Thailand’s Tourism Sector Seeks to Reopen Country by 1 July

webfact

22 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Did it, they are still an ugly sight around Lumpini and Rama 4 road as well as Silom and Sathon roads.

1 hour ago, RR2020 said:

Think of all those 100 year old, 90 year old, 80 year old, 70 year old, morbidly obese, sick high risk people who have been vaccinated.........all rushing to go on holiday !!!!!!!!

Meanwhile all the people with money who normally go on holiday and who are under 50 and so not vaccinated, are all not welcome.

Vaccine passport is purely a marketing ploy to get people who do not need the vaccine to take the vaccine.  Once people ignore countries demanding vaccine certification....and those countries see very few tourists coming.........watch them all change and say "no need vaccine.....come come......holiday here".

I'm 43. I've been vaccinated. I'm ready. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, webfact said:

This may, for example, include showing officially recognised proof of a Covid-19 vaccination from their home country

If this becomes a thing (and surely it wouldn't...would it?), I'll probably never set foot in Thailand again. Oh well...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SABloke said:

Because I do not live in my "home country" and have no plans to travel there in the near future, so I won't be getting a vaccine there.

I'm sure country of residence will be sufficient. I also do not live in my home country. But I've already had the vaccine. Don't think anyone's going to say you have to get vaccinated twice are they. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

OpenThailandSafely was the initiative of leading Bangkok-based private sector travel companies YAANA Ventures, Minor Group and Asian Trails.

The CEO of YAANA Ventures, Willem Niemeijer, said: “The 1 July reopening would be a strategic opportunity for Thailand to show a leadership role among Asian countries and prepare the way for a solid recovery of the Thai economy in 2022.”

Just to be clear, then. The people calling for this are four Europeans and the American born pizza guy.