3 month proof of bank balance.

I renewed my retirement extension in December and was told by the IO to return in 3 months with proof of my account having the required 800,000 Baht for the 3 months following the renewal

As usual there are conflicting requirements as to the proof needed depending on the local office.

At the time of my renewal, the IO simply pointed to the relevant date on her desk calendar and said "come back after, not before ".  No form to sign or stamp in my passport.  This was at Jomtien.  I have been away from home there for a while and diddent plan to go back for 2 or 3 weeks after the date she indicated.  

Some I have spoken to have said you don't have to go on the day that the 3 months are up as the IO just said 'after' with no limit.  There are also differing opinions as to the paperwork needed - some say just take your bank book, others say photocopy of book and/or statement and others have said they will require a certified letter from the bank. When I did it last year, a cursory look at bank book and that was it .

Any info from anyone having gone through the process at Jomtien would be much appreciated.

7 hours ago, phetchy said:

I renewed my retirement extension in December and was told by the IO to return in 3 months with proof of my account having the required 800,000 Baht for the 3 months following the renewal

As usual there are conflicting requirements as to the proof needed depending on the local office.

At the time of my renewal, the IO simply pointed to the relevant date on her desk calendar and said "come back after, not before ".  No form to sign or stamp in my passport.  This was at Jomtien.  I have been away from home there for a while and diddent plan to go back for 2 or 3 weeks after the date she indicated.  

Some I have spoken to have said you don't have to go on the day that the 3 months are up as the IO just said 'after' with no limit.  There are also differing opinions as to the paperwork needed - some say just take your bank book, others say photocopy of book and/or statement and others have said they will require a certified letter from the bank. When I did it last year, a cursory look at bank book and that was it .

Any info from anyone having gone through the process at Jomtien would be much appreciated.

Three months is the minimum period you have to keep the balance at 800k....you can go later and provide proof that this period has been met by an updated pass book and copy of the transaction page plus a copy of the account page on the day you attend....at Jomtien they normally give you a form for this notice which you sign acknowledging this....surprised you didn`t get one.

13 minutes ago, phetchy said:

Just do what your told! Rules are interpreted differently  ! What happen last year could be treated differently this year .especially with each and every IO officer

I have to do this at Jomtiem probably tomorrow. In December they gave me a sheet which was a copy of the order in English. 'Please show an updated bankbook to immigration after'.....with the date 3 months after my extension application stamped in red

Says to turn up at counter 8 with 

1) This form

2) Copies of passport (First photo page and last visa stamp issued by immigration)

3) Bankbook copies...  (First name page and last updated page).

I did my extension January 20th, I was given a piece of paper with a stamp date on the bottom stamped April 20th, this paper is consider my appointment form!

On the form area 90 Days Bank Checking!  Window 8, to prove that you have 800,000 fund in your account.

Requirement!

1. Appointment form (this form)

2. A copy of passport - first page of your name and photo - last visa issue by Thai immigration.

3. BankBook,  first page of your name, last page ( needed to be updated before making a copy!

23 hours ago, phetchy said:

It's whatever the IO feels like asking for at any given time on any given day. It's like a "Magic 8 Ball" with those people.

15 hours ago, BobinBKK said:

It's whatever the IO feels like asking for at any given time on any given day. It's like a "Magic 8 Ball" with those people.

In Jomtien I have found the retirement extension group and process to be quite consistent. But it is a pity this office has implemented it's own 3 month money check process when it is not actually stated as a police order, and done by very few Imm. Offices. An extra step, more paperwork and now I have to make 2 trips per year... plus I have no doubt they will do little with this, and come next extension renewal, when they could have checked things, they will do it again, and not refer to any record of that visit.  Agency obtained retirement extensions need not do it.

I did it last week in Jomtien.  I was given a printed notice when I renewed in late November with the date Feb. 21 in red. I went in on Feb. 22.

I brought my bankbook and passport and made copies of the 2 required pages in each.  Don't wait on line.  Just go in and head for counter 8.  Give one of the girls there your passport and paperwork.  She will check it to make sure its all kosher and hand you back your passport.  You're done.

46 minutes ago, offset said:

This maybe away to check for dodgy agent extentions

If someone uses an agent to avoid requirement for money in the bank the passport is not stamped in Jomtien, Bangkok etc. Most get processed up country. 

BTW the extension is not "dodgy"

Archived