Change of visa from TR to non-O retirement - how long does it take?

Gday,

Applied at the Samui immigration office for change of visa around 2 weeks ago and they told me it can take "up to 1 month". Initially they told me that this change is "not possible", but after I insisted they finally took my documents and said they have to send it to Hat Yai for review.

My TR visa is expiring soon and if I don't get this change of visa on time I'm thinking of getting 2 months covid extension and get the <deleted> out of here.

I have all the required documentation in place and well over 800k baht transferred from overseas.

I've seen somewhere that it can take up to 15 days to get the visa changed, but 1 month? How long it took to do your visa change?

How much did you pay for this service?

Should have been 2,000 Baht for the change to Non Imm O Visa and 1,900 Baht for the 12 month extension assuming they did both which I doubt as you would need a medical certificate.

What date did they stamp in your passport for you to return?

Samui Immigration has always been known to live in it's own little world.

I assume you paid 2000 baht for a 90 day non-o visa entry and paid the 2000 baht fee for it.

The about a month they stated is for the time it takes for it to be approved by immigration division 6 in Hat Yai.

Then you will return to get non-o visa stamp and a 90 day permit to stay from the visa the next step is then to apply for a one year extension of stay based upon retirement at immigration. At that time the 800k baht will need to be in the bank for 2 months. The fee for the extension will be 1900 baht.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume you paid 2000 baht for a 90 day non-o visa entry and paid the 2000 baht fee for it.

The about a month they stated is for the time it takes for it to be approved by immigration division 6 in Hat Yai.

Then you will return to get non-o visa stamp and a 90 day permit to stay from the visa the next step is then to apply for a one year extension of stay based upon retirement at immigration. At that time the 800k baht will need to be in the bank for 2 months. The fee for the extension will be 1900 baht.

Thanks ubonjoe. I entered Thailand on 60 days SETV and then applied for a visa change to 90 days non-O retirement, paid 2000 baht. My SETV expires in less than 2 weeks, hopefully I'll get the non-o by then, otherwise need to get 60 days covid extension and then continue to wait for the non-O visa.

8 minutes ago, gearbox said:

My SETV expires in less than 2 weeks, hopefully I'll get the non-o by then, otherwise need to get 60 days covid extension and then continue to wait for the non-O visa.

You will have the visa stamp within the next 2 weeks. Normal is about 3 weeks at the most.

If not they would do a under consideration stamp in your passport with a report back date on it.

Archived