Thai tourism ministry proposes vaccine program in 5 tourism hotspots

snoop1130

Thai tourism ministry proposes vaccine program in 5 tourism hotspots

000_8UL7B6.jpg

This photograph taken on November 2, 2020 shows visitors taking pictures of the gold plated stupa at Wat Phra That Doi Suthep Buddhist temple in Chiang Mai. (Photo by Mladen ANTONOV / AFP)

Thailand’s Tourism and Sports ministry will propose that the Public Health ministry organize an inoculation campaign in 5 tourism provinces and discuss the prospect of vaccination passports.

Tourism minister, Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn, said that the ministry has proposed 50,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccines be allocated to people in the tourism businesses in Phuket, Surat Thani, Chonburi, Chiang Mai and Krabi. The priority will be 13,000 employees at the 58 hotels which are being used as alternative local quarantine facilities.

Thailand is following developments in the WHO’s vaccine passport program, as the country needs to prepare measures that will be in line with Thai standards.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-tourism-ministry-proposes-vaccine-program-in-5-tourism-hotspots/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2021-03-01

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand’s Tourism and Sports ministry will propose that the Public Health ministry organize an inoculation campaign in 5 tourism provinces and discuss the prospect of vaccination passports.

Tourism minister, Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn, said that the ministry has proposed 50,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccines be allocated to people in the tourism businesses in Phuket, Surat Thani, Chonburi, Chiang Mai and Krabi. The priority will be 13,000 employees at the 58 hotels which are being used as alternative local quarantine facilities.

Thailand is following developments in the WHO’s vaccine passport program, as the country needs to prepare measures that will be in line with Thai standards.

but ASQ is under health ministry, nothing to do with tourism, even it's done at hotels. 

similar to SQ - state quarantine for thai. This one is under direct responsibility of army (yes, there are a lot of money to be made also here by generals).

The great majority coming to thailand are not tourists, but workers, expats etc.

The only remaining tourism is domestic. The only true foreign tourists are 58 koreans at phuket gold course who came only on 21.2. 

With an empty hotels and tourist attractions, risk of covid there is small.

It's restaurants, mass transport means (including airports and air planes) where there is a large congregation and not necessary with  face masks. 

Of course, the most dangerous are all health facilities where large volume of not well people are flowing, in a very direct contact with the other sick persons and with medics. 

I think the journalist should mention "international" standards instead of "thai" standards, because those don't exist yet and usually follow trends made in the west

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 2

'Thailand is following developments in the WHO’s vaccine passport program, as the country needs to prepare measures that will be in line with Thai standards.'

I wish them well but if you need to say that Thailand's measures have to be in line with Thailand's standards then it sounds a bit confused.

That's aside from the constantly changing estimates of the number of visitors. I've got no idea myself but it looks as if my guess may be as good as theirs so I'll go for 2 million. D I get a prize if I'm the closest?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kimamey said:

'Thailand is following developments in the WHO’s vaccine passport program, as the country needs to prepare measures that will be in line with Thai standards.'

I wish them well but if you need to say that Thailand's measures have to be in line with Thailand's standards then it sounds a bit confused.

That's aside from the constantly changing estimates of the number of visitors. I've got no idea myself but it looks as if my guess may be as good as theirs so I'll go for 2 million. D I get a prize if I'm the closest?

Yes a one way ticket to a destination of your choice.

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

This guy's a real dreamer.

• Like 1

Thailand should innoculate every person living in tourism destinations, without restrictions (regardless of visa status or lack of, nationality etc) Also without posing questions, and regardless of cost, only then can we tell the world that its truly as safe as can possibly be to visit.

• Haha 1

No evidence of increased risk to quarantine hotel employees and I don't think non quarantined Tourists would want to stay in a plague hotel? Need to vaccinate entire population of tourist towns before anyone feels safe going there especially if they require a vaccine passport