Pattaya PCR Covid test with certificate

tucker4444

Got a flight back to the UK in transit through a safe non UK red list country on the 07 april at 23.50 pm arrive Uk at 10 ish am

My question is ,i have to have a covid test with proof of being negative of the virus,within 72 hours of departure on what date should i take the test and where ? 

Thanks guys 

Screenshot_20210223_213644.jpg

In case you don't get any better responses, Tommy Dee on 103 FM has said on numerous occasions that you can get a PCR test done at Pattaya International Hospital. I think the cost is a bit over 3,000 Baht, which sounds well expensive to me, but what else can you expect here? Enjoy the trip, at least things are looking up back there now.

Bangkok Pattaya Hospital can do the tests. But heard from someone they are short on supply. So difficult to get.

I'd recommend calling around first. If no luck, try the hospitals up in Sri Racha. Or Queen Sirikit in Sattahip. Though the latter is best approached with a Thai speaker.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Bangkok Pattaya Hospital can do the tests. But heard from someone they are short on supply. So difficult to get.

I'd recommend calling around first. If no luck, try the hospitals up in Sri Racha. Or Queen Sirikit in Sattahip. Though the latter is best approached with a Thai speaker.

I enquired about this a few days ago, so long as you book in advance no problem, cost at BPH is 3800thb.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I enquired about this a few days ago, so long as you book in advance no problem, cost at BPH is 3800thb.

dont need to book in advance, but I would advice to do so if possible - no shortage, results available within 24h, as mentioned 3.8k

I was wrong when I said that the price here of 3,800 Baht is expensive. I see that getting a PCR test done privately in Boots back in the UK costs £120, or almost 5,000 Baht at the current exchange rate. It makes £95 quid in a private hospital here seem like a bargain.

https://www.boots.com/covid-19-testing/covid-19-testing-service

Edited by Guderian
  • Like 1

2700 is the lowest I have seen in BKK.  One interesting note about BPH, was if you test positive, they offer flat fee, all inclusive treatment for 30,000.  I'll bet it could be a horror story at some of the other privates.  I don't think they will let you shop around either.. 

1 hour ago, moontang said:

2700 is the lowest I have seen in BKK.  One interesting note about BPH, was if you test positive, they offer flat fee, all inclusive treatment for 30,000.  I'll bet it could be a horror story at some of the other privates.  I don't think they will let you shop around either.. 

That doesn't make sense. If you test positive, you'll have to quarantine for some time. I believe BPH charges around 30k per day, all in, for a room with standard doctor and nurse fees. If I remember correctly from my last visit there.

22 minutes ago, MrJ said:

I work there ???? no booking needed.....

He was denied. About 4 weeks ago. You should look into that. More than happy to pass along the details.

He was told that they were short on tests. Only those showing symptoms of cv19 could get the test.

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

That doesn't make sense. If you test positive, you'll have to quarantine for some time. I believe BPH charges around 30k per day, all in, for a room with standard doctor and nurse fees. If I remember correctly from my last visit there.

Makes more sense now? 

Screenshot_20210303-182922.png

2 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Does the test include a F2F certificate as well for that price?

F2F doesn't apply to going to the US or transiting through Japan.  Don't see why it would be needed for London, but I'll let others verify.  I was told Japan wants to see the QR code. I was wondering if you get that on the ereport.  

15 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

He was denied. About 4 weeks ago. You should look into that. More than happy to pass along the details.

He was told that they were short on tests. Only those showing symptoms of cv19 could get the test.

we have here ongoing test daily e.g prior international flight, no symptoms required, no shortage.......

1 hour ago, MrJ said:

we have here ongoing test daily e.g prior international flight, no symptoms required, no shortage.......

Just telling you my friends experience 4 weeks ago. He called me from the hospital trying to figure out what to do. Though he wasn't flying. Just sick as a dog.

3 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

My friend had a high fever and runny nose. But not a cough. So was denied the test even though they asked for it. Turned down. Terrible.

Being tested with symptoms and without are two different animals.  They don't want you near the regular testing site if you have symptoms.  Seen that mentioned in several of the website ads.  And obviously, if you have symptoms your hospital cost could be a moonshot.  Does seem odd that hospital treatment is cheaper than almost all the ASQ hotels, but business is slow for the hospitals, too, and it would be much more efficient for them to treat you in a hospital setting.