American With Thai Birth Certificate

Hello, 
Long story short: I was born in Thailand in 1990 and was given a legitimate Thai birth certificate. My family moved from Thailand to the US before my second birthday. I received my American citizenship when I was around 10 years old. My question is, am I still a Thai citizen? If not, then will I qualify to apply for my Thai citizenship without having to physically live in the Thailand? I am looking to apply for a dual citizenship and have exhausted my search. 
 Thank you

You do not have to apply for Thai nationality since you are Thai from birth.

If you have a Thai birth certificate issued here in Thailand you can be registered in a house book and get a Thai ID card. It would be best if you could be find a member of the family to get registered in their house book.

Yes,

My daughter was  born in Thailand and currently lives in the us and holds BOTH Thai and American citizenship and passport

Since u were born thai. ur thai

once u acquired american citizenship that made you a dual national

You can apply for ur passport at the thai embassy in DC or at a consulate or if/when u travel to Thailand

https://www.refworld.org/pdfid/506c08862.pdf

The OP has not specified the nationality of his parents.

Simply being born in Thailand and issued a birth certificate does not make one a citizen.

Children born in Thailand of foreign parents will get a birth certificate but are not Thai nationals.

if one or both parents were a Thai citizen then you are a Thai citizen. If not, then you are not.

Archived