A passport to go to the bar? Intriguing possibility of "vaccine passport" to visit entertainment venues in Thailand

webfact

22 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It's almost like the Junta wants to close all entertainment venues.

Or at the least make them unprofitable.

As long as I don't need a vaccination passport to load up with booze at Makro, I'm good to go.

If only I could order online, I wouldn't even need to go out ......... but they banned online alcohol sales.

Haven't they banned publicity of alcohol as well?

I see the premier league on TRUE and there is always a beer company publicity popping up.

11 minutes ago, internationalism said:

but already existing 2 thai applications, as well as a new one for foreign tourists, are much better options, because they can actually trace spread of virus.

and data about vax or being ill or positive in the past can be incorporated in those applications.

plus the unique applications for Phuket and Chiang Mai provinces, and probably others I've not heard about.

How many can your smart phone handle, if you've actually got one.

Turn it the other way round are the 20 customers and staff going to get a message "Infected person approaching shut the door quick".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

Get yours in 48hours, delivered to your home, free of charge.

Free upgrade: Chose the colour of your "get out of jail" passport.

We can add for a small fee, additional conditions such as:

Access to massage parlours,

Access to happy .... things,

Access to farang bars.

Get your now from Zalada direct for 9,999Baht, all inclusive.

668034EB-55FD-43F9-838E-A0E27AC91255_4_5005_c.jpeg

Does it come with money off vouchers

11 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

Haven't they banned publicity of alcohol as well?

I see the premier league on TRUE and there is always a beer company publicity popping up.

Ah, that “bao bao, bao bao” commercial for Leo. A boring ride in the elevator at work somehow ends in a pool party. At the end the announcer says “Soda Leo”, as the text below the logo reads “Leo Soda Water”. That is what they’re merely advertising. Same with the young rapper who takes a swig of his “Soda Singha”. Purely innocent carbonated water. Heh.

Of course, every Thai knows that soda water is intended to be mixed with liquor, and you’re also supposed to purchase the matching Leo and Singha beers.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

The conservatives in government have repeatedly stated their aim to reduce the visible sex-for-sale industry and to try and move the country on from a reliance on sex-tourism.

The future is busloads of Chinese following a man with a cuddly toy on a stick. 

Who do the Russian tourists follow?, The overweight Russian lady in the babushka taking them around seeing the sites and then taking them to the all you can eat Borscht cafe?.

17 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

Does it come with money off vouchers

Yep, just like the famous Disneyland e-ticket books of years gone by.....wonder if the bargirls would give an e-ticket ride for a voucher.

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You mix beer with soda water?

Mix the soda water with liquor for some cocktails. Then after a few cocktails, switch to beer. Or vice versa. Too many cocktails and I start getting headaches, not to mention tipsy too quick, too much beer and I get bloated. I know some don’t like this, and stick with one or the other, but not I.

Edited by CrunchWrapSupreme
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, nightfox said:

Nothing new as they already started doing that in Israel for people who already received the full vaccine and have proof can enter bars, restaurants gyms etc....Like or not eventually it will be the new norm.

However I believe that a very significant number of Israelis have already been vaccinated, by their national healthcare system. 

How many have,to date, been vaccinated here?

13 minutes ago, BritManToo said:
15 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Of course, every Thai knows that soda water is intended to be mixed with liquor, and you’re also supposed to purchase the matching Leo and Singha beers.

You mix beer with soda water?

Shandy aint bad ????

1 hour ago, nightfox said:

Nothing new as they already started doing that in Israel for people who already received the full vaccine and have proof can enter bars, restaurants gyms etc....Like or not eventually it will be the new norm.

in a few years from now it will be as easy as just walking into the place you want to go. the sensor will automatically detect your phone and scan you in or out. it will be required to get into any and all of the things you listed.  hotels. trains. planes. etc etc etc

there will be hold outs and the not me crowd. but eventually even to renew ID or a passport or anything in your life. you will require that sweet sweet qr code. many here will not live that long but there are some of us that will. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1