Chest CT Scan - Advice

ignis

At my Hospital yesterday normal 4 months blood work [Diabetic]

The CT department is closed [cleaning] till end of month and large backup said Dr.....  

He gave me a headed Hospital Order sheet signed by himself..........  'CT Chest without contrast'  - Lung nodule from CXR

The Dr said to go to any clinic/Hospital to get it done, that was yesterday, I was to go back with the results today, tried 7 different places around my area.. All said I have to make an appointment to see there Drs 1st...  I am also registered at 2 other local Hospitals both do not do  CT Scans for non in patients  ??  +  Sai Noi Government Hospital said on the phone they do not do CT Scans [is that normal for a Hospital ?]

CT Scan at my Hospital  = 5.250 baht, all the others that I tried and can do = between 9,700 - 12,000 + there Dr fees  600 - 1.500. !!

just 1 x Hospital will give me an appointment tomorrow,  but will I get everything done the same day  ?  have made appointment again at my Hospital for Thursday, cannot get there again until mid next week.  my Hospital takes 2 hours to get to + same to get back, next door works at the Hospital 3 days a week so go with them at 04:30..

Is it just the Receptionist that cannot see my Dr order  that I must have an appointment to see there Dr first ?

Edited by ignis

You certainly cannot get a CT at a hospital without it being ordered by a doctor there first. And some smaller hospitals can't do it, period.

Where you can get a CT done without needing to first see a doctor is at a stand-alone imaging center.

I assume from the reference to Sai Noi Hospital that you are in Nonthaburi area.  There is an imaging center in Bang Khae and also one on Rattanathibet Road, see here:

https://www.mrithailand.com/en/contact-us-2/

Ct of the chest without contrast would probably cost  in the range of 6,000 - 8,000 baht but call them to find out exactly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

You certainly cannot get a CT at a hospital without it being ordered by a doctor there first. And some smaller hospitals can't do it, period.

Where you can get a CT done without needing to first see a doctor is at a stand-alone imaging center.

I assume from the reference to Sai Noi Hospital that you are in Nonthaburi area.  There is an imaging center in Bang Khae and also one on Rattanathibet Road, see here:

https://www.mrithailand.com/en/contact-us-2/

Ct of the chest without contrast would probably cost  in the range of 6,000 - 8,000 baht but call them to find out exactly.

Many Thanks will Call now

Again many thanks, total cost 4,000 baht, + CD, + the 5 X-Rays/ Image scans + the report

All is good........... off to see my Dr with the images + results now.. 

Edited by ignis
  • Like 2