How did you manage to get a proof of fully-paid hotel reservation for STV?

On 3/12/2021 at 3:23 PM, toolpush said:

Agoda. I prefer not to name the hotel. But there are not many on Agoda that will let you book for 75 days.

and how did you manage to do about tax number ? most embassys want that aswell, even though its a ridiculous requirement. 

9 hours ago, Austrian26 said:

and how did you manage to do about tax number ? most embassys want that aswell, even though its a ridiculous requirement. 

They only wanted a tax ID if not a commercial hotel. If a small guesthouse or a leased condo they wanted it.

On 3/15/2021 at 1:42 PM, toolpush said:

They only wanted a tax ID if not a commercial hotel. If a small guesthouse or a leased condo they wanted it.

The Thai embassy I applied to required a tax ID for the commercial hotel I had booked. My STV application got rejected because of that.

Edited by user70

On 3/17/2021 at 12:15 PM, user70 said:

The Thai embassy I applied to required a tax ID for the commercial hotel I had booked. My STV application got rejected because of that.

Well, as we all know, there is absolutely no consistency between Thai embassies, immigration offices or even people in the same office.

On 3/21/2021 at 1:48 PM, toolpush said:

no consistency between Thai embassies, immigration offices or even people in the same office.

True, people at my consulate disagreed on quite a few points regarding my visa application (eg on how to provide the criminal record clearance letter)

Clearly the STV is a complete waste of time and money. You could just get an SETV instead and it's highly likely you could get covid extensions right up until Thailand removes travel restrictions in October. By that time you wouldn't even be able to extend your STV nor can you convert it to another visa.

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, candide said:

Hi. Any update on this topic?Someone from my family has this problem now.

A bit late to be applying for a STV now unless that can enter before July 1st. After that day they would not be able to get an extension of the 90 day entry they would get. Immigration will no longer be doing extension for them after September 30th.

Best to just get a single entry tourist visa that allows a 60 day entry that can be extended for 30 days.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A bit late to be applying for a STV now unless that can enter before July 1st. After that day they would not be able to get an extension of the 90 day entry they would get. Immigration will no longer be doing extension for them after September 30th.

Best to just get a single entry tourist visa that allows a 60 day entry that can be extended for 30 days.

Right. The objective is to enter before July 1st in order to be able to get the 90 days extension. All documents are in order, the embassy has sent an email requiring an hotel reservation with proof of payment. Apparently, the only way is to pay for the hotel booking and then cancel it.

Edited by candide

I entered on a STV and will extend early September. I have recently read some comments on which I would appreciate clarification. I hope they are incorrect.

1. The STV will finish 30 Sept (I know that) and any extensions will only be until that date so not the 90 days I need.

2. Holders of a STV will not be entitled to get 'Covid Extensions' I appreciate this one is hypothetical but in theory can this be the case?

Many Thanks

23 minutes ago, Greenwich Boy said:

1. The STV will finish 30 Sept (I know that) and any extensions will only be until that date so not the 90 days I need.

2. Holders of a STV will not be entitled to get 'Covid Extensions' I appreciate this one is hypothetical but in theory can this be the case?

1. You can apply prior to September 30th and you will get a 90 day extension.

2. As far as I know they will not extend a entry from a STV for 60 days when applying for a covid 19 extension.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Greenwich Boy said:

The "covid extensions" aren't limited to any visa type, so should be possible to get with the STV as well.

• Thanks 1