Thai PM orders study on 'vaccine passports' to boost tourism

webfact

8 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

I cannot see how this will benefit Thailand as it is the rest of the world that need to adopt a means of registration for a passport/certificate for travelers to come to Thailand. Then Thailand to drop it's quarantine restrictions.

5 hours ago, hioctane said:

US is expected to have enough supply to vaccinate adults by May... Get moving Thailand!  Figure out a way to make vaccine passports happen. The Middle East is already testing a version. Maybe Thailand can just piggyback off it.

In middle east this is already a reality, in Bahrain where I work I have the vaccination certificate available in two forms one in digital form that comes within a goverment application on the phone and the second in the standard booklet that shows all the vaccinations taken.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, capriole said:

In middle east this is already a reality, in Bahrain where I work I have the vaccination certificate available in two forms one in digital form that comes within a goverment application on the phone and the second in the standard booklet that shows all the vaccinations taken.

That sounds way to easy, not much scope for fleecing the tourists ...............LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Geoffggi said:

That sounds way to easy, not much scope for fleecing the tourists ...............LOL

That is a different concept which as we all know Thais have mastered very well ????

Edited by capriole
Spelling
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, John Drake said:

How valid will the Thai vaccine "passport" be if it means the vaccination may have been with the Sinovac vaccine? Will other countries approve people entering with Sinovac if it is not approved in those countries?

Yes, this is a problem. Anyone making a reservation should be able to use their "vaccination passport" or whatever to check whether they will be admitted to their destination and under what circumstances, such as quarantine, testing, etc. They might then choose an alternate destination. If Sinovac is the vaccine, China would work, I guess.

2 hours ago, Caldera said:

Classic, if you want to drag out a decision, appoint a committee or order a study. Or both.

In this case though, I actually agree with the approach. The medium to long term impact of vaccinations isn't sufficiently known yet. Not all vaccines are effective against all mutations, nobody knows how long immunity will last, etc. etc.

We need a system that will constantly update protection parameters of individual vaccines so that as knowledge evolves we can know whether we might need testing, quarantine, etc.

3 hours ago, hioctane said:

Vaccine passports don’t prevent anything. It is just proof that you have been vaccinated.

There is no evidence to suggest that vaccinated people can spread the virus. It is still being studied. Until there is definitive proof, it is suggested that they assume they can.

There is a percentage of vaccinated people getting infected and developing symptoms.............  this is why none of the vaccines are 100%.

Of course they can still spread it.....they are infected.  The vaccine protects them, does not stop them carrying and spreading it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

And just how will any country know if a "Covid Certificate" issued in any other country is legitimate of fake, if every country has it's own system?

I'm sure the black markets will be working around the clock spitting out these Covid Certificates at half the price!

Edited by vandeventer
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

I cannot see how this will benefit Thailand as it is the rest of the world that need to adopt a means of registration for a passport/certificate for travelers to come to Thailand. Then Thailand to drop it's quarantine restrictions.

IATA already working on it

• Like 1

23 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai PM orders study on 'vaccine passports' to boost tourism

The best way for the PM, Mr Pipat and all of TAT to boost tourism is to give one statement.

THAILAND HAS INOCULATED 100% OF ITS PEOPLE.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

And just how will any country know if a "Covid Certificate" issued in any other country is legitimate of fake, if every country has it's own system?

Don’t worry.  The people that are bringing you “... you will own nothing and be happy.” Will figure out the details of this out for you.  They just need to convince enough of the gullible that this is a good idea.  Reading over this page I think they are more than half way there already.  

Makes sense and will happen globally one way or the other, just like the old yellow vaccination booklet I used to carry last century. No big deal - let's get the world moving again, starting next month or May latest ????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RR2020 said:

There is a percentage of vaccinated people getting infected and developing symptoms.............  this is why none of the vaccines are 100%.

Of course they can still spread it.....they are infected.  The vaccine protects them, does not stop them carrying and spreading it.

You are not correct. J&J's supposedly does stop the spreading of the virus.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, 10baht said:

You are not correct. J&J's supposedly does stop the spreading of the virus.

So the J&J vaccine has a 100% efficacy then ?

Sorry :

In phase 3 results released last month, J&J's vaccine was 72% effective in the U.S. and 66% effective overall at preventing moderate-to-severe COVID-19. The vaccine also offered “complete protection” against COVID-related hospitalization and death at day 28.

