How did you manage to get a proof of fully-paid hotel reservation for STV?

I am applying for the special tourist visa (STV). One requirement is, quoting https://thaiconsulatela.org/en/stv/  :

8.1  A fully-paid hotel reservation in Thailand for the whole duration of intended stay in Thailand  (after the 14-day quarantine). The reservation must be issued by the hotel showing the  duration of stay, and hotel’s contact details and tax ID number; or 

I booked a hotel via Agoda, and attached my Agoda receipt along with my hotel booking confirmation letter to my STV application. 

However, because of that my STV application has been placed on hold:

On hold: Please submit as follows to [email protected] :1) Proof of payment/ bank transfer for accommodation (after 14 days in ASQ) which has property's TAX ID number included. We will hold your application until we receive it, Please send it to us ASAP

The hotel I had booked refuses to give me any proof of payment/ bank transfer for accommodation,  because my money is in Agoda's bank account and not the hotel's bank account. I offered the hotel to book my room directly at the hotel's website but that doesn't work either because the money won't be received by the hotel till I check in. The Thai consulate also refuses to accept my bank statement showing the transfer.

How did you manage to get a proof of fully-paid hotel reservation for STV? 

If you know some hotel that provides  proof of fully-paid hotel reservation, please let me know.  Preference for hotel with cancellable booking, in case my plans change or my visa application gets rejected. 

Edited by user70

54 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I booked direct with hotel.

thanks, do you mind sharing the name of the hotel, and was your hotel cancellable? I'm looking for an hotel I could book. Also what proof you give in the visa application? receipt from hotel? bank statement? something else?

Edited by user70

42 minutes ago, user70 said:

thanks, do you mind sharing the name of the hotel, and was your hotel cancellable? I'm looking for an hotel I could book. Also what proof you give in the visa application? receipt from hotel? bank statement? something else?

I had an existing visa.

Hotel was Amara in BKK.

10 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Hotel was Amara in BKK.

thanks, looks like we can't book a stay over 30 days at Amara hotel ???? (I have the same issue in other hotels I have checked so far). I'm trying to book a stay of 70 nights so that the Thai Embassy doesn't convert my STV application into a regular tourist visa.

Edited by user70

2 minutes ago, user70 said:

thanks, looks like we can't book a stay over 30 days at Amara hotel ???? (I have the same issue in other hotels I have checked so far). I'm trying to book a stay of 70 nights so that the Thai Embassy doesn't convert my STV application into a regular tourist visa.

I'm not sure how it works but surely you only need to provide the proof of booking ASQ hotel for the 15 day durations, after that there should be no restrictions on where you go or where you chose to stay?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

you only need to provide the proof of booking ASQ hotel for the 15 day durations, after that there should be no restrictions on where you go or where you chose to stay?

For STV visa we have to provide proof of booking ASQ hotel  and proof of  a fully-paid hotel reservation in Thailand for the whole duration of intended stay in Thailand  (after the 14-day quarantine).

Just now, user70 said:

For STV visa we have to provide proof of booking ASQ hotel  and proof of  a fully-paid hotel reservation in Thailand for the whole duration of intended stay in Thailand  (after the 14-day quarantine).

wow - that's crazy.

A friend of mine recently came on a 45 Visa Exempt and only had to provide ASQ booking.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

wow - that's crazy.

I shall agree, this makes no sense (since I have to provide some proof of funds, so they'll know I have enough money to get some accommodation)

Edited by user70

3 minutes ago, user70 said:

I shall agree, this makes no sense (since I have to provide some proof of funds, so they'll know I have enough money to get some accommodation)

What's the difference between STV and Visa exempt for duration you can remain in country.

Entry for my friend on visa exempt was pretty straight forward, he stayed 45 days and i believe he could have extended.

4 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

What's the difference between STV and Visa exempt for duration you can remain in country.

A STV allows a one 90 day permit to stay and then twice a 90 day extension can be applied for. It can allow a total stay in the country of about 270 days.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

What the max you can stay in country on VE?

With a 30 day extension of it that would be 75 days of total stay now (45 day visa exempt).

Many people getting a visa exempt entry plan on applying for a 90 day non immigrant visa entry and then a one year extension of some kind.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Many people getting a visa exempt entry plan on applying for a 90 day non immigrant visa entry and then a one year extension of some kind.

Can the 90 day non immigrant visa entry be obtained for solely tourist reasons? (no retirement, no study, etc.)

2 minutes ago, user70 said:

Can the 90 day non immigrant visa entry be obtained for solely tourist reasons?

No it cannot be applied for unless you can qualify for certain extensions of stay.

• Thanks 1

I got yesterday an email from my embassy that there will be a change in "Affidavit" to renew your permission to stay.

They basically gave a form where you complete your monthly/yearly income and the Embassy confirms "YOUR SIGNATURE".

Until 30/06, no change but prove of funds required as pension or other income.

FROM 01/07, always prove of funds requested and they will only inform,  that they confirm your signature but by no means that your income is true.

That's probably the end of the "Affidavit to renew your permission to stay".

My renewal is end May.

No chance now to deposit 800k and satisfy immigration.

