A passport to go to the bar? Intriguing possibility of "vaccine passport" to visit entertainment venues in Thailand

webfact

1 minute ago, KhaoYai said:

All you people dissing vaccines etc. - what's your proposals for getting back to some form of normal then?  The world can't stay locked down forever.

I'd have never shut the world down in the first place.

Locking down those at risk (or those afraid) would have seemed the sensible option.

As the Greenies keep saying too many people in the world, so why not let a few die?

Edited by BritManToo

6 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

The idiocy reaches new levels. 

I honestly think they are so thick they think they are geniuses. 

So true, but Thailand is just a puppet in the hands of the global Covid junta just like the rest of the world's countries. You must submit, like it or not.

Edited by hugocnx
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

"Welcome to Crazy House Bangkok. Do you have your boom boom passport?" 

"My what?"  

Its on the backside of the backstage pass I have hanging around my neck, it also has the aforementioned tear off certificates for use as an incentive to carrying out __________. (Just fill in what you are taking out)....lol

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

What about the massage parlor?  Sorry handsome, no happy ending for you without your vaccine passport.

now comes a new business field for the legendary KhaoSarn Street printer fakers: the fake vaccine pass...

• Sad 1

Intriguing possibility of "vaccine passport"

I wonder what's so intriguing about that. Now suppose half of a country gets vaccinated and can go everywhere they want and the rest can NOT. What good would that do to business? It's just another trick to get you submitted to a questionable jab.

And then, looking at the amount of vaccins ordered, how many and when will countries be able to get 'all' vaccinated. That means at least 'all' minus 1.....ok, and maybe the MP.

• Sad 1

Great, super and fantastic, absolutely no problem at all, just one small request, could I possibly please see all the staffs passports please as I am certain that all your bar girls have priority over the generals, politicians etc. and you are running a nice safe vaccinated service ... oh and the taxi driver who will be taking me home later etc etc ????????????

'Vaccination passports' or passports with vaccination information attached (more accurate nomenclature) is not a new concept. Since the Spanish Flu in early of 1917 saw the first awarenesses of the need for beginning inter-frontier passport/travel being made mandatory. There have been events since that terrible pandemic that saw the progressive growth of vaccination information on passports to enter other countries e.g. travel becoming more common with the invention faster more reliable travel, large migration at the end of the first world war, and other social changes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccination_requirements_for_international_travel

https://www.globalpolicyjournal.com/blog/27/04/2020/immunity-passports-new-old-idea-baggage

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaxxper said:

Somebody must lay awake at night thinking this stuff up....555

They sit all day in conference rooms. Their job is to think of something to show  they are doing something. Doesn't matter what. They are bureaucrats. 

I've been in these rooms. They often don't have a clue what they are talking about.  Yet, tomorrow there will be another announcement.  And so on.

1 hour ago, hugocnx said:

Intriguing possibility of "vaccine passport"

I wonder what's so intriguing about that. Now suppose half of a country gets vaccinated and can go everywhere they want and the rest can NOT. What good would that do to business? It's just another trick to get you submitted to a questionable jab.

And then, looking at the amount of vaccins ordered, how many and when will countries be able to get 'all' vaccinated. That means at least 'all' minus 1.....ok, and maybe the MP.

Good points!

But why is your text so tiny?

Edited by owl sees all

1 hour ago, thurien said:

now comes a new business field for the legendary KhaoSarn Street printer fakers: the fake vaccine pass...

The health passports being rolled put have nothing to do with a "bit of paper" that can be printed out by Khao San Road fakirs. One would have to infiltrate and corrupt secure databases to upload fake data from nonexistent clinics.

Why not just get your jabs? Most foreigners who come to Thailand would never forge documents. As usual, 3 percent or so are the cause of all problems and they will soon be driven out. This is a major initiative will be expanded to include other data sets of interest to countries would care to exclude certain undesirable elements.

https://www.iata.org/en/programs/passenger/travel-pass/

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, sead said:

Perhaps better to have a Gonorrhoea, HPV, Chlamydia, Hiv passport if you go to the bar

Ha! But anyone who doesn't have HIV according to a test could in fact have caught it in the meantime and due to the nature of early infection be very contagious. The only people 100 % guaranteed not to be infectious are people confirmed to have HIV who are on anti retroviral therapy and have evidence of a blood test reporting an undetectable viral load. These people are not infectious , not something that a covid vaccine passport holder could ever claim to be true.

