Thailand starts COVID-19 vaccination campaign

webfact

27 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I have said it at least 3 times on this forum. And here it is again straight from the report that you obviously didn't bother to read!

''Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha, 66, attended the event, although his age falls outside the range of 18 to 59 suitable to receive SinoVac's CoronaVac vaccine, so he did not get it''.

It doesn’t suit their bashing everything Thai narrative.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, hioctane said:
1 hour ago, IamNoone88 said:

Just get the Pfizer and Modena vaccine approved. If I am going to get a jab, at least make it a "good" one.

12 minutes ago, hioctane said:

They are nowhere close to being ready for mass distribution. Americans will get their orders filled by mid summer. Next are all the high income countries that preordered. I don’t expect it ready for shipment to others until 2022.

Well done America. Now shall we move to their performance in controlling the virus over the last year?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Natai Beach said:

Prayut is many things, but he isn’t a chicken. 
A soldier who rose to the top of the Thai Army and then seized power. An alpha male. A hard man. An army leader. He rose to the top. 

Fairly sure he isn’t worried about a little needle. He was following medical advice. If other leaders around the world had also followed medical advice they would not have got themselves personally infected and tens of thousands of their people might still be alive.

Didn't schools teach the English language in those days?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Estrada said:

It came from the AstraZeneca Manufacturing plant in South Korea. Politicians would like to administer the shots straight away, however the have to conform the the ISO quality control procedures.

ISO procedures? What are you on about?

ISO is the International Standards Organization, and ISO standards are internationally recognised standards. The vaccine may well have been made in an laboratory or facility accredited to ISO standards (such as ISO9001 for quality management), but that has no relevance on its use in or importation to Thailand nor is it a valid reason or excuse why the vaccine cannot be used.

ISO standards are a total joke in Thailand anyway. Most auditors are clueless and the interpretation of the standards, because they are translated from English, is wrong, misunderstood or deliberately ignored to save face.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

I have said it at least 3 times on this forum. And here it is again straight from the report that you obviously didn't bother to read!

''Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha, 66, attended the event, although his age falls outside the range of 18 to 59 suitable to receive SinoVac's CoronaVac vaccine, so he did not get it''.

I wonder how does "vaccine" distinguish whether you are 59 or 60.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

but that has no relevance on its use in or importation to Thailand nor is it a valid reason or excuse why the vaccine cannot be used.

Of course it has. No vaccine, or any other medical products, can be imported or used in Thailand without FDA approval. The FDA look to international conventions and agreements.

To many on this forum Thailand is always wrong, whether they follow regulations or not.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, John Steinbeck said:

I wonder how does "vaccine" distinguish whether you are 59 or 60.

Why not ask those that collect the medical data for the trials?

Of course you do not want an answer, just an attempt to create more garbage.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, anchadian said:
53 minutes ago, Natai Beach said:

Prayut is many things, but he isn’t a chicken. 
A soldier who rose to the top of the Thai Army and then seized power. An alpha male. A hard man. An army leader. He rose to the top. 

46 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Didn't schools teach the English language in those days?

The relevance being what exactly?

• Confused 1

So Sinovac is approved but Moderna, Pfizer and now Johnson & Johnson are not - and AstraZeneca is not approved in the USA, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and a host of other nations but is the vaccine of choice for Thailand. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Doc Yong looks like he's giving him a tattoo .. probably a Cheech and Chong portrait ..

Good trick there by the P M .. if the Health minister drops off the perch or develops bat's ears shortly then he'll know he's hedged the right one with the A Z stuff .. 

Ridicules take.

These comments are fun to read.. the AZ vaccine came from Korea - nothing the Brits did to screw it up. Prayuth is too old for the Chinese vaccine (Actually, in most of the EU he would be too old for AZ)

Another poster said to wait for Pfizer and Moderna. On another board a woman claimed that all the animals used during the test died between 6 months and 1 year after the test. It appears 40 million Americans (including me) will pass away in the next 12 months lol...

Overall, distribution is a mess with the exception of Israel. The UK may be on to something by giving as many first shots as possible rather than giving second doses. Their cases are dropping faster than in many other countries in the West. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Phaser said:

So Sinovac is approved but Moderna, Pfizer and now Johnson & Johnson are not - and AstraZeneca is not approved in the USA, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and a host of other nations but is the vaccine of choice for Thailand. 

Astra Zeneca is approved in Austria for people under 65. Same in Germany. Reason is that not enough people over 65 were in the tests - nothing to do with any bad reactions in older people.

AZ  has not applied for approval in the USA and we are more or less covered with 3 vaccines - 1 being a 1 dose vaccine.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

About time some of you people actually read and comprehend what is written. Cha Cha bailed on the AZ vaccine NOT Sinovac, and if you actually read the OP correctly you would have seen that Sinovac is ONLY for those aged between 18 - 59. Cha Cha is 66, so Sinovac would not be administered to him or any of those on here 60 or older that have been sooking ( for the uneducated that means moaning/complaining ) about Sinovac.

So will that mean 60+ year old expats here will get vaccines OTHER than the Sinovac when the time comes...or might they suddenly  ‘discover' Farangs are a 'different case ' re suitability??? 

• Like 1

Is this a switch in power since they said our leader will get the first shot ??? I think this whole vaccination campaign is a load of b.s ,what difference do they think they make to start of with 200.000 shots as a first batch . They have been waiting so long with the ordering i think now they should go for the just approved Janssen vaccine wich needs only 1 shot , but this is the country where everybody wants multiple shots for the lowest price ???? (ok that was a joke) but i do think Janssen is the way to go ,ordering millions of shots means helping millions and not only half . 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Is this a switch in power since they said our leader will get the first shot ??? I think this whole vaccination campaign is a load of b.s ,what difference do they think they make to start of with 200.000 shots as a first batch . They have been waiting so long with the ordering i think now they should go for the just approved Janssen vaccine wich needs only 1 shot , but this is the country where everybody wants multiple shots for the lowest price ???? (ok that was a joke) but i do think Janssen is the way to go ,ordering millions of shots means helping millions and not only half . 

The single shot really has its merits. The extra logistics and paperwork (as well as possible screw-ups) inherent in the two shot vaccines will likely mean many of those getting the two shot vaccines will likely end up only getting a single shot anyway. The J&J is also easy to store and distribute.

4 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

So why isn't the P.M. getting the Chinese concoction...........:whistling:

Maybe he will be coming to knock on Cambodia's door tomorrow???

Reference from today's Khmer Times, 1st March:-

A shipment of 324,000 AstraZeneca/Oxford vaccines will arrive at Phnom Penh International Airport Tuesday evening, according to a joint press release published by the Ministry of Health, the United Nations Children’s Fund (Unicef) and the World Health Organization (WHO).

17 minutes ago, Crossy said:

A bunch of conspiracy theory posts along with the sensible responses have been removed.

And now a post discussing moderation has been removed.

From the forum rules

10) Do not comment on moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. This also includes posting a negative emoticon in response to a public notice made by a moderator. 

Which are here https://forum.thaivisa.com/terms/

Further posts of this nature will net a holiday.

• Haha 1