Vaccine Passport plan still on the horizon as Thailand readies for Area Quarantine in five tourism provinces

webfact

9 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

This is my "layman's" take, but people seem to be foaming at the mouth to push these vaccine passports, so just wondering what their justification(s) is, I mean other than cash.

They are all over 70. Look at the commercials. This and that PM and president and so on. See any over 70? They are protecting themselves and we elected them. Only old <deleted> ks in the governments 

9 hours ago, RR2020 said:

And here is the reason vaccine passports will not work.

Covid vaccines cut risk of serious illness by 80% in over-80s - BBC News

The vaccine cuts the risk of serious disease...............IT DOES NOT STOP YOU CARRYING AND SPREADING THE VIRUS.

So if any country says vaccinated people can enter with no quarantine they are in effect condemning their own people to get the virus from vaccinated tourists...............

So we can’t lock the globe down forever, what do you suggest ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, impulse said:

If they vaccinated their own population, they wouldn't have to count on vaccinated tourists.

Of course, the big issue is that most vaccine companies are headquartered in countries that impose stiff fines for bribing local officials to win business.  Which is probably why it's taking so long for Thailand to get off the dime... 

Last forecast I heard is June before they even start mass inoculation.

Thailand missed the boat on ordering vaccine, they thought they had it under control till the recent outbreaks. 
They also ‘created’ various types of visas which they thought would tempt the tourists back but all still required quarantine. I checked with one of the ASQ Hotels last week,  they had increased their prices. Does that mean they are busy or the Thai mentality if you have no customers put the prices up ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, webfact said:

He explained that AQ is what tourists want as it is cheaper than villa quarantine and provides more freedom.

No. What tourists want is what I want. Which is to travel unrestricted for leisure, without too much hassle.

Fortunately, some countries in Europe have understood this, and will accomodate my wishes this summer.

6 million UK travellers (for example), into Thailand, is pure propaganda. Greece had 4 million and they will be full of them again this summer.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Speedo1968 said:

If you can get "perfect" fake passports then what's the difficulty in getting a dodgy CoE ?

Oh, I don't know, maybe something to with it being linked to your flight and hotel bookings :coffee1:

• Like 1

I have an YELLOW FEVER passport ( Yellow color, same as the Tabian baan booklet since 20 years, its required when working in Africa on/offshore or where yellow fever is presnt( caused by a mosquito sting)Validity 10 Years.Other innuculations can be entered into the book as well,BTW I am oilrigworker for 40 years, presently on the beach= laid off, I am an Electrical supervisor on VFD/ Amphion rigs. have an decent CV/RESUME w, all qualifications, live in THAIAND.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kraxlhuber said:

I have an YELLOW FEVER passport ( Yellow color, same as the Tabian baan booklet since 20 years, its required when working in Africa on/offshore or where yellow fever is presnt( caused by a mosquito sting)Validity 10 Years.Other innuculations can be entered into the book as well,BTW I am oilrigworker for 40 years, presently on the beach= laid off, I am an Electrical supervisor on VFD/ Amphion rigs. have an decent CV/RESUME w, all qualifications, live in THAIAND.

Me too - i had the Nurse who gave me my first Covid shot here in UK enter it into the book for me.

18 minutes ago, impulse said:

.. OR measlles or TBC, or flu, or the clap

read... the VIRUS WILL BE WITH US FOR A LONG TIME( WAS HERE ALREADY for A LONG TIME) . There are thousends of mutuations.

A year ago when they first implemented the shutdowns, it was "for a couple of weeks to flatten the curve and not overwhelm the health care resources".

Here we are a year later, with no end in sight and warnings that new variants may reverse all the gains from the past year.

It's time to re-evaluate based on all the information gained over the past year.  Not just the medical data, but the economic and quality of life data.  Had they told us a year ago we'd still be in this situation today, there would have been blood in the streets before we accepted the shutdowns....Or lots of coffins too

2 hours ago, Big Yuley said:

again correct

why let all the lameass tourist into Thailand and go into quarantaine for 2 weeks, let them get their shots at home and if akkok, let them enter the land of grinning.

What about transiting first in another country, before entering (eg Thaiand)?

A vacc, alone is not an guarantee that you wont get sick of COVID19 or the variants/ mutatations.

I had stated in another forum previously,THAT THERE IS NO,POSITIVELY NO VAVV AGAINST VIRUSES AS THEY ARE MUTATING RAPIDILY.

If a dog bites you and you kick th living <deleted> out of him... he wont bite another person, for an example, .. not that I condone kicking animals, but it works, beside what are the contents of such an vacc.?Gin works for me anyday and it works against Malaria and CHININ to an certain extent, let me know what the vaccs are made off, maybe they are snake-oils ? Why we cannot produce an effective vacc against the fly.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I understand the protective nature of a vaccine.

I was specifically asking about the science, and duration, of the "effect" of a vaccinated person to transmit the virus.

The general assumption seems to be that if you are vaccinated, you are immediately rendered incapable of transmitting the virus, Just asking if this is supported by the science, and if so, for how long?

Common question

Can a vaccinated person still transmit Covid?

While getting vaccinated gives people considerable insurance against falling ill with Covid, which is sometimes fatal, if they can still get silently infected with SARS-CoV-2, they might pass it on, potentially sickening people who aren't immune.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/you-can-still-spread-develop-covid-19-after-getting-a-vaccine-what-to-know

15 hours ago, webfact said:

And when the WHO have clarified their Vaccine Passport scheme that will be the next step. 

What WHO vaccine passport scheme? I can't find any evidence that WHO is working on such a scheme and that kind of thing isn't within their remit. Is the Thai government getting the WHO mixed up with the EU? I suppose they rhyme and such bumbling incompetence is to be expected from this government.

