Need some advice from the experts, please.

Hi all, 

im coming to Thailand in May from another SEA country with my Thai wife. 
The plan is to apply for a non-o by way of marriage, because it’s the only visa available here from the local RTE. 

I’m not planning to live in Thailand, I’m finishing my current posting here, take a two month break, and head off to my new posting in the ME. The non-o is 90 days, so not an issue if all goes according to plan. However, there is a small possibility that the visa for my new gig might take a while being processed and it’s possible that I’ll run over the 90 days of my Thai visa.

So, the question is, can I renew, or extend my the non-o marriage, for another 90 days ? Most people that get this visa are intending to live in Thailand and normally go for the one year extension multi, which I don’t need. if I can, do I need to have all the money in the bank etc etc that goes with the one year extension, or is it a case of re-presenting the proof I’ll submit here for a simple 90 day one ? 
Any wisdom would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Enter Thailand on visa exempt and apply for non O based on marriage. I assume your already have Thai bank account.

The financials are simple. 

Borders are currently shut and may be for long time. 

After the 90 days you refer to you can obtain 60 day extension based on visit wife.

Why make simple difficult.

If you can easily get a single entry non-O where you are now that would be my choice, and if needed get the 60 day visit wife extension after the 90 day entry (provided a total of 150 days is enough).  No financials or bank account required.

Hi Dr. Jack. 
The only visa I can get here is the marriage, and I won’t be allowed to board without one and it’s accompanying certificate of entry, so the visa exempts route is a non starter. 
I don’t have a Thai bank account, because I’ve not lived in Thailand before, always in an out on the old visa exempt stamp. So hence the first time non-o. 
however, if I understand you correctly it’s possible to extend to extend it for 60 days without having to tie up €11,000 in a Thai bank ? 
Thanks. 

6 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

If you can easily get a single entry non-O where you are now that would be my choice, and if needed get the 60 day visit wife extension after the 90 day entry (provided a total of 150 days is enough).  No financials or bank account required.

Yes, non-o based on marriage won’t be an issue here, my wife’s been told that at the embassy, in fact she’s been told it’s the only we’ll get, and yes, the 60 day extension should be ample. 
thanks a million. 

Archived