At what speed limit do the speed cameras catch you on the Superhighway?

leonardjones625

I can say that I have had my fair share of tickets over these past couple of years. I lowest one was for doing 101 kmh in a 90 kmh zone. Generally speaking I think most are given when one is doing 120 kmh and above but I have also been given one for doing 109 kmh.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, leonardjones625 said:

I recently got a ticket for 130+ kmh in a 90 around where the Superhighway meets the 1141.

But I'm pretty sure I've gone fast on there with no ticket.

Does anyone know at what speed the camera issues tickets?

No irrelevant answers if possible.

Good question.  I've gotten a ticket going 122 kph, so as someone said, 120 might be the cutoff.  But who knows for sure?  Of a big concern also are the cameras at intersections that might catch one going through a yellow/red light.  I've had a few friends get nailed for just following others through a yellow light, even in heavy traffic. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Perhaps the speed limit where the camera kicks is deliberately confidential.

It's been mentioned before that the total numbers of 'camera' tickets issued for speeding and for going through red lights is utterly enormous, so maybe the cameras now work on a random pattern to cut the number of tickets down a bit?

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, ThaIrish Sean said:

Why don't you stick to the speed limits and save lives???

Agreed.  How about not putting peoples lives at risk with your irresponsible driving habits.  Whatever your fine was, it wasn't enough.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

Driving around CM on the super & ringroads, there is no point in speeding.  Save a few seconds on your journey?

Yep.  Good for you.  Your the first person to get to the next stop light.  Congratulations.  Putting peoples lives at risk for freaking nothing.  Drive in the right lane flow of traffic without being an accident waiting for a place to happen. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Solinvictus said:
13 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

Speed doesn't necessarily kill however I am betting that stupidity causes more accidents.

Your right as it's the momentum.

I always thought it was the rapid deceleration...

• Haha 2

On 2/28/2021 at 1:24 PM, Meat Pie 47 said:

I guess you should drive in OZ where the speed limit in build up areas (towns,cities) is 60kmh

you do 62 you will get a ticket.

the main reason I left Oz was speed cameras used to raise revenue dishonestly

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Just today, nephew got a highway ticket.

112 where 90 is allowed.

500 Baht.

(car still registered/ticket addressed to mom who has left Thailand about 15 years ago :biggrin:)

Good luck collecting that fine ????

My wife got a ticket. Said whe was doing 130kph in a 120kph road which was thrown out later when the police realised the speed trap was reading 40kph with no vehicles being measured.

But to answer your question, probably within 5kph if it is a brnd new installation. For older instllations, considering the lack of maintenance that takes place, could be anything

9 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

Anyone use a radar detector?

I use "radarbot" app on my pickup's android screen on long distance drives.  Warns you of fixed speed traps (probably a few are just traffic cameras) so can slow down.  Tend to keep below 110 anyway.