Adopting a soi dog has been good for my health.

Just now, CharlieH said:

Well it certainly makes them more territorial thats for sure. Anything or anyone coming near the entrance is quickly met by all 4. Didnt intend on 4, went for a pup after my dog died (old age) and couldnt split them, so took the 3 home...5555. 

been there and done that. 

• Like 2

Most dogs I have seen in Thailand appear to be infested with fleas and ticks and are scratching themselves non stop . Do any of you dog lovers take your dogs to the vets for treatment of fleas ? ( I have seen a mauve coloured spray on dogs backs )   or do you treat them yourself with Frontline ?

Also does anyone know how to stop dogs attacking people on bikes or motorcycles ? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, superal said:

Most dogs I have seen in Thailand appear to be infested with fleas and ticks and are scratching themselves non stop . Do any of you dog lovers take your dogs to the vets for treatment of fleas ? ( I have seen a mauve coloured spray on dogs backs )   or do you treat them yourself with Frontline ?

Also does anyone know how to stop dogs attacking people on bikes or motorcycles ? 

Bravecto is the best against ticks and fleas . A little expensive , but worth it , good for at least 6 month .

Carry some dry dog food in a small container on your bike , all soi dogs are hungry . Throw some to them when they annoy you , they will be too busy picking it up to follow you .

Next time you come around , they might be waiting for food , but won't be aggressive ...

Edited by nobodysfriend

In Sattahip and looking to adopt a dog. Need a female that isn't too large and won't jump on wife (she paralyzed on one side) last girl was chihuahua, Bangkok chick puppy who was wifes best friend for 14 years, she passed right before we retired here. The Thai ladies in Texas called her my Mira Noy....Would like a rescue but no idea where to start looking...