Since I got my last rental, end of may 2020, I transferred each month a minimum of 65,000 Baht (just in case)

Hope that the affidavit will still work and as a back-up, the 65k monthly.

15 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Can it be applied for in country?

Yes if you can qualify for a 90 day non immigrant visa entry.

A non-o can be issued for retirement and marriage to or the parent of a Thai. Non-b visa for working or teaching. A non-ed visa if attending a university and others that can are considered as formal schools. And a few others.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes if you can qualify for a 90 day non immigrant visa entry.

A non-o can be issued for retirement and marriage to or the parent of a Thai. Non-b visa for working or teaching. A non-ed visa if attending a university and others that can are considered as formal schools. And a few others.

I thought it was very hard to obtain a non O in thailand and this is why people ( myself included ) made the annual trip to Savanakhet?

What docs are required for doing non O ( based on marraige ) in country and how long does it take to process?

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I thought it was very hard to obtain a non O in thailand and this is why people ( myself included ) made the annual trip to Savanakhet?

Immigration only issues non-o visas that are valid for the day it is issued and then a 90 day entry stamp is done.

You were getting multiple entry non-o visas in Savannakhet.

5 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

What docs are required for doing non O ( based on marraige ) in country and how long does it take to process?

You must have 400k baht in a Thai bank on the day you apply. Or proof of 40k baht income.

You also need about all the same supporting documents required for a one year extension based upon marriage.

Requirments are here: https://bangkokimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/06-edit_NON-O.pdf

I think the issue of supplying the booking is that Agoda does have the tax ID for the hotel and the hotel won't give it for Agoda until paid. I believe you need to book and pay direct to the hotel now and not at check in. Then you get a confirm receipt for your application. If you have a rental agreement or own a home\condo you can supply that proof.  I believe based on what I was told by the US embassy that the hotel booking after ASQ can be shorter than the full stay they just need a confirmed paid booking 

I booked and paid for a hotel in Pattaya for 75 days (90 - 15) on Agoda when applying for my STV visa. I submitted that booking to the Embassy and they accepted it when I applied for my STV. As soon as I landed in Suvarnaphumbi, my first task was to cancel the booking and get a refund which went through with no problems. 

I have a condo in Bangkok and tried to use it as a residence for after I left quarantine but the Embassy insisted on me submitting my landlord's Tax ID number. My landlord refused to provide it and I don't blame him one bit. That is why I chose the Agoda route.

Question to the OP; which embassy are you dealing with?

Note: there are not many hotels listed on Agoda that will accept a booking over 30 days duration.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, toolpush said:

Royal Thai Consulate General in Los Angeles. At which Embassy did you apply for your STV?

Note: there are not many hotels listed on Agoda that will accept a booking over 30 days duration.

Yes I only found 1 so far.

I booked and paid for a hotel in Pattaya for 75 days (90 - 15) on Agoda when applying for my STV visa. I submitted that booking to the Embassy and they accepted it when I applied for my STV

This is great to know. Lucky you ???? I did the same but the Royal Thai Consulate General in Los Angeles refused it because they want a receipt from the hotel. I am very puzzled why the Agoda booking confirmation + my bank statement showing that the money had been moved to Agoda + the hotel letter confirming my stay were not enough. 

I have a condo in Bangkok and tried to use it as a residence for after I left quarantine but the Embassy insisted on me submitting my landlord's Tax ID number. My landlord refused to provide it and I don't blame him one bit. That is why I chose the Agoda route.

Same. Thanks very much for sharing your experience, this is really good to know that Agoda worked for you. 

Edited by user70

4 minutes ago, user70 said:

Royal Thai Consulate General in Los Angeles. At which Embassy did you apply for your STV?

Yes I only found 1 so far.

This is great to know. Lucky you ???? I did the same but the Royal Thai Consulate General in Los Angeles refused it because they want a receipt from the hotel. I am very puzzled why the Agoda booking confirmation + my bank statement showing that the money had been moved to Agoda + the hotel letter confirming my stay were not enough. 

Same. Thanks very much for sharing your experience, this is really good to know that Agoda worked for you. 

The Embassy I dealt with was in Beijing and it was in Mid -October

Do you have to stay at a hotel to qualify for a STV?  With other visa types you can be staying with friends or relatives.  If that's possible with a STV and you know someone living in Thailand, just get a letter confirming you will be staying with them.  I believe there will be evidence required - like a copy of the owner's Tabien Baan (House Registration) etc.

It may not say this is possible on the embassy's website but it could be worth asking them.

Edited by KhaoYai

On 3/3/2021 at 12:55 PM, toolpush said:

I booked and paid for a hotel in Pattaya for 75 days (90 - 15) on Agoda when applying for my STV visa. I submitted that booking to the Embassy and they accepted it when I applied for my STV. As soon as I landed in Suvarnaphumbi, my first task was to cancel the booking and get a refund which went through with no problems. 

What website did you book with to get the money back ? And what hotel was it ? i might just do that ! 

thanks 

On 3/11/2021 at 9:00 AM, Austrian26 said:

What website did you book with to get the money back ? And what hotel was it ? i might just do that ! 

thanks 

Agoda. I prefer not to name the hotel. But there are not many on Agoda that will let you book for 75 days.