Thai army medic in South Sudan dismissed after trying to sell fake COVID-19 vaccine

webfact

When I was in the military, there was no crime considered lower than that of Stealing from your own.

No 'moved to an inactive post' for him. ''The officer was fired from military service and stripped of his medical license, said the supreme commander''.

That, in itself is a pretty severe punishment.

Edited by Moonlover

49 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Ergo my comment

"I feel sorry for his fellow troops who may have gone and done something that could have compromised themselves believing they were vaccinated."

It's a Thai thing, let them worry about it!

57 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

From the linked article, 3 months+ later ...

Don't they have Military Police here?

Making it official by charging him would be no good for keeping it under the radar, the fact that he just slipped away and refused to report to his superior says it all. They took the easy option of discharging him, job done.

1 minute ago, PatOngo said:

Anyone with half a brain would know that! 

The vaccine is clear, so how would anyone know? 

I am sure you do not check all the labels of the injectables which have been administered to you by person you trusted

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RJRS1301 said:

The vaccine is clear, so how would anyone know? 

I am sure you do not check all the labels of the injectables which have been administered to you by person you trusted

Does water come with a batch number? With a company brand name? Or would you be ok with 'tap' brand?

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Does water come with a batch number? With a company brand name? Or would you be ok with 'tap' brand?

Yes, the sterile water does on each ampoule, and some are multidrawn small bottles with rubber stoppers , holding about 20 mls

however since he probably drew the liquid up with syringes  away from the recipient, why would they check, they trusted him.

Do you ask your doctor to check the ampoule the injectable came in ?

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

I have chemo and immuno therapy regularly, I check every batch that goes into me! It looks like water too!

Well you would be one on the extremely few who do, and mostly the chemo is drawn up away from clients and then run through in the drip or the however the chosen method of administration. Many years in medical field and never once was I asked by a client to view the container/ampoule label 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RJRS1301 said:

. Many years in medical field and never once was I asked by a client to view the container/ampoule label 

That's how the not so bright get duped with H2O! Astrazeneca, Pfiser, Johnson & Johnson, Sinovac Moonshine. It's not rocket science!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

I have chemo and immuno therapy regularly, I check every batch that goes into me! It looks like water too!

That is very sensible. I am not one that blindly trusts the medical profession,  as so many do, to their detriment. 

• Thanks 2