Thai PM postpones vaccine jab indefinitely due to technical problem

rooster59

1 hour ago, shy coconut said:

Please elaborate.

Supposedly it was due to lack of proper paperwork that the vaccine was accompanied by, according to an article posted on Thaivisa earlier. An efficient and competent health minister would likely have had all of that sorted out long in advance, considering the importance of this to the economy and tourism. Yet? 

According to Khaosod English, the vaccine shipment was sent to Thailand last Wednesday from South Korea, but was missing the additional required paperwork.

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/pm-prayut-postponing-covid‐19-vaccination-citing-paperwork-issues

17 minutes ago, DLock said:

Does the vaccine vary by country?

Are Thai people different to Korean people?

Should be "certified for human use", not by country.

I don't take things at face value and believe them and consider that "research".

I doubt it arrived.

You are not very well informed. The vaccine arrived with limited fanfare at Suwanabhumi airport. Certification varies from country to country! Thai's eat somtam, Koreans eat kimchi!

images (1)x.jpeg

Edited by PatOngo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, PatOngo said:

You are not very well informed. The vaccine arrived with limited fanfare at Suwanabhumi airport. Certification varies from country to country! Thai's eat somtam, Koreans eat kimchi!

images (1)x.jpeg

So you are saying this is the Astra Zeneca vaccine arriving at the airport?

And you are saying that the vaccine varies by country, and a vaccine produced of use in Korea is not fit for use in Thailand people?

Are you saying that Thailand could not have foreseen this issue?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, DLock said:

So you are saying this is the Astra Zeneca vaccine arriving at the airport?

And you are saying that the vaccine varies by country, and a vaccine produced of use in Korea is not fit for use in Thailand people?

Are you saying that Thailand could not have foreseen this issue?

Read for yourself!

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-pm-postpones-vaccine-jab-indefinitely-due-to-technical-problem/

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

but was missing the additional required paperwork.

Required by whom, The Thais?   The paperwork must have been up to date for Korea.  Are the Thais so arrogant, or stupid, or both,  that their requirements are in excess of those of South Korea's? 

Edited by Pilotman
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, jollyhangmon said:

...:clap2:... yo AZ, who hasn't been there already?!

Now, also throw in various passport copies and perhaps of your last dozen TM 30s as well, will spare you looking for a copy shop in a haste later, trust me!

And don't forget the committee that has to talk about approving the certificate 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, edwinchester said:

...and the Thai vaccine farce continues.

If they'd had the foresight to be part of Covax then they would already be administering hundreds of thousands of shots.

There is an old saying in medicine that “the cure may be worse than the disease.” The phrase can be applied to vaccines. In the current paper the concern is raised that the RNA based COVID vaccines have the potential to cause more disease than the epidemic of COVID-19.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Has your Thai wife/GF ever pulled the plug on the fridge when you're not home? To save electricity?

Yes. And also never flush the tissue down the toilet but rather toss in the bin... 

The mysteries of Thailand 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Postponed indefinitely ....that creates a lot of confidence for the Thai population,

how long would it take them to get the proper letter of certification from AstraZeneca,

never it seems....will they dump the 117,600 doses 

regards Worgeordie

AstraZeneca will provide the certificate once Thailand buys from them direct !!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Supposedly it was due to lack of proper paperwork that the vaccine was accompanied by, according to an article posted on Thaivisa earlier. An efficient and competent health minister would likely have had all of that sorted out long in advance, considering the importance of this to the economy and tourism. Yet? 

According to Khaosod English, the vaccine shipment was sent to Thailand last Wednesday from South Korea, but was missing the additional required paperwork.

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/pm-prayut-postponing-covid‐19-vaccination-citing-paperwork-issues

Without any additional information, how do you determine that this documentation issue was down 

to incompetence or inefficiency? There are 2 parties involved here and surely Korea has to supply 

the correct documentation with the consignment, and this issue would not come to light until 

the goods arrive in the country.

I know I won't be winning any POTY prizes with my stance, but quite frankly darling etc etc.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, PatOngo said:

So what happened to the Chinese Sinovac moonshine?

They wroe

As for the 200,000 doses of the Chinese-made Sinovac vaccine, he explained that it is not suitable for people over 60, including the prime minister.

I am currently in the UK temporarily throughout the pandemic with half my family in Thailand and half with me in the UK due to Covid restrictions. Incidently 15 years living in Thailand to save anyone commenting. Due to my age, I have had the Oxford vaccine 5 weeks ago with zero side effects not even a mark where the needle went in. Forget the politics just respect your own health life and that of the people around you. 

• Like 1

The Astra Zeneca was first sent to Korea but forwarded to Thailand. So it is second hand, as far as Thai authorities are concerned.  No mention of where it was manufactured.  India maybe?  The Thai FDA only approved the AZ made in Europe where it is made by several different European licensees.  It would be safer to approve them one by one, rather than assume all European manufacturers are safe, whether tested or not, but Indian production, which they turned down, is not.

I would assume some South Korean high ups found out that 117,600  doses destined for them are actually going to Thailand. I think there is probably some brown envelope stuff going on here that was found out.

No country in their right mind who is desperate for vaccines as everyone else is, would out of the kindness of their heart, ship 117,600  doses that had been designated to vaccinate their own citizens to another country. Was it ever shipped?.. That's a good question. If it was then it's possible that there are 117,600  rich Thai's who are now about to benefit. What possible documentation issue would prevent it's use? If it's in Thailand, made by AstraZeneca and certified for use in South Korea it's good to go. So something else is going on here.

I wouldn't call this a technical error. Unless paying a bung and not getting what you paid for can be classified as 'technical'.

Edited by Muzzique
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, jollyhangmon said:

...:clap2:... yo AZ, who hasn't been there already?!

Now, also throw in various passport copies and perhaps of your last dozen TM 30s as well, will spare you looking forare a copy shop in a haste later, trust me!

Just make sure the copies are from the  Left not the right and down stair not the shop upstairs 

LM<deleted>AO till I <deleted>.  Oh, the luxury of having a product everyone wants and the ability to tell a customer to travel to a far off place, make love and never come back till they are literally the last prospect on earth and make them beg for what I'm flogging.

This just confirms what you're dealing with...... Any normal bloke would of just picked the blower up, got onto AZ and asked them to email or fax the details of confirmation over then all's well...... But oh no, not this bunch........  Probably had their little bottys spanked from Uncle XI....... Naughty, naughty.......  How on earth can people possibly plan on living in this country full time ?    " I used to be indecisive but now i'm not sure"...... Should be Uncle Tuu's new motto...... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, shy coconut said:

I read the article and the link. It says that the vaccine shipment had a certificate of use applicable 

to South Korea and not Thailand. You cannot just tippex out one country and replace with another.

Me you or anyone else on this forum could not say for sure how this happened. Perhaps Thailand 

bought some excess stock from Korea, maybe the Koreans exported the wrong batch.

Whatever happened, no government would inject its population with a vaccine which wasn't 

certified for use in their country, and I doubt you would volunteer to take an uncertified vaccine.

If it were the AZ vaccine of course I would. If it is good enough for S Korea and quite a few other countries that would be good enough for me.

It is just Thai beaurocracy sticking their self important oar in the way.

Edited by billd766
Bad spelling
  • Like 2