Edited by edwardandtubs

14 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

What WHO vaccine passport scheme? I can't find any evidence that WHO is working on such a scheme and that kind of thing isn't within their remit. Is the Thai government getting the WHO mixed up with the EU? I suppose they rhyme and such bumbling incompetence is to be expected from this government.

I don’t expect you will be able to turn up at the airport and present a Covid vaccination certificate and board a flight to Thailand. Some hotels are making big bucks with ASQ. and will want some form of ‘compensation’ if quarantine ceases, they  will not make the shortfall up from returning tourists I don’t think as they won’t be returning in droves.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I understand the protective nature of a vaccine.

I was specifically asking about the science, and duration, of the "effect" of a vaccinated person to transmit the virus.

The general assumption seems to be that if you are vaccinated, you are immediately rendered incapable of transmitting the virus, Just asking if this is supported by the science, and if so, for how long?

you are NOT protective in the first 14 day and science has done the study and research.it is publish 

22 hours ago, Big Yuley said:

So the solution is what?

Keep all international borders closed forever?

A better solution would be for Thailand to open up all its borders immediately and offer itself as a health destination, a Covid-free holiday retreat.

Come to Thailand, get loads of Vitamin D in a hot, tropical virus-hostile country, and go back to your home refreshed and healthy.

They could have cashed in for a year now, and just imagine how that might have changed the global picture.

All it required was intelligence, forethought, and some courage. Which is why it never happened here.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, kraxlhuber said:

why let all the lameass tourist into Thailand and go into quarantaine for 2 weeks, let them get their shots at home and if akkok, let them enter the land of grinning.

What about transiting first in another country, before entering (eg Thaiand)?

A vacc, alone is not an guarantee that you wont get sick of COVID19 or the variants/ mutatations.

I had stated in another forum previously,THAT THERE IS NO,POSITIVELY NO VAXi.. AGAINST VIRUSES AS THEY ARE MUTATING RAPIDILY.

If a dog bites you and you kick th living <deleted> out of him... he wont bite another person, for an example, .. not that I condone kicking animals, but it works, beside what are the contents of such an vacc.?Gin works for me anyday and it works against Malaria and CHININ to an certain extent, let me know what the vaccs are made off, maybe they are snake-oils ? Why we cannot produce an effective vacc against the fly.

10 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

See todays news about a vaccination passport , I have that book since 20 years, I  and thousend others need it to renew my YELLOW FEVER INNOCULATION REQUIRED MOSTLY WHEN working on driling rigs in Africa. some news WHO is run by some blackass from 3rd world countries, they dont know jack...t about procedures.My yellow fever passport is issued by the WHO, the right hand doesnt know what the left foot is doing LOL.BTW you can get innocuated at any mayor airport, I  am an expat /extraordinary knowledgable expert ,nuff said.

Just now, kraxlhuber said:

See todays news about a vaccination passport , I have that book since 20 years, I  and thousend others need it to renew our YELLOW FEVER INNOCULATION ,REQUIRED MOSTLY WHEN working on driling rigs in Africa. ""some news;"" WHO is run by some blackass from 3rd world countries, they dont know jack...t about procedures.My yellow fever passport is issued by the WHO, the right hand doesn't know what the left foot is doing LOL.

PUN INTENDED,  BTW you can get innocuated at any mayor airport, I  am an expat /extraordinary knowledgable expert ,nuff said.

Imagine being on your 14th day mingling with other guests in your plague hotel and someone else there tests positive. Unless the population already has strong vacination coverage you aren't going to be going to far.

Until someone gives Mr 30% in charge of the Health Ministry a kick up the <deleted> this is a none starter.

On 3/2/2021 at 1:29 PM, Petey11 said:

So round it up to 6000 rooms, average 1.5 people per room, 9000 people, rotating every 2 weeks equals 18000 per month. Wonder where the 5 million comes from?

Maybe the generals who were educated at the Miliitary Academy can shed some light on it. Their education seems to be fine for "running" the country as far as they are concerned.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, sead said:

They are all over 70. Look at the commercials. This and that PM and president and so on. See any over 70? They are protecting themselves and we elected them. Only old <deleted> ks in the governments 

"They are protecting themselves and we elected them."  Just who exactly did "we" elect? The "PM" was not elected, so just who is "we"?

On 3/3/2021 at 1:12 AM, Jumbo1968 said:

I don’t expect you will be able to turn up at the airport and present a Covid vaccination certificate and board a flight to Thailand. Some hotels are making big bucks with ASQ. and will want some form of ‘compensation’ if quarantine ceases, they  will not make the shortfall up from returning tourists I don’t think as they won’t be returning in droves.

Ihave an booklet/ vaccinatio report against Yellow fever, which is virus activated by Mosquitos.

Upon checking in at an airport or at least at the immigration checkpoint at the flight dstinatio I have to show proof of innoculation against Yellow FEVER,  that innoculation had to be administeed 2 weeks prior the travel date, or else,  NO VACC= NO FIGHT. why cannot it be made the same as with COVID 19., get the shot and travel, vaidity of YF vacc is 5 years

Thousend of travellers have that Yellow Fever vacc, booklet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just now, kraxlhuber said:

I have an booklet/ vaccinatio report against Yellow fever, which is a virus activated by Mosquito bites..

Upon checking in at an airport or at least at the immigration checkpoint at the flight dstinatio I have to show proof of innoculation against Yellow FEVER,  that innoculation had to be administeed 2 weeks prior the travel date, or else,  NO VACC= NO FIGHT. why cannot it be made the same as with COVID 19., get the shot and travel, vaidity of YF vacc is 5 years

Thousend of travellers have that Yellow Fever vacc, booklet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!