What's This Mini EV?

12 minutes ago, Greenside said:

Seen in Chiang Mai yesterday.  I wasn't quite close enough to get the very small print on the the rear plate.  The company was "K (something) Gallery"

vlcsnap-2021-03-02-10h20m19s102_cr.png

vlcsnap-2021-03-02-10h20m44s533_cr.png

Maybe a Willing HongGuang from china which have out sold Tesla obviously because of price. 

Thanks, I think you're right.  It looked like a really interesting little city car: when it joined traffic in front of me it seemed to keep up with the flow without apparent effort and I followed it into a local shopping plaza in the hope that it was going to park but it just used the space to U-turn so I didn't get a chance to get a closer view.  I see SCP has a branch not far away so I'll stop by and take a look for fun.  If those vehicles aren't street legal then where's the market other than a novel way to show people around housing developments etc?

26 minutes ago, Greenside said:

If those vehicles aren't street legal then where's the market other than a novel way to show people around housing developments etc?

I think the people just don't care that they aren't street legal (maybe they are? I've seen a few of them, but never with a license plate, so I assume they can't be).

If you only drive around in an area without police checkpoints (currently there are no police checkpoints anyway...), then this works.

I think for older people who don't feel safe driving a motorcycle, that's actually a good option for them to be able to get around. The weather protection is also not bad, but could use an option to open the front window so that it doesn't become too hot when the sun is shining.