Pattaya: Vaccinations point to improvements in tourism by year's end - back to normal after that!

webfact

10 hours ago, webfact said:

He told the media that he expected tourism in Pattaya to improve in the fourth quarter (from October) and after that things will be well on the way to getting back to normal.

We've been assured by leaders world-wide that the only "normal" will be the WEF's vision of a New Normal.  Digital IDs, tracking passports, travel restrictions, complete loss of privacy, etc...

• Like 1

On 3/2/2021 at 1:29 PM, tingtong said:

News, and hopes.

The truth is in mathematics.

Even if 200.000 a week get the vaccine, that is a lot longer than a year to get to the 65%.

The truth is in the numbers, however, your numbers are not quite correct, but not far off.

Thailand has approximately 70 million population.

70,000,000 x 65% = 45,500,000

From March to the end of December is 10 months.  10 x 30 days = 300 days.

45 500 000 people / 300 days = 156, 666 people needing to be vaccinated, every single day, for 300 days straight.  Miss a day, or do not vaccinate the 150,000, and the figures blow out.  

How many hundreds of thousands are they already behind in the first 5 days of March?

There will be no tourism here until well into 2022, possibly into 2023.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Leaver said:

The truth is in the numbers, however, your numbers are not quite correct, but not far off.

Thailand has approximately 70 million population.

70,000,000 x 65% = 45,500,000

From March to the end of December is 10 months.  10 x 30 days = 300 days.

45 500 000 people / 300 days = 156, 666 people needing to be vaccinated, every single day, for 300 days straight.  Miss a day, or do not vaccinate the 150,000, and the figures blow out.  

How many hundreds of thousands are they already behind in the first 5 days of March?

There will be no tourism here until well into 2022, possibly into 2023.  

Your last sentence is rubish.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Your last sentence is rubish.

Well, always great content from you, Harry.  

Care to say why the last sentence is rubbish, if you agree with the other sentences?  ????

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Leaver said:

Care to say why the last sentence is rubbish, if you agree with the other sentences?

Because that is about tourism not vaccinations and uses the word 'NO' which suggests zero. There are tourists coming into Thailand every day now. 

• Like 1

On 3/6/2021 at 6:45 AM, jacko45k said:

Because that is about tourism not vaccinations and uses the word 'NO' which suggests zero. There are tourists coming into Thailand every day now. 

Nice spin on the words, but the tourism industry is tied to the vaccination rate. 

No tourists vaccinated, means no tourists.

No Thai's vaccinated, means no tourists.

On 3/6/2021 at 8:24 AM, HashBrownHarry said:

It's utter pants 2023 - too funny.

What is Thailand's current vaccination rate?

It's well know that to reach herd immunity at least 65% of a population must be vaccinated.  

How long do you think it will take Thailand to reach that level?

Just now, HashBrownHarry said:

Rubbish, there's tourists arriving every day.

How many, approximately?  

The amount arriving is hardly a tourism industry, and most of them are long stayers or returning expats.  

1 minute ago, Leaver said:

What is Thailand's current vaccination rate?

It's well know that to reach herd immunity at least 65% of a population must be vaccinated.  

How long do you think it will take Thailand to reach that level?

Don't know

Ok, if you say so

Don't know

Do you know any of the answers?

4 minutes ago, Leaver said:

How many, approximately?  

The amount arriving is hardly a tourism industry, and most of them are long stayers or returning expats.  

No they're not, i know 3 people that have been here for 4-6 week holiday and i don't know a lot of people.

I don't know how many, i don't have access to those numbers, do you?

1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

No they're not, i know 3 people that have been here for 4-6 week holiday and i don't know a lot of people.

I don't know how many, i don't have access to those numbers, do you?

How long is their holiday?  

Take a look at Swampy's website.  Not many flights landing, compared to pre covid.  

12 hours ago, Leaver said:

Nice spin on the words, but the tourism industry is tied to the vaccination rate. 

No tourists vaccinated, means no tourists.

No Thai's vaccinated, means no tourists.

Just justifying another's comment you questioned. 

8 hours ago, Leaver said:

Are the people flying in now actually "tourists?"  

I expects some are, those with time enough to chuck it away in quarantine, and also having some desperation. But I expect a high percentage are long term stayers, the types who are retired here, or spend winter here. 

15 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I expects some are, those with time enough to chuck it away in quarantine, and also having some desperation. But I expect a high percentage are long term stayers, the types who are retired here, or spend winter here. 

So, that high percentage of long stayers are not actually tourists.  

10 hours ago, Leaver said:

So, that high percentage of long stayers are not actually tourists.  

I do not see why I need exclude someone who stays here for 3-4 months from the moniker of tourist. Those retired here, living here while working here or in other countries, certainly

On 3/14/2021 at 7:33 AM, jacko45k said:

I do not see why I need exclude someone who stays here for 3-4 months from the moniker of tourist. Those retired here, living here while working here or in other countries, certainly

People staying here 3 to 4 months do not tend to stay in hotels.  They tend to rent a condo.  They shop at supermarkets and cook at home.  They don't do / see the typical tourist things, most probably because they have seen and done them in the past. 

These long stayers live pretty much like an expat, but are here temporarily.