Pattaya hotel at centre of online storm to offer Alternative State Quarantine

webfact

16 minutes ago, webfact said:

Complaints about the bedding were also unfounded as it was a two tier bed and the poster had taken pictures of the lower mattress without a cover. 

It wasn't a two-tier bed. It was a regular hotel bed and the box frame and not the "lower mattress" was still stained and dirty. Would you sleep on this?

bed.jpg.39fd39d087c343ca755fd877ae1f3d21.jpg

9 minutes ago, mr mr said:

i'm surprised no one has been sued yet for talking bad about it. i on the other hand have nothing but great and wonderful things to say about this hotel. 

Maybe you never stayed in the SQ Wing?

44 minutes ago, webfact said:

The poster had changed rooms three times and ended up back in their original room after complaining of a blocked toilet. They remained there for seven days. 

The logs blocked the toilet for seven days?

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, petermik said:

30 to 100k to put up with what`s reported...must be mad...disgraceful that the Hotel is allowed to stay open under those circumstances.... :sad:

It was not charged for, this was for state quarantine which was free for returning Thai nationals, the proposal moving forward was to switch to alternative state quarantine which will have to be paid.

12 minutes ago, LennyW said:

It was not charged for, this was for state quarantine which was free for returning Thai nationals, the proposal moving forward was to switch to alternative state quarantine which will have to be paid.

As the OP mentions that the hotel now will change to ASQ, you think they gonna change all the mattresses?

Or that if they do ASQ in a different part of the hotel, this ugly stinking place, will not be rented out to paying customers?

• Like 1

I went to a conference there 23 years ago and ended up in the Garden Wing. I could not believe it. Mold growing on interior and exterior walls. The room was dirty and smelled of smoke. The aircon was loud and not cool as well. We had fried eggs as a "free breakfast", cold and  rubbery, so they were not eaten. Lunch comes round and I could not believe it, the same eggs were served as "Yam Kai Dao" or egg salad.  

Luckily we were with a major government university and when the dean saw our rooms she demanded we be moved to the "Ocean Wing". She had the power after a few phone calls to get us moved.  

Dump then, and still dump now. Its only open for tour groups and Chinese patronage, that is for sure.

3 minutes ago, polpott said:

True but its also a favourite with Russian package tourists. Far superior to a Gulag.

Exactly that. At normal times there will be a procession of Russians walking up/down Sukhumvit in the baking sun to save on transportation.

One paid with his life trying to cross Sukhumvit beside the pedestrian overpath.

5 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Exactly that. At normal times there will be a procession of Russians walking up/down Sukhumvit in the baking sun to save on transportation.

One paid with his life trying to cross Sukhumvit beside the pedestrian overpath.

Yep, I use the overpass, was there days before the accident, but have regularly watched the Russians doing the chicken run across the road. Horrific, a very dangerous stretch of road.

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Complaints about the bedding were also unfounded as it was a two tier bed and the poster had taken pictures of the lower mattress without a cover. 

You mean this hotel has bunk beds?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, webfact said:

She said it would cost between 30,000 and 100,000 baht to stay at the hotel. 

I go four times a week to use the gym facilities.  They've stopped turning the A/C on so my hour turns into a Turkish bath.  Anyone recommend an alternative table tennis venue locally?

21 minutes ago, mikebell said:

I go four times a week to use the gym facilities.  They've stopped turning the A/C on so my hour turns into a Turkish bath.  Anyone recommend an alternative table tennis venue locally?

I thought there were a lot of places doing ping pong around Pattaya?

• Haha 1

I did stay at Ocean Wing three to four times in the past 3 years. Not bad at all, great pool for my toddlers, pool by the beach, another one by the breakfast room. Value for money, yes did look a bit old fashion and run down in some common areas but the rooms were clean and big enough for 2 adults and 2 kids. Only annoying thing was the pool towel's policy.

Many Russians (there are a couple of Russian runs agencies in Ocean Wing ground floor) and it was plenty of Chinese but mostly Thai families over the weekend. 

May be covid effect, may be the Garden Wing is filthy but my experience until 2019 has always been good -  better then in other Jomtien hotels for the same rate.