I would like to send a big amount into my Bangkok Bank, can have any problem ?

8 hours ago, DrDave said:

One thing to remember when using Transferwise to transfer a large sum is that their "normal" business model doesn't apply to countries (such as Thailand) that don't allow transfers out. The normal model is that the majority of funds being "transferred" never actually cross borders, since transfers out are balanced somewhat against transfers in. Thus, in many cases these are just local transfers in both the source and destination countries. Not so for Thailand though, since there are no outbound transfers allowed. Transferwise therefore has to somehow maintain funds in their local Thai bank account(s) in order to accommodate inbound transfers. I suspect that transferring a large amount into Thailand could result in delays in the event that Transferwise doesn't have sufficient local funds on hand. Using their website, I've seen that transfers of progressively larger amounts are projected to take progressively longer times to process. 

This is how all private companies international transfer proceed. Even under islamic$hit state. This is also why embargo never work, my friends in Iran can't stop laughing.

On 3/2/2021 at 2:15 PM, Swiss1960 said:

Tens of thousands of people have sent that kind of money (and even much more) from one private account in their name to one in Thailand, me included. Don't forget to later ask the bank for the foreign transaction exchange form.

I recall years back someone advised me to always put a 'reason' on the transfer documents, examples 'house building', 'house renovations', and 'school expenses', 'family support.

I did several transfers and used all of the above reasons, never experienced any delays. 

On 3/2/2021 at 5:13 PM, lkv said:

No issue under USD 50K, above that they would hold the money until you complete an additional form that is required by the Bank of Thailand. This applies on SWIFT transfers.

For Transferwise, it might be perceived as a local transfer, as other posters have commented.

Either way, there is no issue for the amount mentioned above.

I didn't have to fill out any forms when I made a SWIFT transfer from the UK. The bank called to ask me if I was happy with the exchange rate they were offering then credited it straight away.