of a sudden it started. Still have it about 15 years later. Most of the time it doesn't bother me. 

I find that this sound therapy will make it subside temporarily. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKo4jYDO9FQ&ab_channel=GoodVibes-BinauralBeats

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Don Chance said:
What is the main cause of tinnitus?
Prolonged exposure to loud sounds is the most common cause of tinnitus. Up to 90% of people with tinnitus have some level of noise-induced hearing loss. The noise causes permanent damage to the sound-sensitive cells of the cochlea, a spiral-shaped organ in the inner ear.
 
When you go to the doctor complaining of tinnitus the first thing they will do is order a hearing test.

I did the hearing test and all frequencies (according to my age) were okay. The reason for mine is not too much noise. There could be many reasons - nerves, blood vessels or whatever. Nobody knows for sure or he is lying... 

 

I got used to it and if it is not there sometimes I somehow miss it because it is so quiet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Don Chance said:

There is no cure for it, once you damage those hairs they don't regrow. You just get used it.  White noise generator will help.

 

I get it from mold allergies.  You might try Xylitol in water and ear drops which probably won't work if is from hearing damage.

That’s interesting to hear that mold allergies can cause it.  
 

Before my father passed away, I was helping to care for him in a 90 year old apartment building where something was giving me sinus issues which led to 2 unsuccessful sinus surgeries (the latter which left me with empty nose syndrome).  Later on, I would spend 2 months in Thailand and 2 months back in Los Angeles.  My sinuses would clear after about a month upon returning to Bangkok and then would be blocked again after being back in L.A. for a week.  I always suspected that it was a mold issue in the building.  So...anyhow....I also had horrible tinnitus at the time.  Bought the white noise machine and everything.  I was constantly searching the Internet far and wide hoping to find a “cure” (no luck).  My tinnitus was screaming loud.  Now that I have been in Bangkok for almost a year and a half, the tinnitus has pretty much faded away by about 90%.  I never made the mold/tinnitus connection until you mentioned it...so...I’d like to say thanks!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

When I was battling tinnitus, this was one study that I had come across.  Never heard anything afterwards regarding follow up.  I tried it myself...seemed to help a bit...don’t know if it was placebo affect or not but I might as well share what I came across.

 

https://consumer.healthday.com/hearing-information-19/tinnitus-health-news-661/the-love-hormone-may-quiet-tinnitus-715128.html

Link to post
Share on other sites

TCM cured mine. Along with life style and dietary adjustments for building general health and wellness. 

 

The TCM clinic at Saint Louis Hospital is good. 

 

5846207e36e7e44385000000 medium
 M.D. Narong 
Department: Traditional Chinese Medicine Clinic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, drtreelove said:

TCM cured mine. Along with life style and dietary adjustments for building general health and wellness. 

 

The TCM clinic at Saint Louis Hospital is good. 

 

5846207e36e7e44385000000 medium
 M.D. Narong 
Department: Traditional Chinese Medicine Clinic

Wow, how interesting. I've had a long interest in TCM, mainly through the practice of Qigong. I've had tinnitus for many years and at first I didn't even recognize it for what it was.

 

But since I have acknowledged it, I've found that my twice daily Qigong practice greatly reduces the affect of tinnitus, almost to the degree that I hardly notice it.

 

And if it does return to my awareness, as it has just now because this thread has reminded me of it, I perform a simple neck rolling exercise that will send it into the background again. But it must be done with awareness akin to mindfulness.

 

So it's possible that mindfulness meditation may also help.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...