APC UPS Repair in Phuket

JetsetBkk

I have a large APC UPS which gives the F06 error when started. This means one of the relays has fused.

It cost 12,900 baht in July 2015 and went faulty in May 2017.

I have 4 others, same model, all working OK.

I thought it was about time I got it fixed.

Anyone know where in Phuket there is an APC service centre where I could get it repaired?

I wonder if they still have parts of a model that old. I also use an APC unit 2 actually also expensive like yours. I am not sure if i would expect them to have parts 7 years from now. 

On the other hand APC is a quality product and you pay extra so you could expect some service. I hope that you find a service center. 

https://www.apc.com/th/en/support/index.jsp

15 minutes ago, robblok said:

I wonder if they still have parts of a model that old. I also use an APC unit 2 actually also expensive like yours. I am not sure if i would expect them to have parts 7 years from now. 

On the other hand APC is a quality product and you pay extra so you could expect some service. I hope that you find a service center. 

https://www.apc.com/th/en/support/index.jsp

I forgot we're in 2021 already! But Advice in Phangnga Road still sell them:

https://www.advice.co.th/branch-u057/index.php/product/productdetail/A0051958 

and I'm sure the part that has failed is just a simple relay on a circuit board.

Actually I was wrong with one of those dates. I bought it in July 2015 and replaced it in May 2019, so that's when it must have shown the error F06. New batteries went in in May 2017. Others I bought in June 2014, October 2016 and December 2017 are all working fine.

There are quite a few videos on Youtube about the error and I thought I'd do it myself when I had some spare time, but never got around to it. Most of the videos are in Russian or some other language and not very helpful.

My best bet is probably to take it to Advice and get a quote. I still might take it apart myself and see if I can find replacement relays, but if the quote from Advice is cheap enough, I'll let them do it. Hopefully they can do it locally and not send it to Bangkok where it came from. Maybe they can recommend a local service place.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kopitiam said:

What about trying those shops in the basement of Big C on the Bypass Road?

Not sure I trust them, although one did "repair" my phone many years ago when I went into a river with it on my belt.

23 minutes ago, Mai mee said:

I have used the Amorn electronics shop in the BigC basement

Ah, yes. I'd forgotten about them. I was thinking of all the small phone seller/fixer booths down there. OK, I'll go to Advice first and, depending on the result, will ask at Amorn.