Thai PM postpones vaccine jab indefinitely due to technical problem

rooster59

20 minutes ago, WHansen said:

Please read the article.......

I read the article and the link. It says that the vaccine shipment had a certificate of use applicable 

to South Korea and not Thailand. You cannot just tippex out one country and replace with another.

Me you or anyone else on this forum could not say for sure how this happened. Perhaps Thailand 

bought some excess stock from Korea, maybe the Koreans exported the wrong batch.

Whatever happened, no government would inject its population with a vaccine which wasn't 

certified for use in their country, and I doubt you would volunteer to take an uncertified vaccine.

Edited by shy coconut
Correction
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, mlmcleod said:

I suspect that AZ was trapped by customs!  A minor misspelling of the name can cause the shipment to be rejected!!

The vaccine was certified for Korea, not Thailand, do the research!

52 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Many of the richer Nations pledged a couple of Days ago, to extend the amount of Money they are giving to the Covax Scheme.

Thailand is way behind the curve on vaccine rollout for their Population

Placing all their hope and trust into one Vaccine option seems to have backfired big time 

I thought they had plans to make the AZ vaccine in Thailand and also use the sinovax version.

That's 2 options there straightaway.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I certainly want the vaccine but they all need specific storage and transport requirements.

At this point I do not trust how any of this will be handled here.

Yes, I can imagine.

Unless it has gone off, turned green, grown 7 legs and is snarling at you, they'll inject it into your arm anyway!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, sambum said:

So surely this is not a technical  problem, but an administrative one?  If they can't even diagnose a problem correctly, what chance have they got of solving it?

They are thick and are arrogant so assume everyone else is as thick as they are mate. 

For me, there has been another issue we don't know about and this is the cover up excuse. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, shy coconut said:

I read the article and the link. It says that the vaccine shipment had a certificate of use applicable 

to South Korea and not Thailand. You cannot just tippex out one country and replace with another.

Me you or anyone else on this forum could not say for sure how this happened. Perhaps Thailand 

bought some excess stock from Korea, maybe the Koreans exported the wrong batch.

Whatever happened, no government would inject its population with a vaccine which wasn't 

certified for use in their country, and I doubt you would volunteer to take an uncertified vaccine.

That must be why the condoms here don't work for me.

So small they burst when I put them on.

Made for and in Thailand

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Could have "manned up" and gone ahead with the Sinovac vaccine  jab that had  the accompanying letter saying "Nihao from Xi"

But the PM only wants AstraVeneca [wonder why]

In the article it said that the sinovac wasn't suitable for the over 60's , although I thought that 

was what the French and Germans were saying about the AZ version.

It is all very confusing and I will be the first to admit that I'm not an expert epidemiologist.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There is far more to the repeated delays and excuses about this particular vaccine than we are told. Didn't we read here about a month ago that AZ were reconsidering sending the vaccine to Thailand because a protester had been arrested for questioning why a company involved with a certain person had been given exclusive rights to it?

Meanwhile, this is rather like those messages we get on websites that say 'This video is not available in your region'.

• Like 1