Thailand reports 70 new COVID-19 infections

rooster59

Thailand reports 70 new COVID-19 infections

download (2).jpg

Thailand reported 70 new coronavirus cases on Sunday.

As has been consistent with cases during the new wave of infections in the country, most were discovered during testing of migrant workers at quarantine facilities and hospitals in Samut Sakhon.

Of the new cases, 62 were local transmissions, while 8 were imported from people entering quarantine.

106 people were discharged from hospital having made a full recovery, which is significant as there are now less one thousand people being treated for COVID-19 in Thailand. 

740 people remain in hospital or held in a migrant worker quarantine centre.

Sunday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 25,951, with 83 deaths. 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-02-28

Only 62 local infection? Wow, that's terrific.

Once it falls below 50 cases per day, then nobody in Thailand need to be forced into vaccination if they don't want to.

Thailand is safe as long as it closes its borders.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

If you want greater details, rather than complaining here , you should watch the daily (worjkng days only) CCSA briefings

1. Wasn't complaining...it was an observation.

2. Watched still none the wiser as to how many were actually tested.

It's almost 100% hospital presentations. Please don't say where did you get this info from. Certainly not here. The virus is still circulating and testing outside of patient presentations seems to have virtually ceased. Once again Thailand must lie about how well it's doing. Back to the old dont test dont tell. Same as round 1 which as has been said before they admitted to. Needless to say asympomatic and presymtomatic are not going to hospitals to get tested.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Once it falls below 50 cases per day, then nobody in Thailand need to be forced into vaccination if they don't want to.

Great, thanks for the support for all of us separated from our families and proposing making it longer by not vaccinating the Thai public ! What do you want 50ft walls around the place and barbed wire to keep the infected foreigners out ? Think that movie was Land Of The Dead

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

Doubt it will. People will still go to hospitals. Testing the population might stop to reduce numbers but people will still get sick with this virus. It is still circulating evidenced by hospital presentations.

Edited by dinsdale

1 hour ago, mr mr said:

i find this part very hard to believe. 

Why?  These figures have been reported daily for some time now and there's nearly always some cases found in SQ and/or ASQ.  Some ASQ reports of the  subsequent hospitalisation can be found online.

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

most were discovered during testing of migrant workers at quarantine facilities

Sounds like the migrant workers quarantine facilities are a literal breeding ground for Covid.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, connda said:

Sounds like the migrant workers quarantine facilities are a literal breeding ground for Covid.

My thinking is that if testing is still happening on these for all intensive purposes jailed migrant workers it is not being reported or no testing is happening. Hospital presentations can obviously not come from the exploited, caged foreign workers.Thai people are going to hospital. 

Edited by dinsdale

18 minutes ago, treetops said:

Why?  These figures have been reported daily for some time now and there's nearly always some cases found in SQ and/or ASQ.  Some ASQ reports of the  subsequent hospitalisation can be found online.

tit.

35 minutes ago, connda said:
3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

most were discovered during testing of migrant workers at quarantine facilities

I cant find rooster59 saying this to quote but most were hospital presentations. 39 out of 49.

2 hours ago, EricTh said:

No one as far as I know is going to be 'forced into vaccination'. It is entirely voluntary for Thais and, also for us of course. But do we really want to live in a country forever cut off from the rest of the world? 

But yes, it is indeed great news about the falling number of cases and what I've been expecting to see. Thailand really has got a firm grip on the this virus once again and we'll be be seeing zero again before too long.

Stay safe. 

22 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

No one as far as I know is going to be 'forced into vaccination'. It is entirely voluntary for Thais and, also for us of course.

Anutin, the Thai minister of Health, was quoted as stating that 'Nobody would be Left Behind' and clarified that those that could spread the Virus (the 'dirty farang' spring to mind), must be vaccinated (yes he used the word 'must' not 'could'). 

I sincerely hope that it is once again his usual bravado speaking here. 

But I am not 100% sure that it is Only Baloney because of course it would be easy to make vaccination mandatory as a condition when applying for your extension of stay, and it could be a nice money-maker too as nobody believes that such mandatory vaccine would be provided for free.  I would actually bet money that the thought has been considered already, as it would be a double Winner for the Thai government. 

27 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Anutin, the Thai minister of Health, was quoted as stating that 'Nobody would be Left Behind' and clarified that those that could spread the Virus (the 'dirty farang' spring to mind), must be vaccinated (yes he used the word 'must' not 'could'). 

I sincerely hope that it is once again his usual bravado speaking here. 

But I am not 100% sure that it is Only Baloney because of course it would be easy to make vaccination mandatory as a condition when applying for your extension of stay, and it could be a nice money-maker too as nobody believes that such mandatory vaccine would be provided for free.  I would actually bet money that the thought has been considered already, as it would be a double Winner for the Thai government. 

I wouldn't know where to go searching now, but I do recall this statement by Anutin and I'm pretty sure that he was referring to the Burmese migrants at the time. It was even mentioned that the Thai employers should contribute toward the cost.

As for us, well we'll just have to wait and see won't we?

7 hours ago, EricTh said:

I’m sorry but that reply stinks of the, “I’m alright Jack, <deleted> everyone else” attitude and will help no one but the selfish! Just because you may be ok and financially secure, it doesn’t mean everyone else is? 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Trip Hop said:

I’m sorry but that reply stinks of the, “I’m alright Jack, <deleted> everyone else” attitude and will help no one but the selfish! Just because you may be ok and financially secure, it doesn’t mean everyone else is? 

I believe that quote you were responding to was just dripping with sarcasm.  I may be wrong but that is how I read his comment, just loaded with sarcasm.

11 hours ago, Sheryl said:

If you want greater details, rather than complaining here , you should watch the daily (worjkng days only) CCSA briefings

Unless my ears are deceiving me, he doesn’t mention how many were tested. 

5 hours ago, bermondburi said:

Of course. And only 83 people have died the whole time. 

Although this graph would suggest otherwise. 

Screenshot_20210227_012131_com.android.chrome.jpg

Get out of here with your data, if Thailand says it’s 83 people, it’s 83 people. ????

5 hours ago, bermondburi said:

Of course. And only 83 people have died the whole time. 

Although this graph would suggest otherwise. 

Screenshot_20210227_012131_com.android.chrome.jpg

So is that suggesting Thailand suffered 12 % more excess deaths last year than normal ?

That's quite frightening. 

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I believe that quote you were responding to was just dripping with sarcasm.  I may be wrong but that is how I read his comment, just loaded with sarcasm.

If it wasn’t for the comment about nobody needing to be forcibly vaccinated, then I might agree with you? However, this gave the distinct impression that the poster wasn’t happy with the possibility of being forced to get vaccinated if they wanted to renew their visa and remain in Thailand? Furthermore that they were happy for everyone else to suffer as long as they could continue their life in their own little bubble?  I could be wrong though?

• Sad 1