Adopting a soi dog has been good for my health.

3 hours ago, superal said:

Most dogs I have seen in Thailand appear to be infested with fleas and ticks and are scratching themselves non stop . Do any of you dog lovers take your dogs to the vets for treatment of fleas ? ( I have seen a mauve coloured spray on dogs backs )   or do you treat them yourself with Frontline ?

Also does anyone know how to stop dogs attacking people on bikes or motorcycles ? 

More common is endex 4000 in Thailand i red some time ago in tvf.

About stopping attacking, is more difficult. You should raise your dog from when it is a puppy

YOU are the leader and YOU teach him things. IF you dont then the dog could have his own way.

More difficult to stop the unwanted behaviors, but you can do a lot with a dog. They are amazing creatures.

See youtube Cesar Millan

• Thanks 1

On 3/2/2021 at 3:33 PM, CharlieH said:

I go to an exercise park and cycle most days and there are usually Thai people exercising there dogs around the circuit on leads etc.

I emphasise though these dogs I have seen are not soi dogs, they are clearly quality "pure breed" dogs like Husky etc not mongrels. Never seen a  typical soi dog on a lead.

On lead, you will see the farang who walks with his much younger GF because she is scared, he will get lost or someone else will see the "handsome" qualities.

18 hours ago, superal said:

Also does anyone know how to stop dogs attacking people on bikes or motorcycles ? 

I have seen here many times, at first I couldn't figure it out and thought it was cruel, hanging down from the dogs collar down to about it's knees, anything as wide as the front legs, like a tree branch or plastic container, I believe the idea is that the dog can not pick up it's front legs enough without hitting it to break into a run. I think they learn from this and can be put back again if they don't learn by something heavier. Eventually they get to understand it.

• Thanks 1