U.S. administers 75.2 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines: CDC

webfact

U.S. administers 75.2 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines: CDC

2021-02-28T190509Z_1_LYNXNPEH1R0DJ_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-USA.JPG

FILE PHOTO: A basketball net hangs at a recreation center as patients receive their boost dose at a coronavirus disease (COVID-19) community vaccination event, as the vaccination rate in West Virginia ranks among highest in world, in Martinsburg, U.S. February 25, 2021. REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque

(Reuters) - The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said 75,236,003 doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered in the country as of Sunday morning and it had distributed 96,402,490 doses.

The tally is for both the Moderna and Pfizer/BioNTech, vaccines as of 6 a.m. ET Sunday, the agency said. Both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines involve two doses.

The CDC on Saturday had reported a tally of 72,806,180 vaccines doses administered and 96,402,290 doses distributed.

The agency said that as of Sunday, 49,772,180 people had received at least one vaccine dose while 24,779,920 had received the two doses.

A total of 7,112,537 vaccine doses have been administered in long-term care facilities, the agency said.

(Reporting by Juby Babu in Bengaluru; Editing by Nick Zieminski)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2021-03-01

2 hours ago, keith101 said:

If Trump was still  the White House i doubt if 7,000,000 doses would have even been distributed let alone administered .

Trump was a blunderer and an incompetent, but:

In the 38 days between the first vaccinations on Dec. 14, and when Biden took office on Jan. 20, the federal government had shipped 42 million doses. But less than half—16.5 million shots—were administered.    https://time.com/5938128/covid-19-vaccine-rollout-biden/

We are making progress!!what a difference an electionmakes!!take heart once we get our house in order we will be jumping in with both feet helping the world getting vaccinations rite now our plate is full just trying to overcome the catastrophe of the last administrations failure to handle this pandemic 

• Sad 1

I am glad that so many people in the USA are getting their vaccinations. Two days ago I seen a video of a large crowd gathering in one state, and most had no masks on.  I figured that none of them had their vaccine shots as they were mostly young people.  I guess they are still trying the Donald Trump herd spreading technique to get the virus.  Even the US reporter said, look at all those idiots, have they not learned anything?  The other reporter said, no,  but then they  may be from some alternate group, what ever that was supposed to be.  What a country.

Geezer

4 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I am glad that so many people in the USA are getting their vaccinations. Two days ago I seen a video of a large crowd gathering in one state, and most had no masks on.  I figured that none of them had their vaccine shots as they were mostly young people.  I guess they are still trying the Donald Trump herd spreading technique to get the virus.  Even the US reporter said, look at all those idiots, have they not learned anything?  The other reporter said, no,  but then they  may be from some alternate group, what ever that was supposed to be.  What a country.

Geezer

Hi geezer it’s been my experience here in the USA in a (naughty)state I’m seeing 99% compliance with masks and distances protocols let’s just hope everyone keeps their guard up on the 4th of this month I get my 2ond jab of the Moderna vaccine good luck and good health!

It all depends what state you are in. they all have their own qualification guidelines. here in Florida, it's front line workers and 65 and over. I have a serious cardiac condition, in fact I was just in surgery last friday for a pacemaker. and even though I will by 64 in June . I don't qualify. ???? 

20 hours ago, Solinvictus said:

Apparently besides being elderly certain attributes qualify some people to receive it first also, I believe. Interested a bit to know more about this. At least in NY.

Every state, and even county, has different prioritization.

Age, illnesses, first responders, congregate care settings etc.

You can do your own research re: New York State, just go to their website and read.

https://am-i-eligible.covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/

The vaccination efforts so far have been pretty amazing. 2.7 million doses were administered on Saturday. With the J&J shot, and better weather, I can see getting to 4 or 5 million on a Sat or Sun. And once the  American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, H.R. 1319 is passed, signed into law, things should really accelerate.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Deli said:

and Thailand is still waiting for Santa Claus to come. Unbelieveable.

It's not just Thailand. A majority of countries are struggling to get jabs. Only the rich countries have them. And we won't get through this until all countries have jabbed their population.

• 2 weeks later...

And this wouldn't be happening for another 5 years if ever claims a certain person who apparently swiped some stationery on the way out of the White House door..

Trump Puts Out Sad Statement on Presidential Letterhead Pleading for Credit for COVID Vaccine

Former President Donald Trump issued a statement Wednesday on presidential letterhead that read less like an official missive and more like one of his old tweets: “Statement by Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States of America: I hope that everyone remembers when they’re getting the COVID-19 (often referred to as the China Virus) Vaccine, that if I wasn’t president, you wouldn’t be getting that beautiful ‘shot’ for 5 years, at best, and probably wouldn’t be getting it at all. I hope everyone remembers!”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-puts-out-sad-statement-on-presidential-letterhead-pleading-for-credit-for-covid-vaccine

11 hours ago, placeholder said:

And this wouldn't be happening for another 5 years if ever claims a certain person who apparently swiped some stationery on the way out of the White House door..

Trump Puts Out Sad Statement on Presidential Letterhead Pleading for Credit for COVID Vaccine

Former President Donald Trump issued a statement Wednesday on presidential letterhead that read less like an official missive and more like one of his old tweets: “Statement by Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States of America: I hope that everyone remembers when they’re getting the COVID-19 (often referred to as the China Virus) Vaccine, that if I wasn’t president, you wouldn’t be getting that beautiful ‘shot’ for 5 years, at best, and probably wouldn’t be getting it at all. I hope everyone remembers!”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-puts-out-sad-statement-on-presidential-letterhead-pleading-for-credit-for-covid-vaccine

Pfizer and Moderna started developing the jab in mid January.  About the time Trump was saying it was a big nothing burger.  And technology for the mRNA jabs has been going on for a long time.  Congrats to Bill Gates for that.

Trump did give them some money.  A bit of credit there.  But mostly, he lied about the virus and denied it.  I guess until now? LOL

I wonder why all the resident anti vaxers are so silent. I mean 75 million vaccinated and people are not dropping dead. 

I mean there have been 29 million cased of covid resulting in 540k deaths. Now lets assume that there is a lot of infections they did not notice and bring both to 75 million. So where are the 540k deaths from vaccination ? What is that no reply. 

So its safe to say that vaccination does not have the same bad effects as covid and its the way to go. I remember all the anti vaxers talking like covid did not kill.. it did in the us 540K with 29 million infections.. make it 75 million as they might not have tested everyone. Then a vaccine is clearly beter to take then risk it. Plus economic life can go on again. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Pfizer and Moderna started developing the jab in mid January.

They developed a "shot," not a "jab."  Jab's usage, as one prominent newspaper put it, is infantilizing.  

we might wonder why the government is so keen on calling any Covid-19 vaccine a “jab” in the first place. The usage seems at once chummy and infantilising, but why does it mean “injection” anyway?   https://www.theguardian.com/books/2021/feb/04/why-do-we-call-vaccinations-jabs

15 minutes ago, John Drake said:

They developed a "shot," not a "jab."  Jab's usage, as one prominent newspaper put it, is infantilizing.  

You call it what you want.  I'll call it a jab.  Like many others do.