A passport to go to the bar? Intriguing possibility of "vaccine passport" to visit entertainment venues in Thailand

webfact

2 hours ago, nightfox said:

Nothing new as they already started doing that in Israel for people who already received the full vaccine and have proof can enter bars, restaurants gyms etc....Like or not eventually it will be the new norm.

Yes, but in a country with excellent vaccination progress.

They will likely be able to offer vaccination to every citizen in short time.

And that is an absolute precondition for forcing such measures.

If the Thai vaccination progresses like now it will take decades.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

and possibly no happy ending ever if the staff have not been vaccinated and you catch it from them.

If they are vaccinated you still catch it from them.  In fact they can still catch it too, it's just that their immune system has had time to learn to fight back because it's been injected with a disabled punch doll version of the virus via a vaccine.

I wish people would just think for a minute...they have 1440 chances every single day.

Edited by Shiver
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

A passport to go to the bar? Intriguing possibility of "vaccine passport" to visit entertainment venues in Thailand

3pm.jpg

Picture: The Standard

It may not be only international travel that is affected by plans being mulled and put into place in several countries for "vaccine passports".

They may have an impact on what people can do with ease domestically.

Thai news site The Standard rounded-up the latest situation regarding vaccine passports.

In their preamble they said that once you needed a visa to visit a country. But the pandemic changed much of that.

After Covid-19 took the world by surprise you needed a "Covid-19 free certificate" to travel.

Now it is increasingly looking like you might need proof of having been vaccinated before you can go abroad.

But as they pointed out the so-called vaccine passport is not just for international movement.

Such a document could be mandated to enter places where large numbers of people congregate in close proximity.

That would mean "the entertainment industry and sporting events" as The Standard pointed out.

So it might be necessary to hold a document to go to a pub, beer bar or disco in the future.

That would mean an even greater urgency to get vaccinated for people who enjoy a beverage or a night out.

The article did not say that this was yet being mulled in Thailand but it appears that all suggestions are currently on the table.

The Ministry of Public Health have already published infographics of the step by step process of how vaccination will work.

This includes online notifications of jabs and other protocols about receiving vaccinations. A step-by-step way forward has been announced.

The Standard noted that Israel has already issued a "Green Pass" that is a kind of vaccine passport (VP) that appears to be for internal use.

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-03-02

Seriously!!!!!

3 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

Get yours in 48hours, delivered to your home, free of charge.

Free upgrade: Chose the colour of your "get out of jail" passport.

We can add for a small fee, additional conditions such as:

Access to massage parlours,

Access to happy .... things,

Access to farang bars.

Get your now from Zalada direct for 9,999Baht, all inclusive.

668034EB-55FD-43F9-838E-A0E27AC91255_4_5005_c.jpeg

NOW availible in khao san road

• Sad 1

Israelis know how to get things done efficiently and a vast majority of their population is already inoculated. They enforce laws, have an orderly society, made the vaccine available to all, regardless of nationality and without a doubt the passport was ready for distribution quickly. Farangs are at the bottom of the vaccine distribution list in Thailand  (If there is any) so don’t hold you breath.

Well if they start doing this, I am going to load up a 5 year supply of Mama noodles and my shotgun and head into the mountains.  It would be all the evidence I need to know that society has lost its marbles.

There is a lot of magical thinking about the vaccines.  Even doctors on CNN say that a vaccine shot makes you immune!  A vaccine is a magic potion to many people.   Dr. Tony Fauci explained the vaccines at great length on Front Line.  I recommend people watch it.  Personally, I want the J & J vaccine.  Its efficacy is that 69 days after injection, there are zero hospitalizations from the virus.  

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

What about the massage parlor?  Sorry handsome, no happy ending for you without your vaccine passport.

I can see this becoming a big earner for Thailand.... I wonder how much they will charge for your passport.

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Ahh come on dont be too hard on them, some bright spark actually thinks he/she is a genius coming up with that.????????

It's a money-maker for some government office... you think they're joking.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, apetryxx said:

Israelis know how to get things done efficiently and a vast majority of their population is already inoculated. They enforce laws, have an orderly society

Not sure where you're getting this from, there have been multiple reports of mass of lockdown violations (religious funerals and secular parties) and the initial vaccinations were so badly handled epidemiologists didn't understand why the data showed infection risk increasing for the first few days after vaccination :

Here we extract the primary data from the Israeli paper and then estimate the incidence per day for each day after the first injection and also estimate vaccine effectiveness for each day from day 13 to day 24. ... After initial injection case numbers increased to day 8 before declining to low levels by day 21. ... The cause of the initial surge in infection risk is unknown but may be related to people being less cautious about maintaining protective behaviours as soon as they have the injection.

The government (& populace) severely mishandled the non-pharmaceutical interventions & relied on mass vaccination with basically a single vaccine (based on a 'platform' or drug delivery system with a very short safety record) to pull their iron out of the fire.

Sure, it's now paying off. But turning your entire population into subjects of a Phase III clinical trial was quite a gamble, I were an Israeli with an inkling of this, I'd be extremely peed off.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

What about the massage parlor?  Sorry handsome, no happy ending for you without your vaccine passport.

Just think off all the extra costs that’s going to be attached ,due to Covid regulations 

For my understanding of vaccination a mandatory immune passport for the host / hostess  is pretty more safe for the country than a immune passport of the customer - perfect when both parts are immune. 

5 hours ago, nightfox said:

Nothing new as they already started doing that in Israel for people who already received the full vaccine and have proof can enter bars, restaurants gyms etc....Like or not eventually it will be the new norm.

Tend to agree. Smacks a little of big brother controlling the masses though, but would I feel happier knowing everyone in a bar, club etc has been vaccinated against Covid ? I don't actually think I would. Providing I knew I was technically immune the only advantage I can see is there would be far less chance of contracting Covid if everyone at the venue had been vaccinated rather than contracting Covid from an non-vaccinated person even if I only got mild, non life threating form of the virus. As you say, possibly the new norm but a logistical nightmare updating every time you have a booster for a new variant, staff on the ball, back handers to get in, checking forgeries and on it goes..