Thai PM postpones vaccine jab indefinitely due to technical problem

rooster59

Imagine that. 

Wait a minute....  this may be a truth serum,  I would be compelled to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. 

So, the vaccine will be destroyed, as the South Korean vaccine can only be received by South Korean DNA only.....

Brilliant

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Arkady said:

The Astra Zeneca was first sent to Korea but forwarded to Thailand. So it is second hand, as far as Thai authorities are concerned.  No mention of where it was manufactured.  India maybe?  The Thai FDA only approved the AZ made in Europe where it is made by several different European licensees.  It would be safer to approve them one by one, rather than assume all European manufacturers are safe, whether tested or not, but Indian production, which they turned down, is not.

It should be easy enough to track where and when it was made by following the batch numbers.

13 minutes ago, Thomas Hannah said:

117.000 of the british vacine.all going to those in certain positions at the top in thailand.And the rest of thai.s most proberbly getting the chinese one.Are you thinking what im thinking.

If you're thinking "Holy .hit, as far as the public's concerned that's some proper cornholery ..." then yes, I'm thinking what you're thinking ...

I have another theory. I believe Vietnam has already received 117,000 doses of AZ from Korea under the Covax program. Philippines has now been cleared to receive the same amount under Covax after they passed a law protecting AZ from any lawsuits arising from injections of their vaccine. Could it be that Thailand secretly joined Covax ?  For me it is too coincidental that other countries in the area are receiving the same quantity of AZ under the Covax program 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Never mind.

Quite rite .

The Old Bald. and Ugly farlang brigade

Aint really that bovered .

The only , in life thats worth  living for , is our Pensions ...

Lady younger , like too much ..  Never mind ..

Enjoy . 555

A post containing content that was copy and pasted from Bangkok Post has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

4 hours ago, VBF said:

And your problem with it is?

Think of it as the situation in an aircraft when masks are deployed.

Standing instruction is to put your mask on first, then assist others.

I have no doubt that when UK, US et al have vaccinated our own people, we will be helping others, some of whom need help, but some of whom haven't bothered to plan...mentioning no names!

Just anything in life..it takes time. however when you are dealing with the "poor" vaccines, it has roughly a 60-70% efficient.. Copy vaccines  or generic will tend to be in the range of 50-60% (50% is the WHO guidelines).

That means people in Thailand can get COvid19 even though a person was vaccinated.

the other main question " how do you vaccinate people over 50yrs old?" which vaccine you need to have.

With all US effort..to vaccinate 300million people , it will take a good 6 month or more.

the main key is that nobody know how long the vaccine will last.. my predication that it will take another booster shot next winter.

Thailand vaccination plan is down the  drain. all fluff in the air. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the green light said:

may be this news is scaring thailand"

"German Chancellor Angela Merkel has said she won't take AstraZeneca's COVID-19 vaccine because she is too old, a comment that comes as millions of Germans refuse to take the vaccine because they do not trust it"

surprising that thailand is not buying Moderna or pfizer an resell it in thailand.

many other countries did it.  but they think that they can make a good reliable AZ vaccines to make the King's company rich. that is what they are only.concerned.

I wonder why the AZ vaccine is spectacularly effective in old people in the UK but suddenly becomes ineffective elsewhere?

Someone's telling porkies, and looking at the falling death rates in Blighty I don't think it's the Brits.

Real world data on millions not good enough then?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9307729/Oxford-vaccine-effective-Pfizer-jab-new-figures-show.html

AZ is actually outperforming Pfizer in the over 75's.

Edited by mommysboy
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, DLock said:

...if there ever was any Astra Zeneca vaccines.

Only the Sinovac got a hero's welcome.

Only the Sinovac has been seen unloading from aircraft.

AZ vaccine turned up completely by surprise after the 50,000 from Italy got caught up in a Euro delivery issue.

There was never any mention of an AZ from Korea.

Perhaps the reason it is "indefinitely postponed" is that it never actually arrived.

Yep, this is a china issue. Pathetic.

9 hours ago, Superlight said:

There is an old saying in medicine that “the cure may be worse than the disease.” The phrase can be applied to vaccines. In the current paper the concern is raised that the RNA based COVID vaccines have the potential to cause more disease than the epidemic of COVID-19.

5 hours ago, mommysboy said:

I wonder why the AZ vaccine is spectacularly effective in old people in the UK but suddenly becomes ineffective elsewhere?

Someone's telling porkies, and looking at the falling death rates in Blighty I don't think it's the Brits.

Real world data on millions not good enough then?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9307729/Oxford-vaccine-effective-Pfizer-jab-new-figures-show.html

AZ is actually outperforming Pfizer in the over 75's.

Which of these will the anti vaxers relish spreading the most? Real world data or a totally unproven possibility which gets portrayed as a fact? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sumarianson said:

Thailand does not know how lucky they are!! God must be watching over it!

Yep, the same pretend god that watches millions die of covid throughout the world. Why does anyone pray to any god that is either cruel or incompetent? 

• Like 1

How is it that the most powerful man in Thailand is wearing a relatively un-protective, cheap, paper medical/surgical mask (refer to OP's image) that will not protect him from the runaway air pollution's PM2.5 particles (or smaller) nor from virions and bacteria. One would think he could afford at least an N95 personal protection mask. Maybe he's trying to appeal to the masses by wearing the same type of relatively un-protective mask that most of them are wearing?

Edited by MaxYakov