Yamaha grand filano hybrid vs a Vespa 125lx

Went looking at motorbikes and narrowed it down to either a Yamaha grand filano hybrid or a vespa. I've had a Yamaha grand filano now for a little over a year. Wife says Vespa is good but expensive can't tell me the good or bad on Vespa. Seems like the Vespa holds its value better. Not sure though how well they drive. I know the Yamaha handles good. Any inputs on good or bad between the Yamaha grand filano and Vespa would be appreciated. 

20210301_130917.jpg

20210301_170258.jpg

Edited by PattayaKevin

On one you can ride carefree spread your legs and feel the wind on your vagina...  on the other you are nearly a mod !!!! :tongue:

Get whichever one has ABS...  thats the single most important factor for any scooter or motorbike IMO given how ‘polished’ the roads around around many of the cities / towns.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

Yamaha: Cheaper, reliable, better fuel economy

Vespa: Cool factor, better suspension up front, and in my opinion, better handling.

Yamaha also seems to have a higher top speed, although the torque on the Vespa may be better.

Honestly, if you have the money, and the "cool factor" is important, get the Vespa. I have a couple of friends who went for the Japanese alternatives, only to have buyers remorse later, because a Yamaha will never be as cool as a Vespa.

20 minutes ago, Katipo said:

because a Yamaha will never be as cool as a Vespa.

Really? Neither even stirs the needle on cool unless you are of the fur trimmed parka generation. Even then Vespa's were girly and Lambretta's ruled.

• Like 1

There are a lot more Yamaha dealers nationwide than there are Vespa dealers.

23 hours ago, PattayaKevin said:

Yamaha is 60,000 while the vespa is 99,000 for those colors in non abs. Abs for Yamaha I don't like the colors so it would be about 109,000 for the vespa in abs need to get green which looks nice still. Just not as nice as blue.

20210301_170931.jpg

Why would you want to pay almost twice the price for a Vespa over the Yamaha. You can find a good spray shop and get the Yamaha to exactly the colour for perhaps 10k baht. You might find that the Yamaha dealer will get it done for you before it is registered to save problems when taxing it at the DLT.

6 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Why would you want to pay almost twice the price for a Vespa over the Yamaha.

Some people buy a Mercedes when a Toyota or a Hyundai will do the job. 

As the old Indian souvenir joke goes. Some people like to pay $5, other people like to pay $10

12 hours ago, PaoloR said:

Really? Neither even stirs the needle on cool unless you are of the fur trimmed parka generation. Even then Vespa's were girly and Lambretta's ruled.

So a Lambretta clone Royal Alloy or a Scomadi could be the perfect bike. Both about 150K @200cc liquid cooled injected.

• Like 1

1st bike I ever bought in Thailand was a Honda Scooby (can't remember is thats what they called it) in Bangkok in 2015....$45k

went with the Yamaha......$50K new in Pattaya back in 2018.  

will be buying another Yamaha in Ubon when I return even though my 2018 is doing just fine....absolutely zero issues....will prob change out the tires n brake pads when i get back. 

one day I do want the Vespa though.  

• Haha 1

The Vespa underset storage is tiny. Barely fits one helmet. The Yamaha can fit two small helmets, or one standard size with a lot of extra room. Great for grocery shopping or long trips. The wife and I have taken four 400 km trips across Issan on our Yamaha. As said, great bike. The larger, more padded seat was definitely welcome. It’s smaller on the Vespa, and you barely get anything on those Clicks and Scoopys. More tech on the Yamaha. The color screen calculates electric motor vs. engine usage, fuel mileage, and other things. Oh, and the big engine on that Scomadi means that when you look under the seat, all you see is a gas cap.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, craftyone said:

$50K new in Pattaya back in 2018.  

will be buying another Yamaha in Ubon when I return even though my 2018 is doing just fine....absolutely zero issues....will prob change out the tires n brake pads when i get back. 

well. papa bought a tricked,

one-year-old immaculate

Yamamaha Nouvo125

about 7-8-years back.

YNSX sold poorly.

Super doggy after Elegance.

Slowest bike off the line.

Constantly getting passed by 2-up on Fino.

Great around town ride, and

onliest one which I would haul passenger.

Looks [stickers off] & runs fine.

Often just leave the key in,

as who would steal one.?!

So...go Yamahaha555.!!

The Italian scoots are cute tho.

Filano is designed there, no?

... would do one.