Bus service from Bangkok airports to Hua Hin

lassebasse

Are there any busses that go directly from one or the other airports in Bangkok to Hua Hin? Since we are flying in to Bangkok and we have a choice of any of the airports, It would be nice to be able to catch a bus directly at the airport instead of having to go to Mochit or any other busdepot. Preferable a regular bus instead of minibus due to Covid.

An alternative would be some kind of taxiservice. All answers are appreciated.

there use to be 2x daily from pattaya to HH through BKK.

I am not sure it still operates.

Bus service to HH is from sai tai mai bus station on thonburi. Also minibuses, faster and more frequent.

I would think they all half empty and similarly safe from covid

Edited by internationalism

There used to be an pretty much hourly service in both directions, they suspended the service but have just started one service a day in both directions, 11.00 from Hua Hin to Suvarnabhumi and 12.30 from Suvarnabhumi to Hua Hin. https://belltravelservice.com/

We normally get a taxi now, I can't remember the price, I think about 1,500 Baht.

1 hour ago, jerrybeirne said:

12.30 from Suvarnabhumi to Hua Hin. https://belltravelservice.com

i have just booked the above for friday, 344 baht.

lots of seats left.

bon voyage.

I have used Bell for several years; great service, fantastic seats, clean restroom, good aircon.. Just be sure to check in at the desk close to ground level Swampy door #8 an hour before your scheduled time or lose your seat. 

• Like 2

On 3/2/2021 at 3:38 PM, sandyf said:

It's a good service but you need to bear in mind they moved the HH end out from the bus station to the airport.

When you get to Cha am on the bus, the conductress will come down the aisle and collect the names of those who want to use the shuttle minivan from the company’s bus station, near HH airport, into Hua Hin. The last time that I was on the bus (pre Covid), the fee was 100 baht. You just give her the name of your hotel, and the minivan will take you there.

I live at the other (far) end of Hua Hin, in Khao Takiab. I am charged 150 baht which I am happy to pay to get home. There are green baht buses in town, but their terminus in Khao Takiab means that I must walk a further 15 minutes to my resort. Not much fun if you have heavy bags to carry.

If you don’t have a hotel to go to yet, the minivan can drop you in the centre of Hua Hin, aka The Clock Tower, where there are motorbike taxis. You are also near cheap hotels and hostels. The trip to the Clock Tower is free. The first time I arrived in Hua Hin, over 3 years ago, I chose this option, walked around and found a hotel within 10 minutes.

Edited by silver sea

6 minutes ago, silver sea said:

When you get to Cha am on the bus, the conductress will come down the aisle and collect the names of those who want the shuttle minivan from the company’s bus station, near HH airport, into Hua Hin. The fee is 100 baht and you give her the name of your hotel and the minivan will take you there.

I live at the other (far) end of Hua Hin, in Khao Takiab. I am charged 150 baht which I am happy to pay to get home. There are green baht buses in town, but their terminus in Khao Takiab means that I must walk a further 15 minutes to my resort. Not much fun if you have heavy bags to carry.

If you don’t have a hotel to go to yet, the minivan can drop you in the centre of Hua Hin, aka The Clock Tower, where there are motorbike taxis. You are also near cheap hotels and hostels. The trip to the Clock Tower is free. The first time I arrived in Hua Hin, I chose this option, walked around and found a hotel within 10 minutes.

We normally drive to HH. Went on the Bell bus once and then caught the train south, at that time the Bell bus went into the bus station near the clock tower.

On 3/2/2021 at 7:53 AM, RocketDog said:

I have used Bell for several years; great service, fantastic seats, clean restroom, good aircon.. Just be sure to check in at the desk close to ground level Swampy door #8 an hour before your scheduled time or lose your seat. 

Although the link is to Bell's, once you go to book you'll be re-directed to Roong Reuang who appear to have taken over the booking interface and service provision.

I don't know if Bell's operated it in HH, but the hotel drop off is not available from RR in Pattaya and an online service charge has also been added.

12 minutes ago, treetops said:

Although the link is to Bell's, once you go to book you'll be re-directed to Roong Reuang who appear to have taken over the booking interface and service provision.

I don't know if Bell's operated it in HH, but the hotel drop off is not available from RR in Pattaya and an online service charge has also been added

You are correct about Roong Reuang being the booking agent. The bus to HH stops in Chaam as well as on the north end of HH exactly south of the HH airport entrance on the southbound side of Phetkasem Road.

The Bell/Roong Reuang desk in the airport, near door#8 also has a counter right next to it for the bus to Pattaya. Sorry, I never tried to make reservations for that bus, so don't know how to do it online. Bell has a extra baggage charge for more than one bag, but it's nominal. For hotel drop off there is an additional charge.

The nice thing about Bell is that the bus is fast, well-maintained, and professionally driven. It moves along at a steady clip and makes the trip to HH in around 3.5 hr depending on traffic. It's very easy to tip the seat back, nearly horizontal, and catch a nap. Even curtains for each window and a bottle of water given by the attendant.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...