AstraZeneca vaccine will be ready for use in mid-March

rooster59

AstraZeneca vaccine will be ready for use in mid-March

6302C092-DA56-4605-B8FB-6A3CF3FA911D.jpeg

The first batch of 117,600 doses of AstraZeneca vaccine, which have already arrived in Thailand from South Korea, will have to go through a quality control reconfirmation process before they can be used, tentatively in the middle of March, according to the AstraZeneca pharmaceutical company.

Officials of the company and the Thai Public Health Ministry have been working together to speed up the reconfirmation process, to make sure that the 117,600 doses of vaccine are up to the highest standard and can be administered as quickly as possible.

According to the company, the AstraZeneca vaccine has gone through quality control tests 60 times, from production through to actual vaccinations, and has been approved for use in more than 50 countries.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/astrazeneca-vaccine-will-be-ready-for-use-in-mid-march/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2021-02-28

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just thinking out loud: with vaccines being in short supply, shouldn't they first test proposed recipients to see if the person already has antibodies - and only give the vax to those not presently having antibodies? (assuming antibody tests are not in short supply)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PatOngo said:
1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

No that's not the reason. Sinovac has only been approved for those between 18 and 59 years. The PM is 66.

1 hour ago, PatOngo said:

So that would mean none of the political dinosaurs will not be subject to the moonshine?

Don't speak too soon. It hasn't been cleared for the 60 plus group-------YET!

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The first batch of 117,600 doses of AstraZeneca vaccine, which have already arrived in Thailand from South Korea, will have to go through a quality control reconfirmation process before they can be used, tentatively in the middle of March, according to the AstraZeneca pharmaceutical company.

And yet the Chinese gear that only turned up a few days ago is being bigged up as already OK'd and ready to roll according to another thread on the vacc' subject ..

how can this be or would they be the words of a cynic .. 

• Like 1

As time passes my confidence in Astra Zeneca decreases. Their initial testing procedures were less than well organised, their production capabilities have been a shambles in Europe, the efficacy of their vaccine is not well substantiated in some categories, it is not effective against at least one of the emerging list of variants and now their paperwork is suspect. Astra Zeneca is traditionally not a vaccine company and Thailand has bet the shop on them along with Siam Bioscience which also has no experience in vaccines. This seems to be a high risk scenario which could easily become a nightmare so I am now of a mind to not have this vaccine if it is made available at my private hospital. It will be interesting to see what options I actually have!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Moonlover said:

No that's not the reason. Sinovac has only been approved for those between 18 and 59 years. The PM is 66.

Anutin can have the Chinese Wuhan virus vaccine supplied from China. But he won’t he will get the dirty farrang vaccine.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, ftpjtm said:

Indonesia approved Sinovac for persons up to age 70.

Coincidence that those in charge exempted most of themselves from taking Sinovac?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-02-07/indonesia-approves-china-s-sinovac-vaccine-for-use-on-elderly

I would not take it. Not when there are vaccines with efficacy of up to 95% out there. Why subject yourself to the China junk? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I would not take it. Not when there are vaccines with efficacy of up to 95% out there. Why subject yourself to the China junk? 

Anutin was supposed to have been injected with that rubbish today, shame, looks like he ducked out of it.

• Sad 1

Is there any danger in taking more than one vaccine? If Sinovac were my only choice it seems better than nothing. Then when I return to the USA later I could get a Moderna or Pfizer vaccine... assuming there is no problem having more than one. 

Why both? Well Sinovac seems better than nothing but the other 2 offer near complete protection.

10 hours ago, internationalism said:

that is very strange timeline.

sinovac arrived on the very same day, wednesday, and was approved on saturday. Now already rolling to hospitals.

originally they planned to start vax on thursday.

the previous set date was for valentine day.

looks, like they are in habit of delaying every step.

that is, certainly, blame on health minister, who can't organise a vax program on such small scale.

one can wonder how are they going to organise 10mln per month within near future.

also what is the real motive for some 20 day delay. I don't buy their official story that paperwork was missing. That is not the trail how large international company, like astrazeneca, operates. 

Not really strange.

They are delaying until the home made vaccine is available.

That way, it is an income stream instead of a cost.

11 hours ago, rooster59 said:

According to the company, the AstraZeneca vaccine has gone through quality control tests 60 times, from production through to actual vaccinations, and has been approved for use in more than 50 countries.

Ah, but it's not the same version as Thailand are going to produce, (to the same Spec, etc.) therefore it may not be as good unless they can get samples to check against the original.

8 hours ago, brommers said:

As time passes my confidence in Astra Zeneca decreases. Their initial testing procedures were less than well organised, their production capabilities have been a shambles in Europe, the efficacy of their vaccine is not well substantiated in some categories, it is not effective against at least one of the emerging list of variants and now their paperwork is suspect. Astra Zeneca is traditionally not a vaccine company and Thailand has bet the shop on them along with Siam Bioscience which also has no experience in vaccines. This seems to be a high risk scenario which could easily become a nightmare so I am now of a mind to not have this vaccine if it is made available at my private hospital. It will be interesting to see what options I actually have!

Sinovac will be available.

But the AZ vaccine is spectacularly successful in the UK.  Still, it's a free world. Believe what you will!