Thai Visa Forum

Do you think your changing as a person as you get older ?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As I often say, I may not know what I want but I sure as hell know what I dont want ! Experience and age teaches you that much.

I tried it once. I don’t recommend it.    Hurt like buggery.     

You finally grew up.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Natai Beach said:

I tried it once. I don’t recommend it. 

Hurt like buggery. 

Maybe you got your foreskin caught when you eased into him/her... 🤣

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Maybe you got your foreskin caught when you eased into him/her... 🤣

What do you mean “I eased into him/her”?  

Oh. Did I do it wrong? 

As I said, it hurt like buggery. 

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

I think we all change from Rodney, to Del, and finally to Granddad as we age

Not everyone !

I'm nearly 60 and still see immature  guys in Pattaya my age .. probably tourists sitting at bars on the window ledge shouting out to guys going past with girls & ladyboys etc 

In Australia I had to deal with a workmate yesterday 65yo who did nothing but complain about teenagers riding skateboarrds outside our building....I told him I think it's great and I may even go join them.!

Second thing is I no longer tell work colleagues particularly women that I go to Thailand for holidays because they want to get the wrong idea not that I care anymore ...

2 hours ago, 86Tiger said:

Absolutely.

Much more patient and thoughtful than 30 years ago.  And way more deliberate.

I am much less patient. Maybe because I gave up the dope over 20 years ago:) 

1 hour ago, simon43 said:

On that graph, although I'm touching 62 years old in real age,  I'm happily at a testosterone level of  about 1100, thanks to TRT.  So I still 'jump about' like a 20 year old 🙂

You, living in the North of Laos will not be jumping around with ladies much. Unless you are "extremely well connected". TRT in northern Laos? Please elaborate.

No, we are not changing. Our testostrone-level is changing for the worse. We had a gyroscope in our underwear that guided us reliably to Thailand for decades in our younger years. (none of us came for the temples).

And now , some "Investor-Farangs" realize that the younger-Thai-spouse is aging even faster than themselves. The Farang, realising that their testosterone-turbo is heading for "retirement", him wondering: "What am I doing here anymore"?
Well, there are always the temples. Better late than never.

• Haha 2
34 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

My gyroscope still gets my undies all bunched up when I see a pretty filly.  When that happens I do change, well at least I need to change my shorts afterwards, is that change enough? Or just TMI?

As long as your "gyroscope" points you in the direction of "fillies" you are fine.
When yor "gyroscope" starts to point you in the direction of "where is the nearest Starbucks", you will know that your "gyroscope" will need "re-calibration".
May the day be far in the future, concering the orientation of your personal "gyroscope".

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, elliss said:

Me to mate . 

In my early days in Thailand , i was eager to meet fellow countrymen .

Lessons learned , the hard way .

Now I  avoid social contacts with farlangs , takers and chanchers.

Enjoy , my own company nowadays ...

That's funny. I came here for the Thai girls and couldn't care less how many "fellow countrymen" I met. I met enough of them back home.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

I guess too as I get older I give people less chances ..both in Thailand and Australia and  that includes everyone.

Recently the 44yo Thai lady I knew for 20 years  messaged me on Facebook again.

Sorry she <deleted>ted on me back in 2014 when I tried to bring her to Australia ..I bought tickets and visa then she went off with another guy and decided to contact me again 6 years later almost as if to resume the conversation from where it left off.

Now I have less tolerance ...I try to do the right thing by people  and now if someone <deleted>s on me ...one chance only 

I had what I thought was a good friend borrow money from me ...despite asking several times he never paid it but still calls me to tell me about his marital problems...I stopped answering his calls .

I don't have time for one way friendship and no tolerance for giving people chances and that goes for thais as well.

One thing is now I don't care if someone is gay ...farang ...Thai .a cleaner ...a lawyer ...or whatever I will treat them with respect..but once they try to use me or Sh..t on me then that's it 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Haha 1
14 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

However she contacted me again..and even though I was deeply in love with her at that time I no longer felt anything for her ...strange how I changed .

IMO that's nothing to do with "changing" at all. Your opinion of her changed, but unless you stopped being interested in other women you are still the same person IMO.

I did stop being interested in western women in a romantic way after being burnt badly by a western woman, but I never stopped liking women per se.

I don't think I changed at all, but I learned a whole lot more than I knew when I was 20, so I would act differently now to then, based on experience.

• Like 1

I want to change person, but every laundry I take it to says it's impossible to clean, and, no store has my size in Thailand. Even the dark-web doesn't allow my type.

~o:37;

• Confused 1
5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

so I would act differently now to then

So you have changed!