That means of 100% of people who got the jab, only 72% did not get infected with Covid.

So 28% of the people who got the J&J jab in the USA went on to catch Covid-19.

Really.............people need to understand what a vaccine is and how it works.

So what a vaccine passport would mean is those 28% of people who had the J&J jab and got a vaccine passport would be free to catch and spread Covid-19 as no quarantine needed ???????????  

Thats why Vaccine Passports do not work.  Its all talk........its designed to scare you into getting the vaccine else "you might never travel again".........hahahaha

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, RR2020 said:

So the J&J vaccine has a 100% efficacy then ?

Sorry :

In phase 3 results released last month, J&J's vaccine was 72% effective in the U.S. and 66% effective overall at preventing moderate-to-severe COVID-19. The vaccine also offered “complete protection” against COVID-related hospitalization and death at day 28.

That means of 100% of people who got the jab, only 72% did not get infected with Covid.

So 28% of the people who got the J&J jab in the USA went on to catch Covid-19.

Really.............people need to understand what a vaccine is and how it works.

So what a vaccine passport would mean is those 28% of people who had the J&J jab and got a vaccine passport would be free to catch and spread Covid-19 as no quarantine needed ???????????  

Thats why Vaccine Passports do not work.  Its all talk........its designed to scare you into getting the vaccine else "you might never travel again".........hahahaha

What you say about the phase 3 results released last month, is what I have seen. But they are still investigating the transmissibility of the virus by those who had a J&J  vaccination. I think the verdict is still out about the workability of a Vaccine Passport. So many questions, just one is if a country does not approve a particular vaccine for its use, how can that country accept a Vaccine Passport which is for that unapproved vaccine.

Ha ha...... Looking at the picture it looks like Anutin's just followed through when he saw the Chinese brake fluid and kacked his Daks ! ........    Oh dear me........ When will this insanity end ?    I bet Mr T's sat back laughing his spuds off watching these lot performing........ Hopefully he's whispering in the right ear to finally rid Thailand of a worse disease than C19..........    

56 minutes ago, 10baht said:

What you say about the phase 3 results released last month, is what I have seen. But they are still investigating the transmissibility of the virus by those who had a J&J  vaccination. I think the verdict is still out about the workability of a Vaccine Passport. So many questions, just one is if a country does not approve a particular vaccine for its use, how can that country accept a Vaccine Passport which is for that unapproved vaccine.

The other thing that needs to be said........

All efficacy results are based on CURRENT wearing of masks and social distancing and bars and restaurants etc.. being CLOSED.

So J&J 72% is in fact "in lockdown"........................  if everyone stopped wearing masks, and stopped social distancing, and all started going out again.........then that 72% might fall to...........50% ? 40% ?

Dont ever forget all current efficacy figures are based on LOCKDOWN environment, not normal life.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Im guessing..

you will have to get the vaccine certificate (from your own country)

then send it along with your visa application, to the consulate, who then certifies it and passes it onto Thai immigration..

then you pay to get some kind of Thai immigration certificate.

Of course, It will just serve to make the whole process that much harder,

and yet another thing they can charge you for..

500 baht for a 2 baht piece of paper

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Easier to cut off one's left ear to proof anything that is mandatory for everything nowadays. They used to need bank statement, visas, home address, yearly income, return ticket, Hotel address, and no entrance if you had a yellow star, pink star, or black skin. It is getting too cumbersome but we can vote with our feet and go where we are treated best.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, RR2020 said:

The other thing that needs to be said........

All efficacy results are based on CURRENT wearing of masks and social distancing and bars and restaurants etc.. being CLOSED.

So J&J 72% is in fact "in lockdown"........................  if everyone stopped wearing masks, and stopped social distancing, and all started going out again.........then that 72% might fall to...........50% ? 40% ?

Dont ever forget all current efficacy figures are based on LOCKDOWN environment, not normal life.

What has that got to do with it ? The results are based on real life situations , vaccinated vs non vaccinated , X- amount of people did get sick when being vaccinated vs Y-amount of people who did get the placebo who did get sick . If nobody got sick in both groups then there wasnt enough data ( theres also other things like antibody check ) to get it approved .

Wearing a mask together with vaccine will not make any difference in those numbers . Only thing what matters is , that you are much more likely to come in contact with the virus without mask / social distance ... , but the chance of infection vs non infection stays the same.

Stop posting bull***t .