7 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

The idiocy reaches new levels. 

I honestly think they are so thick they think they are geniuses. 

You refer to "they" . Who do you mean? My reading of the story is that it was a conjecture by the writer based on the real possibility that people might need to show proof of vaccination to do certain things like gather in large social settings or settings at close quarters. A perfectly reasonable hypothesis. 

The IATA , an international airline group is working on an APP called Travel Pass. Beta with 3 mid east airlines in Feb 2021. Expects to be out in March, 2021. Has facial recognition to preclude impostors. If accepted by most airlines, seems to be solution to universality of problem.

2 minutes ago, BostonRob2 said:

You refer to "they" . Who do you mean? My reading of the story is that it was a conjecture by the writer based on the real possibility that people might need to show proof of vaccination to do certain things like gather in large social settings or settings at close quarters. A perfectly reasonable hypothesis. 

The more paperwork Thailand requires to enter, the less tourists it will get.

What do they want so far,

covid insurance, health insurance, certificate of entry, fit to fly, VISA, 14 day quarantine, receipt for holiday accommodation ..... now add vaccination passport.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, BostonRob2 said:

Ha! But anyone who doesn't have HIV according to a test could in fact have caught it in the meantime and due to the nature of early infection be very contagious. The only people 100 % guaranteed not to be infectious are people confirmed to have HIV who are on anti retroviral therapy and have evidence of a blood test reporting an undetectable viral load. These people are not infectious , not something that a covid vaccine passport holder could ever claim to be true.

There is no 100 percent. There are only science based mitigation strategies. Otherwise, shutdown international travel forever. Data coming out for example from Israel show even if infected after vaccination the viral load deep in the throat and nasopharyngeal cavity is negligible. It takes a certain kind of pessimism to state transmission is not reduced with vaccines that produce up to 95 percent immune response.

but the covid passport is valid only for me that I go to the pub bar I have a massage room ??, and for the owner of the bar the bartenders the waitresses the cashiers the dishwashers the bouncers the parking attendants the masseuses, they too have all the covid passports? without forgetting the taxi drivers the tuk tuk drivers street sweepers will also be obliged to have a covid passport for them ???? just so to know first and prepare me

55 minutes ago, rucker4012 said:

Has facial recognition to preclude impostors.

That's going to be interesting because a recent NIST study found that:

For one-to-one matching, most systems had a higher rate of false positive matches for Asian and African-American faces over Caucasian faces, sometimes by a factor of 10 or even 100.

Idiocy knows know bounds. The implementation issues associated with a globally interoperable and secure digital cert (that has both validity and integrity) are not insignificant. Not to mention the fact that there are currently no fewer than 6+ different vaccines (worldwide) being administrated... Some different vastly effectiveness. Which ones would be recognized as legit. Seems like a non starter. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BostonRob2 said:

These people are not infectious , not something that a covid vaccine passport holder could ever claim to be true.

They could on the basis of periodic testing - which is exactly what confirms low viral load in people on HAART, whose viral load would increase if they go off their meds for a while.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

The more paperwork Thailand requires to enter, the less tourists it will get.

What do they want so far,

covid insurance, health insurance, certificate of entry, fit to fly, VISA, 14 day quarantine, receipt for holiday accommodation ..... now add vaccination passport.

A padlock on your lower parts.

10 hours ago, webfact said:

A passport to go to the bar? Intriguing possibility of "vaccine passport" to visit entertainment venues in Thailand

yeah, intriguing, but there's a solution! if i haven't got any, my neighbour will lend me his

9 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

Get yours in 48hours, delivered to your home, free of charge.

Free upgrade: Chose the colour of your "get out of jail" passport.

We can add for a small fee, additional conditions such as:

Access to massage parlours,

Access to happy .... things,

Access to farang bars.

Get your now from Zalada direct for 9,999Baht, all inclusive.

668034EB-55FD-43F9-838E-A0E27AC91255_4_5005_c.jpeg

Can I get a discount if I order in 6 different colours?