Medical for drivers licence

OzMan

Where is an inexpensive place in BKK to get a health certificate for a drivers license? medconsultasia gives them for 250 baht, but I went there for a prescription renewal and there were other fees on top of what I was told initially, such as clinic fees in addition to seeing the doctor. End result: $200 AUD for a prescription renewal. Any other places apart from medconsultasia?

There is a 300 baht fee for medication refill  service there (and clearly stated so on the website) but there is no equivelent fee for the medical certificate as far as I know. Many people have gotten it there for the stated price of 250 baht. If your prescription cost you $200 AUD I think most of that must have been the drug itself. Imported drugs are very expensive in Thailand.

it also sounds like you for some reason went in and had a dcotro's visit, which is nto usual not required for medication refill and would have been an extra charge (though only around 1000 baht).

Literally any clinic or hospital can issue this. Will be more expensive at the private hospitals though and involve long waits at a government hospital (though would be very cheap, probably under 100 baht) and you'd need a Thai speaker with you.

You might also contact this place and see what they charge https://rsuhealth.com/new-home-en/

• Like 1

I have used Khlongtan Hospital a few times for the Medical Cert for the Drivers licence. 

I can’t remember if its 200B or 300B... 

I just turn up, say I need a medical for a drivers licence and I’m out 10-15mins later after the doctor has confirmed I don’t have elephantiasis and syphilis or whatever it is they check off on the list they have.

They know what the MCU for the Driving licence is, so its a painless process.

Khlong Tan hospital on on Petchaburi Rd, about 150m west of the junction with Sukhumvit 71.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/Khlongtan+Hosptial/@13.7413858,100.5940747,18z

• Haha 1

"If your prescription cost you $200 AUD I think most of that must have been the drug itself. Imported drugs are very expensive in Thailand." All of the $200 was for the consultation, the prescription was extra, even that was extortion.

• Sad 1

Any random general practitioner clinic can issue you such a certificate, really not difficult to find. If you have no idea where to go, just talk to the next motorbike taxi driver you see and ask him to take you to a clinic to get the medical certificate for a driving license. This will then cost you 10-40THB for the motorbike taxi and about 100THB (70 if it's cheap, 150 if it's expensive) for the medical certificate, you will usually be in and out in 5 minutes. Ask him to wait for you, he can then take you back to where you came from ????

Edited by jackdd

15 minutes ago, OzMan said:

"If your prescription cost you $200 AUD I think most of that must have been the drug itself. Imported drugs are very expensive in Thailand." All of the $200 was for the consultation, the prescription was extra, even that was extortion.

Something is wrong here.

The  charge for doctor consultation is 1,000 baht. Possibly a few hundred more for nurse/facility charge.

No way does a consultation alone approach 200 AUD.

Either there were other services provided (e.g. blood test) or there was a billing error. Can you post the itemized receipt here with name crossed out?

The cost of the medication should have been normal retail cost plus 300 baht. What was the medication and how do you know the price was "extortion" ? Have you priced it at Thai pharmacies?

And why did you get a consultation just for a medication refill?

Something(s) missing in this  story.

reverting to the original topic many people get medical certificate here for driver's license and for employment. No on has reported being charged more than the listed fee (which i see is now 300 baht for driver's license)

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, NanLaew said:

The new, 2-part medical certificate is downloadable from the DLT's website.

Very useful to have.

The self declaration is new.

Will there be many that don't show six times "none" :biggrin:

How long is the medical good for ? I have had one but a few months old now. Easy enough to get new and my small local hospital  it about  100 to 200  baht including the doctor visit you need two medical papers one for each licence auto and moto.

On 3/1/2021 at 9:05 PM, Sheryl said:

Literally any clinic or hospital can issue this.

Not necessary true, my local clinic only has a nurse, and the cert. must be signed by a Doctor. My missus went to a small hospital with her Thai ID and they still wanted B300 she managed to get it for B200 after whinging about it, and to cap it all off, she is a health volunteer. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ TIT 

On 3/2/2021 at 5:12 PM, jackdd said:

Any random general practitioner clinic can issue you such a certificate, really not difficult to find. If you have no idea where to go, just talk to the next motorbike taxi driver you see and ask him to take you to a clinic to get the medical certificate for a driving license. This will then cost you 10-40THB for the motorbike taxi and about 100THB (70 if it's cheap, 150 if it's expensive) for the medical certificate, you will usually be in and out in 5 minutes. Ask him to wait for you, he can then take you back to where you came from ????

Decades back, medical certificates for farang for many purposes were very simple:

- Yes, one head, 2 arms and 2 legs - PASSED!

Walk in - walk out within 5 minutes possible.

And many small 'clinics' along Petchaburi Rd, opposite Pantip Plaza, all with fake doctors. 

• Like 1

On 3/3/2021 at 2:46 PM, Randell said:

How long is the medical good for ? I have had one but a few months old now. Easy enough to get new and my small local hospital  it about  100 to 200  baht including the doctor visit you need two medical papers one for each licence auto and moto.

Valid for 1 month. And you only need 1 plus a copy for both licenses.

0EB333DF-13E6-4822-B8F0-347D6E7182F8.thumb.png.a739de8605c5f6fade9e169b0a4d7f46.png

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2021 at 1:12 PM, jackdd said:

I use a local clinic as in the above ,but note   a lot of clinics  are only open in the evenings the 2-3 in our  area are,   the doctor is doing their  day job at the local hospital.

But, I live in a rural  area probably different in a city.